WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-09-2017, 03:45 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

In my opinion, he doesn't need salvaging or vitalized because the formula he has more than works out just fine. Orton is still a top merchandise seller, he gets big pops whenever he comes out to do his thing, fans pay attention to him when he cuts a promo and he's been consistently over almost his entire career. So apart from the usual internet fan complaints, there's really no reason for Orton to change at all.

Orton's 37 years old and it's highly unlikely that he's going to be altered to any significant degree for the rest of his career. I wouldn't mind seeing Orton be in either the United States or Intercontinental Championship scenes, that's something I've personally been hoping to see happen for several years because there's no realistically means of salvaging Orton as a World Champion. I think it was inevitable that this would be the case when you consider that Orton was a Royal Rumble winner, Tag Team Champion, Intercontinental Champion and 6 time World Champion all before he was 30 years old. Orton was pushed and pushed hard from a really young age and he'd already had what could be deemed a full career as a major player by hitting an age range when most pro wrestlers in such prominent companies are really only starting to hit their stride.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:28 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

At this point in the game, i don't think you need to really change a think with orton. While the guy will never really be over as much as John Cena is, He's still pretty over with the fans in general and it's mostly because of how long the guy as been there. His Job is to help the new guy get over and i think to a certain extent he's doing a pretty good job at it now.

Orton likes Cena is on his last leg of his career, he's already doing a part time schedule by not doing a lot of house shows and he's settling in his spot as a veteran which is kinda nice to see. The guy is pretty much untouchable now and whatever the guy does, fans will react positively to it so just let him be him for what's left of his career.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:46 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Randy needs to give the fans a reason to care about him. Randy is crazy talented. He was born to be a pro wrestler. Too often though, especially in recent years, fans feel like he is just going through the motions and coasting on his past success and favorable reputation in the company to stay on top instead of actually trying to reinvent his stale persona and actually putting in the hard work that so many fans desire from these guys.
Didn't he do a shoot where he said he's comfortable where he is at in his career and doesn't mind what the WWE does with him since he feels he's already been established.

So yeah he's at the point where he's coasting in his career. Which is fine since he's made good money and is probably set for life and is perfectly fine where he is at.

Like I said before Orton is a very good talent but i never considered him great. He seems to be the kind of guy where you can have a great feud if you programme him with someone already established like Triple H, John Cena, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, or Undertaker but isn't the guy to carry a feud on his own. I mean he had some good ones with Mysterio and Mark Henry but you look at his feuds with Kane, Bray Wyatt, Batista, and Edge they aren't very memorable. Even when he was Champ before WM30 he didn't really have any heat, most of the fan interest was on Daniel Bryan and the heel heat were from Triple H, Stephanie, and Batista.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Nyce18 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with every reply on this topic that stated that at this point, he doesn't NEED to change a thing for the reasons already previously stated in this thread. I also agree that doing something different again would breathe some life into his character. And while with Orton it would be nothing new anymore as he has flipped and flopped often, it is well documented that he makes a far better heel. Orton as a face is only as strong as the heel opposite of him. While other faces could carry a feud or bring feuds to greater heights, Orton for some reason lacks this ability in this role. Therefore, if the heel doesn't make us invested in the feud, Orton isn't going to either. As a heel, Orton is more natural and his look and attitude almost makes it that much more authentic. A guy like that needs to be able to push the envelope and overstep boundaries.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

I've always been on the fence about Randy Orton. He's a guy that's done it all in the company. He has the most powerful, protected and the best looking finisher in WWE called the R.K.O. When was the last time you remember somebody actually kicking out of the R.K.O? I don't think I've ever seen it. I'm sure it's happened but compare it to the AA that Cena has to fire off 4 or 5 in a match to hope to win with it. It would take about 15 to 25 AA's in a row vs Brock Lesner right now to beat him. But I veered off topic.

I view Randy Orton as a mediocre sports entertainer right now. I think his recent feud with Mahal was pretty unremarkable and the first two PPV matches were pretty much carbon copies of each other with the third match being the worst yet in the Piss Prison cage match. His feud with Bray Wyatt was much better and (for the most part) pretty entertaining right up until Wrestlemania. Then they had that boring, uninspired match with videos of bugs on the canvas. Randy won, nobody really cared. Then The House of Suck. That was somehow worse.

I'd rather see Randy Orton as a heel working within the mid card.

TALK TO JIM
Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Didnt know he needs saving. Man is future HoF and one of the guys that won all. I could even argue that accomplishment wise he is in top 10 ever. 13 times main Champion, has tag team Championship, Intercontinental one and won Rumble and MiTB. He only need US title which he would maybe win until the end of his career. He is there to be there, put some other guys over and maybe win something along on the road, his time at top guy is well over. So as far as he is concerned he is doing his part very well.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

He's one of my favorites. I think the best he has ever been was Royal Rumble 2009 through WM26. He was off the leash. He was a total maniac and the fans loved him, so much so they turned him babyface.

Since then? Great matches, very little character. I don't know who to blame. Maybe WWE just doesn't care. Maybe Randy doesn't care. Either way, I'm nowhere near as interested in what he does now. It's unfortunate.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:49 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

In the end I am ok where Orton is. I'd rather have someone coasting but agreeing to put the young guys over than people being, not only coasting, but lazy as well but refusing to put people over like Scott Hall and Kevin Nash when they were in WCW.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:14 AM
Roman Reigns the real 1-2-3 Kid

StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...

Randy Orton was almost completely re-vitalized during his run-in with The Wyatts. SDL was fresh and at least attempting to have unique storylines last year and it felt like this one was a part of the shows core for 5-6 months.

They played it slow and methodical, with Orton and Bray showing up big at Survivor Series and RR. But WWE would ultimately fuck this up by feeding Bray to Randy at 'Mania. I didn't mind Randy going in as face but he should of lost and turned heel. Instead of sending Bray to RAW, Randy could of filled that void. Bray could've got a lengthy reign and Jinder could've won the US title.

Instead... were stuck with a directionless Randy and a bland Bray "Never gonna win the big one so none of this creepy poetry matters" Wyatt. The only way now I can see Randy Orton being re-vitalized is doing something new with his career instead of being in main event title picture or in upper mid-card feuds. This match with Rusev is pointless even if Randy goes over it doesn't do shit for him and obviously does no favours for Rusev. Orton needs to go for the US title or maybe form a tag team. I know it sounds odd for a 13 time world champ but everyone needs to step away and freshen up sometimes (See Cena 2014). Maybe even a slight tweak to his gimmick which hasn't really seen a MAJOR change since 2010-11 (Sadistic/Legacy Orton to Babyface Apex Predator).

All in all, going from the RR winner to losing 3 times to Jinder Mahal on PPV can't make you that important to the Main Event. Wouldn't hurt to try another place on the card.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's time to turn him heel again. And I mean true heel!!! Leave him on Smackdown where you already have top faces like Nakamura, Zayn, New Day, etc...

Flip Kevin Owens face to start

Then form a new heel faction on Smackdown (4 horsemen group) with Ric Flair. Styles, Orton, Corbin, & Ziggler.

Then along with Rusev, Mahal, & The Uso's you have plenty of heel talent on the B-Brand. Orton moving to a 2nd tier role behind Styles at this point in his career makes sense to. He could have a nice run as US Champ or tag champs with Ziggler or Corbin.