WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:51 AM
Remix's Avatar
Remix Remix is offline
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jolly old England
Posts: 1,154
Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

I should probable preface this by saying I live FCW, but in this case, it's irrelevant. My opinions on this move are independent to me opinions of FCW.

With that said; this is a completely and utterly, indefensibly boneheaded move for a few reasons. Firstly, what does WWE have in Stanford? Their HQ and not a lot else. Now, Titan Towers might be a kickass office, but you can't run a wrestling school out of it. Secondly (and this relates to the first point) everything that makes running a developmental fed possible is in Florida. Ya know, at the facility you just closed down. That's where the world class school is, that's where the talent lives (or did, at least), and that's where everybody to debut in the last 5 years lives. Combine the last two sentences and we see that WWE has no school for the developmental guys to relocate to, so for the forseeable future WWE developmental, isn't; since nobody expendable lives in CT, the new fed has no draws, meaning that for most of the tallent, the first time they wrestle in front of more than 50 people will be at a WWE house show, which they have no preparation for; the tallent has to relocate too, and deal with the hassle thereof, but that's no big deal relative to the last two things. Thirdly, this helps nobody in at least the short term. WWE have to go through the expense of setting up a damn new fed, the talent's getting neglected both short, and long term by moving to a location with no facilities or trainers, and since nobody in FCW developmental is able to draw a large crowd, and nobody in CT is going go and moonlight a developmental show, to draw a notable crowd, someone's got to be on the road for 7 days that week. Finally, one of the things that enabled FCW (and to a lesser extent OVW and DSW, as they had their own rosters that weren't under WWE contracts) to adapt to call ups was the fact that (NXT 1 and 2 excluded) top tier guys were able to be replaced as they left, and the fact that how Dusty saw someone was different to how WWE did, enabling a disconnect between who was at the top of FCW and who gets called up. By basing the new fed where WWE management will have more of a say (let's be honest, that's why they're moving it to Stanford) that's not going to be there. The guys at the top of the card will be the guys on their way to a callup which is less of a stable setup since there's not an infinite amount of tallent in FCW, meaning the cream of the crop will get rapidly thinned, a poor way to run a fed (although I admit to that not being a primary intention of a development fed).

tl;dr stupid move, I hate the decision.
sendpm.gif
  #12  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 38
Posts: 12,871
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoizH28 View Post
A lot of sites are assuming that a new facility will open in CT. I actually think WWE is gonna move the FCW talent to Booker T's wrestling school it makes to much sense. Booker T comes back on TE, then he becomes a weekly announcer on Smackdown then he re-opens his wrestling school. Anyone agree with me here?
It's certainly possible. I remember reading several years back that Booker T was really working to get Vince to have his wrestling school be the WWE's developmental territory, but JL ultimately wanted FCW because, allegedly, he loves the Florida nightlife. This was a big sore spot for Booker and was a major contributing factor to him leaving WWE.

However, Booker has been back for a while now and fences have obviously been mended. Having Booker's school be the territory responsible for recruiting & training new stars will add only more credibility when and if Tough Enough makes its return.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
  #13  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Remix's Avatar
Remix Remix is offline
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jolly old England
Posts: 1,154
Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...Remix is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
It's certainly possible. I remember reading several years back that Booker T was really working to get Vince to have his wrestling school be the WWE's developmental territory, but JL ultimately wanted FCW because, allegedly, he loves the Florida nightlife. This was a big sore spot for Booker and was a major contributing factor to him leaving WWE.
Also, Keirn trained DDP and Goldust, while the only PWA graduate I've know of is Jason Steele and he's a threetime developmental reject (as in, WWE said no at three tryouts) who has neer wrestled a match outside of Africa. I can see why WWE went with Doink not the five time WCW champ on this one.
sendpm.gif
  #14  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
mr_dna's Avatar
mr_dna mr_dna is offline
Registered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England, Kent
Posts: 209
mr_dna is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I think i read some rumbles a little while back about Lance storms school was considered as a development area a little while back. If Lance was training future wwe Star your get a much better wrestler then is being produced
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #15  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM
trkoeller trkoeller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spring Hill, Fl
Posts: 11
trkoeller is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to trkoeller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre Ibushimix View Post
I should probable preface this by saying I live FCW, but in this case, it's irrelevant. My opinions on this move are independent to me opinions of FCW.

