WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Most of us are aware of what happened the last time the WWF implemented a tag team championship for women. According to Pat Patterson, Moolah lost her damn mind and lied to Japanese promoters telling them that The Jumping Bomb Angels were supposed to lose the tag titles to The Glamour Girls at some low key event in Japan when that title exchange was supposed to happen at WrestleMania 4.

While such shenanigans are less likely these days, I'm hoping that Vince isn't urked by the very mention of the idea.

Here's an idea; give the women their own show.

NXT can be the magic melting pot were all athletes are sharing the spotlight. We have a separate show for cruiserweights, we can have a separate show for the women as well. Hell; with the amount of women they have they could even afford to maintain the current roster split.

Female wrestlers aren't the same cookie cutter examples that they used to be. They're characters all their own, so you could have fancy dramatic storylines revolving around female tag team champions within a two hour block of programming.

Beyond the roster that they currently have, there are a lot of women in the independents who would love to make the WWE a return on their investment in a larger female roster.

If they can't cut a deal, just air it on the WWE Network.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:55 PM

xxjohnxx is looking to come up from OCW...

If the women were given their own show it would likely be filled with the Mae Young classic women. It sounds like a good idea, but in reality I don't think the WWE's creative team can handle that many shows. The show would likely have poor writing, leading to declining ratings. The women would likely be on there thinking they might one day be called up to the MR, yet most won't and they will be left wondering if they would make more money on the indies.

The WWE has 5 hours of live TV to fill a week, and NXT. There's enough time for the women to be featured. During the busy WM week, the WWE had 3 storylines for the women going. Bayley/Sasha, Alexa/Nia & CF/Asuka. If they can do that, they can easily handle the tag titles and a midcard title.

Being optimistic, they could hire some of the divas from the past to work the show. If the show is filmed NXT style, once a month, then I could see beth, melina, Laycool and others interested in doing the show. The show being a mix of divas from the past, the current MR women, NXT women and indie women would be a good mix for a women's show. Being realistic, the WWE wouldn't invest the time to do a show like that.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:35 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Please God no! They already have too many titles. The only way I'd be more accepting of it is if they would make 1 sole women's champion and 1 sole men's tag champion. I'd allow only the Champions to go back and forth from Raw to SD. Then each brand's #1 contender would face them or on a dual brand PPV they can setup a contender's match between #1 from SD and #1 of Raw to see who faces the champs. Otherwise for me, there are only a handful of female wrestlers that I enjoy. I think we have enough women's matches. The "revolution" did enough. But knowing WWE they love their "first time evers" so they will probably do it.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:02 AM

theblackplague is looking to come up from OCW...

its only a matter of time before they move all the women to one show and give them a world championship, mid card title and tag-titles. I can see it now. Its another step in the womens revolution. Just wait...it will happen soon enough and when it does...ill be here saying I told u so
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 AM

Very Average is looking to come up from OCW...

For the Women's division, I think if they had Tag Titles then the 2 singles belts would need to be unified.

I would like to see floating Women's tag champions (for all belts tbh), but I'm guessing they would then be exclusive to one show.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:03 PM

M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackplague
its only a matter of time before they move all the women to one show and give them a world championship, mid card title and tag-titles. I can see it now. Its another step in the womens revolution. Just wait...it will happen soon enough and when it does...ill be here saying I told u so
Knowing WWE it very well could.