WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?
Roman Reigns 6 18.18%
Brock Lesnar 3 9.09%
John Cena 2 6.06%
The Undertaker 0 0%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Dean Ambrose 4 12.12%
Seth Rollins (Miracle Return) 1 3.03%
The Rock 0 0%
Kevin Owens 1 3.03%
Triple H 7 21.21%
Ryback 0 0%
Bray Wyatt 2 6.06%
Cesaro (Miracle Return) 0 0%
Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2015, 11:35 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I maintain what I have done for months: I believe Daniel Bryan will win the Royal Rumble, and go on to regain the WWE Title at the biggest Wrestlemania in history.

I think he WILL be a surprise entrant, but I hope he is #20(ish) rather than #30, build a little momentum, actually look strong rather than simply eliminating 1 or 2 to win the match in the space of a few minutes.

As for other surprises, I agree with Sami Zayn being one, to start the road towards a match with Kevin Owens at Wrestlemania - which I can see opening the (main) show.

I'm not sure about Jake the Snake as I think WWE are very tentative, in the wake of Jerry Lawler's heart attack, to let anyone over a certain age in the ring, especially when they HAVE to take a bump to be eliminated. On the other hand, Kurt Angle, assuming he's done with TNA, would get a HUGE reaction. The only other potential surprise I can think of right now is possibly (again a one-night thing) John Morrison; saying that, WWE do like to throw some randoms - who'd have guessed the Godfather or the Boogeyman in recent years??

Hopefully the biggest 'surprise', though will be booking it correctly, after the shambolic booking of this year's event...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:27 PM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

The surprise entries are one of the main things I look forward to about the Royal Rumble. It's always nice to see past favourites coming out for a couple of minutes more in the spotlight with a nostalgia pop.

1. X-Pac
If he's healthy (I read he was injured recently, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Sean Waltman show up, given his close friendship with Triple H. I would hope he'd get a good reaction and not the X-Pac heat he got towards the end of his WWE run. Waltman can still go, and would be a useful addition to the match.

2. Christian
Although he's technically "retired", after suffering concussions, Christian would easily be able to make a Royal Rumble appearance. It wouldn't require him to take any big bumps and Captain Charisma is always a fan favourite. I'd expect a good pop when his theme music hit.

3. Gangrel
Just for the entrance through the ring of fire! It would be awesome to see that entrace and hear the epic Brood music again!

4. Sami Zayn
If he's healthy to return, I'd have Sami appear at the Rumble and make his entrance while Kevin Owens is in the ring, eliminating Owens and continuing their rivalry, leading to a ladder match at WM for the Intercontinental Title.

5. Kurt Angle
Highly unlikely I know, but I would LOVE to see Kurt back in WWE, even just for a short run until WrestleMania where he'd have his retirement match. Angle's music would make the crowd EXPLODE, and it would be great to see Angle back where he belongs.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 PM

bnn52 is looking to come up from OCW...

I personally like the nostalgia of the surprise entrants, but I dislike when they are stars of the past who you know don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. In my perfect RR match where there are going to be 5 surprise entrants, I would have them all be people who you could look at and think they have a legitimate shot at winning or are going to be involved with at least a 2-3 month run after the rumble.

That being said, my 5 surprise entrants this year would be:
1. Returning Daniel Bryan, would love to see him win it and go onto WM.
2. Samoa Joe, he needs to be on the main roster and the Rumble would be a way to kick off his first feud leading into WM
3. Kurt Angle, one last run in the WWE would be great to see, and the guy can still go in the ring
4. AJ Styles, I know this is a longshot, but could you imagine the pop if Styles came out at #30?
5. Shelton Benjamin, as someone mentioned earlier, guy can produce big spots, maybe bring in Haas too, and align them back with Angle to feud with New Day at WM?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

1. Mick Foley as Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack comes to the ring with a flaming , barbed wire two by four in hand and is not allowed to enter with the weapon. But has Mr. Socko as a back up.

2. Ric Flair. Super old Nature Boy enters number one and goes one on one with Cesaro. Cesaro immediately grabs Flair and gives him the Cesaro Swing for an impressive 147 rotation...killing him . Five people are eliminated during the swing but don't touch them.

3. One Man Gang as Hakeem. He gets into a dancing contest with Big E and they get too involved and start kissing. It makes national news.

4. Brock Lesnar enters number 15...he elimates 10 superstars with F5s out of the ring. But out next is...a fucking Grizzly Bear ? A well trained Grizzly Bear enters the ring, he endures 5 German suplexs from Brock before swatting him over the ropes. The bear is eliminated by Braun Stroman.

5. Vince McMahon. The chairman comes out...he fires the remaining two superstars and declares himself the Royal Rumble winner.

RMK
Old 10-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here are my five picks. Like I used to, I'm going wayward from the normal names.

1) WWE World Heavy Weight Champion Seth Freaking Rollins!

Won't it be great deal of heel heat if he decides to show up at #29 or #30 to emphasize anyone from winning the Royal Rumble event?

2) The Showstopper Shawn Michaels!!

This could be a huge pop. Shawn has been in and out of the ring for a while but just for putting over the other stars. I miss the Sweet Chin Music party. Let him superkick a few jobbers out of the harms way?

3) Cody Rhodes!!

Just for that night he should return as Cody and eliminate someone. The next night he should go back to the Stardust gimmick and feud with whomsoever he had eliminated the previous night!

4) Damien CM Punk-dow!

The Cult of Personality music goes off and the crowd will go crazy but it should be Damien Sandow under the hoodie and yells Clobbering time!! He probably should get eliminated in 1 second solidifying his glorified jobber spot. (Mind you I'm a huge CM Punk fan. I would probably go nuts and run around Naked if his music hits)

5) Goldberg or Stonecold Steve Austin!

They probably shouldn't be in that match. But should come around at #20 and Spear or Stunner the whole pack of blokes mauling in the ring and then should jump over the rope and disappeared into the crowd. (Just a crazy fantasy)

Cheers!!

Credits: Dave
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 AM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I love your Cody Rhodes idea. It could almost even be a like a Mick Foley appearance. Cody comes out and gets eliminated, then later Stardust comes out.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

The spot i'l love to see and never been done before:
#29 enters and there only him and one other guy in the ring, they eliminate each other and whoever enters #30 to the empty ring declared the winner...#30 guy must be popular or shoking enough though.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 PM

theuk savior is looking to come up from OCW...

mine would be buff bagwell shane o mac rvd.

my last to would be lesnar and have sable come down with him and haymen and then straight after marc mero just to see how brock reacts to sables ex being in the ring with him
Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'd like to see a completely unexpected winner for once. The Rumble comes down to Reigns, Lesnar , Wyatt and Cesaro and Cesaro shocks the world and body slams Lesnar over the top rope. I think the arena would go nuts for that. Cesaro has been getting some major fan reaction lately, even more than Reigns and Ambrose.

RMK
Old 10-30-2015, 12:56 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
I'd like to see a completely unexpected winner for once. The Rumble comes down to Reigns, Lesnar , Wyatt and Cesaro and Cesaro shocks the world and body slams Lesnar over the top rope. I think the arena would go nuts for that. Cesaro has been getting some major fan reaction lately, even more than Reigns and Ambrose.
I would love to see that too, but Cesaro is no where near the main event scene right now, but that can change.

If Daniel Bryan does show up in time for the Rumble, and doesn't win, then we'll have the same shit happen that happened for the last two years. So keep him out of it, bring him back afterwards. He already has a rematch for the title and doesn't need a Rumble win. Neither does Reigns for that matter.

So someone unexpected would be nice, but doubtful the WWE will do it.