With that said; this is a completely and utterly, indefensibly boneheaded move for a few reasons. Firstly, what does WWE have in Stanford? Their HQ and not a lot else. Now, Titan Towers might be a kickass office, but you can't run a wrestling school out of it. Secondly (and this relates to the first point) everything that makes running a developmental fed possible is in Florida. Ya know, at the facility you just closed down. That's where the world class school is, that's where the talent lives (or did, at least), and that's where everybody to debut in the last 5 years lives. Combine the last two sentences and we see that WWE has no school for the developmental guys to relocate to, so for the forseeable future WWE developmental, isn't; since nobody expendable lives in CT, the new fed has no draws, meaning that for most of the tallent, the first time they wrestle in front of more than 50 people will be at a WWE house show, which they have no preparation for; the tallent has to relocate too, and deal with the hassle thereof, but that's no big deal relative to the last two things. Thirdly, this helps nobody in at least the short term. WWE have to go through the expense of setting up a damn new fed, the talent's getting neglected both short, and long term by moving to a location with no facilities or trainers, and since nobody in FCW developmental is able to draw a large crowd, and nobody in CT is going go and moonlight a developmental show, to draw a notable crowd, someone's got to be on the road for 7 days that week. Finally, one of the things that enabled FCW (and to a lesser extent OVW and DSW, as they had their own rosters that weren't under WWE contracts) to adapt to call ups was the fact that (NXT 1 and 2 excluded) top tier guys were able to be replaced as they left, and the fact that how Dusty saw someone was different to how WWE did, enabling a disconnect between who was at the top of FCW and who gets called up. By basing the new fed where WWE management will have more of a say (let's be honest, that's why they're moving it to Stanford) that's not going to be there. The guys at the top of the card will be the guys on their way to a callup which is less of a stable setup since there's not an infinite amount of tallent in FCW, meaning the cream of the crop will get rapidly thinned, a poor way to run a fed (although I admit to that not being a primary intention of a development fed).

tl;dr stupid move, I hate the decision.
That is definitely true. i wrestled florida indy circuit for quite sometime, and i can definitely say that this sucks. florida not only has the best facility, but most of the wrestling fans. the farther north you move, it seems like fan support also dies. i currently wrestle in west virginia(wvcw), and some of the shows i put on might have at a maximum 25 ppl in the audience, where as in the asw in fl i could wrestle for at least 50. i find myself having to travel to north carolina based promotions just for a decent payday to do what i love, and answer phones for the satelite company the rest of the time so i can afford to travel.

Vince needs to realize that developmental wrestlers today are like the territory wrestlers of the past. we will travel, but most of us go broke in the process. dumbass decision vince. fuck you
sendpm.gif
  #16  
Old 03-20-2012, 09:31 AM
BaconBits's Avatar
BaconBits BaconBits is offline
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Age: 41
Posts: 542
BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

People in Florida are going to hate this move. I get that.

But there has to be some financial benefit to doing this. The WWE wouldn't do it if it was going to be a money pit. They have enough other money pits right now, adding another one doesn;t make sense.

I think many underestimate the potential of a developmental territory in relatively close proximity to New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia. The fans in that area are some of the most rabid in the entire country, and if you can manage to get over with that crowd, it really means something towards your future potential in the big leagues.
sendpm.gif
  #17  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Peoples_Champ's Avatar
Peoples_Champ Peoples_Champ is offline
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 551
Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

They should have stuck with OVW. I still have no idea why that development site was shut down, I was under the impression it was successful.

