WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
There's nothing wrong with rationalizing one's thought but its also a good idea to try and put yourself in the other person's shoes as well.
In other words......empathy. When disagreeing with someone else, or when sitting in judgment of them, this is a great quality to possess.....and one in which society falls far short.

Sympathy? That, we've got.....the ability of people to be absolutely dripping with sorrow for people we hear or read about in the news is what we excel in. Feeling so sorry for folks we've never seen or met and never will see or meet is something at which we're fabulous. Of course, after feeling the deepest of sympathy for them today, we will have moved onto something else by tomorrow.....but today; man, do we ever feel sorry for them.

As a quality, I like empathy better: it's considering the other person's situation or point of view and measuring it by saying: What if it were happening to me? If I were the accused in a court of law, that's how I would hope the jury could look at it.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I have no problem looking in the mirror when that's the right thing to do. My parents raised me to understand when I make my own bed, I have to lie in it.

But really it comes down to what I've heard referred to in my country as, "The wussification of America." Everyone has become overly sensitive about everything. If you say something generally regarded as minor and insignificant and I don't like it, it's not my fault for being overly sensitive. It's your fault for saying it. Who gives a crap about freedom of speech? I was offended. But if you try and stop me from saying something I believe I have the right to say, oh boy am I going to bitch and moan.

Everyone has become unrightfully entitled and it's only getting worse. It started out as frivolous lawsuits. It's now become people becoming overly sensitive about political correctness.

The fact is people need to take responsibility for their own shit. But why do that when it's become all too easy to blame someone else? They might even make some money out of it.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
I have no problem looking in the mirror when that's the right thing to do. My parents raised me to understand when I make my own bed, I have to lie in it.

But really it comes down to what I've heard referred to in my country as, "The wussification of America." Everyone has become overly sensitive about everything. If you say something generally regarded as minor and insignificant and I don't like it, it's not my fault for being overly sensitive. It's your fault for saying it. Who gives a crap about freedom of speech? I was offended. But if you try and stop me from saying something I believe I have the right to say, oh boy am I going to bitch and moan.

Everyone has become unrightfully entitled and it's only getting worse. It started out as frivolous lawsuits. It's now become people becoming overly sensitive about political correctness.

The fact is people need to take responsibility for their own shit. But why do that when it's become all too easy to blame someone else? They might even make some money out of it.
Sad but true are is the first thing I think of when I read this post. It's ridiculous how sensitive people are these days and how easy it is to set someone off. It's the reason why Anti-Bullying campaigns and stuff like that give me a headache. I agree kids shouldn't get picked on but the truth is that's never gonna happen. Kids will be kids and bullies will always exist. You can't lessen it and you can't get rid of it.

Since the problem can't be eliminated why not try and teach kids how to deal with bullies instead? Teach them mental and emotional toughness and teach them to stand up for themselves and not take it. It's a lesson of life everyone should learn. If someone pushes you, you push back.

The more crazy shit that happens in the world the more it seems society tries to coddle and protect the masses. The problem is you're not protecting people by doing this stuff, you are crippling them and you're basically teaching them if something happens they don't like they are taught to run and cower instead of speaking up. But as you said why stand up for yourself if you can just sue and make some money off of it?

Make Dimension X great again!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

Its part of taking responsibility for your own actions. If your wife is emotionally distant, sitting her down and actually talking to her would be a great way to start. It can be hard to express yourself as a guy because men arent supposed to have feelings but worse case scenario she'll leave you and you'll be free to look for someone who's a lot better at accepting you for who you are. If you spill coffee on your lap, man up and accept that you were clumsy. Right now, someone around the world just tripped and fell over. It could be a farmer, it could be someone who works at Wall Street. It doesnt make them any less human or successful. But as one commenter said, theres a culture of lawyers and lawsuits, particularly in the US, that says if you point your finger at exactly the right person or company, you will be receiving a very rewarding check for your losses.
sendpm.gif