WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think they missed a trick here by not doing a 16 man tournament that had the semis and final at Battleground. Plus they still haven't explained why Triple H would even give Bryan another chance if he believes he bought off a ref. I at least hoped it would be an Iron Man match.

As it stands I'm not a fan of adding in the Bella as I don't think that will do anything for Bryan, unless she ends up siding with Orton. As for a winner, the last few weeks have been about Orton finding the "Old Randy Orton" and I think he caps it off by winning the title at Battleground.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:38 AM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

The biggest question that keeps running through my head as I consider this match is: "Who is more likely to hold the WWE Championship into Wrestlemania?", as I believe the winner of this feud will. And despite how popular Daniel Bryan is, I believe WWE sees him as a fill-in for John Cena, and Randy Orton a true main-eventer. Despite it coming from a mysoganistic heel, when Randy Orton told Brie Bella, "If you want to be with a real man, I'm around", I can't help but thinking WWE means it. Randy Orton has the look Vince McMahon loves, Daniel Bryan does not.

Then there's referee Scott Armstrong. I doubt WWE ran that angle simply to abandon it altogether, and I could see a scenario where it turns out that HHH paid Armstrong himself, telling him to count fast if it looked like Bryan had a legitimate three count, giving HHH the right to strip Bryan of the title. I was expecting HHH to insert himself as referee here again, using Armstrong's fast count as justification, HHH "can't trust anyone to call the match down the middle" but himself.

The point I'm trying to make I suppose is that it's hard to stay invested in Bryan as it's hard to see a scenario where HHH and Stephanie don't screw Bryan over in the end, as they have at every turn thus far. I could see WWE using the declining ratings as an indicator that Bryan isn't over as a face, discounting the fact they're competing with new network TV programming, Monday Night Football, the World Series playoffs, hockey season beginning, and no John Cena, far and away their biggest draw. Nope, like they did with Punk, they'll blame their current top face, Daniel Bryan.

So having said this, I believe Randy Orton wins this match as Daniel Bryan gets screwed once again.In the issue of "fairness", HHH will grant Daniel Bryan one last shot at Orton inside Hell in A Cell, which should be the best possible blowoff for this feud. But Orton wins here and at Hell In a Cell. With Cena gone, I truly believe WWE sees Randy Orton as the face of the company, and who is "best for business" as champion.

Further, because of the HHH vs. the faces storyline, there have been no real heel challengers built up to face Daniel Bryan, while faces abound that could challenge Orton. I suppose they could do Punk vs. Bryan, but if they see Daniel Bryan as bad for business, wouldn't logic dictate that the tattooed Punk vs. Bryan would be worse?

With some sort of screwjob in the works, Randy Orton becomes an 11 time champion. They've invested in making Orton a ruthless, destructive heel, I can't imagine them going with that shift in character from arrogant to ruthless, unless the plan was to go w Orton as champion.

Unless he's too aggressive of course, and gets himself DQ'd or counted out. They used the logic that a title can't change hands when held in Absentia, where at Judgment Day 2008 Undertaker beat Edge by count-out, yet Vickie held the title up still, because there was no pinfall or submission. No chance Bryan regains the title here, which makes it difficult for me to get excited for what should be another solid match.

Either Orton wins the title, or is DQd and the title is held up until the blowoff feud at Hell In A Cell.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:13 AM

Carlito_Orton is looking to come up from OCW...

I also think Randy's going to be walking away with the Championship this Sunday at Battleground it just makes more sense for Orton to win if the feud is going to end at HIAC.

I go into more detail as to why I think Orton will win in the Simulation/Predcition video I just posted.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Book This Section is looking to come up from OCW...

The next match is Daniel Bryan facing Randy Orton for the Vacent, WWE Championship belt that was stripped of Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions. Daniel Bryan is a Two Time WWE Champion however his two WWE Reigns combined have lasted about 21 Hours in total.

My Prediction: I believe that no one will get the WWE Championship belt here as there will be something such as a Time Limit Draw. I think this because I see the belt being vacant until Survivor Series when Daniel Bryan wins it and then he faces CM Punk for the belt at Wrestlemania 30.

End Prediction: Daniel Bryan v. Randy Orton ends in a No Contest
sendpm.gif
Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM
If you have ghosts...
Knockout Champion

El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...El Rev sXe is looking to come up from OCW...

With this whole "Orton has found again his viciousness", I can totally see a finish where Orton and his anger gets the best out of him and gets himself DQ or something like that. Anyway is going to be a physical one specially with the "return" of the Viper.

Neither man wins the title leading up to a final encounter with no rules at HiaC.

Fortunately I have beard too so...

A great sig maker: FutureShockWWE!
sendpm.gif
Old 10-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't think Bryan walks out as champion. The two options are a draw and Orton winning through interference. If it is a draw then they can decide the champion inside Hell in a Cell which is logical. If Orton wins (with The Shield or Big Show interfering) then they can build to one last match at Hell in a Cell with either Bryan finally winning or him being screwed and setting a feud with HHH.

I personally think Orton wins with The Big Show getting involved.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Well, at least the topics on this forum that ask: "What's Next for Randy Orton" have a short-term answer. The feud with Daniel continues; that's where a "no contest" at a pay-per-view seems to point.

It makes sense. They're both terrific ring workers, they have chemistry. they both belong in the title picture, the animosity that borders on admiration between them remains........plus, John Cena isn't around and CM Punk is otherwise engaged.

All are valid reasons to keep Randy-Daniel going, and last night's result indicates it will.
sendpm.gif