The problem with the current development system is that in the old territories, you would have experienced wrestlers alongside rookies. These days, we have inexperienced talent wrestling with inexperienced talent. This leads nowhere. Any new developmental organization needs to have a balanced mix. Hopefully whatever next steps the WWE decides to take, whether it be Booker's or something new in CT, it has this balance.
__________________

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
  #18  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
IHW's Avatar
IHW IHW is offline
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Owensboro, Kentucky
Posts: 739
IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

I think they should make FCW turn into a show for the network.
Lets call it NXT. Let William Regal be the GM, Striker be the interviewer, and JR and Joey Styles be on commentary. Styles said on twitter that he and Ross should work together. Put all the developmental guys on it.
Use some of the big superstars to help out on the show sometimes.
Tell the Developmental Boys that they will be on NXT until they are ready for WWE. Let the winners of future Tough Enough Seasons go to NXT. Sign Indy guys. Let these people earn respect from fans and fight for spots on the main roster.
You can even demote guys like Kidd and Tatsu if Creative has nothing for them. Hell, on Draft day have a "random" selection go to Raw, and on go to SD!

Boom, now I have saved NXT and made a new show for the network.
sendpm.gif
  #19  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
jrichardson25 jrichardson25 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Age: 31
Posts: 195
jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoizH28 View Post
A lot of sites are assuming that a new facility will open in CT. I actually think WWE is gonna move the FCW talent to Booker T's wrestling school it makes to much sense. Booker T comes back on TE, then he becomes a weekly announcer on Smackdown then he re-opens his wrestling school. Anyone agree with me here?
I made a mention of that yesterday in another thread. Booker's facility supposedly is really high quality including setups for TV production. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen especially since then JR could drive to the facility and asses talent since that seems to be his role now.

Back on topic.... I am actually extremely surprised by this move. I think the cost of things might have driven this decision. There are a lot of wrestlers that live in Florida and some (Cena) have places where the FCW guys can actually hit the weights and work with the main event talent to get into shape...(among other things)... I can also assume something went bad... but making an assumption is just that... there's no evidence to support it yet.

I would think we will know the whole story soon enough....
__________________
Formerly Speedsniper2005... getting too old for high school stuff haha.
sendpm.gif
  #20  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
PagingMr.ass PagingMr.ass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
PagingMr.ass is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgenius10 View Post
why not make NXT the new developmental system? at least they're travelling with the full time guys. and what if JR & Regal becomes NXT's announce team?
I gotta say I agree with this. Does WWE really need to support a developmental league with a roster 40 male wrestlers, 9 divas, and three refs in training, and thats just the people listed under the talent section on their website, once you start adding in all the other people it takes to run this organization its seems like way to big of an operation for something thats only being aired on local programming in a few Florida cities. 40 wrestlers is a higher count than either Raw or Smackdown Superstars, although at least according to WWE.com it looks like they my have completely done away with identifying employees as either Raw or Smackdown superstars as they now appear in one group with no recognizable offiliation.

To add on to this if you look at their alumni page, their are less current signed WWE stars to come out of FCW since its existance then currently signed FCW talent. Whats the point of carrying around 40 guys when only 10-15 show any real promise. Not to mention WWE allready list over ten superstars like Reks and Curtis who are almost never used on TV. The WWE should either cut down to a select few and put them on NXT, where they get real mat and promo time infront of an actual WWE sized audience and get a feel for traveling with the guys and the locker room life. OR they can just go back to how the used to do it where they just become "offiliated" with other existing organiszations like Deep South or Ohio Valley Wrestling. This way someone else foots the bill while WWE saves money by lending financial support to groom certain stars rather than operate an elaborate INDY promotion, which is what FCW essentially was.

On a side note this may be a blessing disguise for some who's main roster bumps may start sooner than expected i.e. Seth Rollins.
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices