WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's different it's something I want to see before judging it. Tito Santana was a fine worker and I didn't care if he was a "matador" or a "butcher" as long as he kept delivering and being a big name for the Latino community. Primo and Epico are both two great workers, they are fun and athletic. They also come from a big wrestling family in Puerto Rico so that's just one proof that they have what it takes to make it work.

Be open about it instead of crapping on it just because it's a different gimmick. I'm sure they are not gonna be pushed to be on my TV for more than 15 minutes on a Monday Night Raw. They could a babyface duo or an heel cocky duo that are there to make fun of their opponents and stuff. I'm interested to see what they are going to do, if I like it, well great! If I don't like it, then I'll come here and complain.

It's Damn Real
sendpm.gif
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm not sure what to make of it yet, I think the vignette came off really cheesy but once they get out there it might be much better. I like teams that have an identity like teams in the 80's had so they have that as a plus point for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Deste003 is looking to come up from OCW...

First off Primo and Epico I believe are Puerto Rican not Mexican. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. But most importantly, am I excited about this gimmick? Not really. But dont count anything out. If I asked everyone in January if they thought a ballroom dancing gimmick would work everyone would laugh me out of the boards. And now look at Fandango. Although he has lost some momentum he is still popular and his song was #1 on some charts. Dont count them out it may just be the next big thing in the tag team division.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Terrible View Post

Sami Zayn has greater potential and a longer shelf life than El Generico.

You know when ADR cut that promo at SSlam, it got me thinking, how far can a latino hero go? Upper mid-card for sure ye, but a good competent, masked wrestler can actually be a great merch seller as well as a marquee draw. Yes I'm using Rey as an example. If you market the guy right, a masked wrestler can be a good option on the card. Provided he has some grasp of the english language, can talk his fair share and provide his quota of exciting spots and matches.

I haven't seen their promo, and I'm not that hopeful. What would be neat if we did have a good masked wrestler though.

How old is Liger? Can we replicate his kinky mask as replicas?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM

nickscarz is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to nickscarz
Default jobber team

this repackaging of primo and epico just screams jobber to me,,, i cant see these guys gettin over unless they actually bring the bull into the arena and have them fight the bull lol//// im happy there gettin on tv again but this one looks bad
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickscarz View Post
this repackaging of primo and epico just screams jobber to me,,, i cant see these guys gettin over unless they actually bring the bull into the arena and have them fight the bull lol//// im happy there gettin on tv again but this one looks bad

Mantaur needs to make a comeback.

I don't think they will be jobbers. Well not just yet. A few Oles later maybe. I dunno this seems like a "Fad Gimmick". As in people might latch onto the Oles and just run with it making this group a fun live experience.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I just read a story updating the situation and is looks as though Los Matadores will have a mascot.

Earlier this year, WWE signed Mascarita Dorada to a developmental deal and he's going to be accompanying Los Matadores. Dorada is a mini, better known to us as a "midget wrestler". He's 31 years of age, 4'5" in height and 110 pounds. WWE has also trademarked the names "Torlito" and "Torito", so I'm guessing those will be the new monikers for Epico & Primo.

I can't say I'm excited at all about this. The inclusion of a mini sidekick, mascot or whatever could indicate that this is going to be sort of a goofy, comedy team. The first vignette we saw of them last night already makes it kind of difficult, based on first impressions, to take the team seriously; so this only makes it harder. Two guys running around dressed as matadors wearing masks with a midget sidekick: this sounds like it has Vince McMahon's fingerprints all over it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
You know when ADR cut that promo at SSlam, it got me thinking, how far can a latino hero go? Upper mid-card for sure ye, but a good competent, masked wrestler can actually be a great merch seller as well as a marquee draw. Yes I'm using Rey as an example. If you market the guy right, a masked wrestler can be a good option on the card. Provided he has some grasp of the english language, can talk his fair share and provide his quota of exciting spots and matches.

I haven't seen their promo, and I'm not that hopeful. What would be neat if we did have a good masked wrestler though.

How old is Liger? Can we replicate his kinky mask as replicas?
That was the whole point of signing Sin Cara. He was a a HUGE draw in Mexico as Mistico. He was supposed to be the next latin hero.

The problem lied in that Sin Cara didn't go to FCW to figure out how to work a match in the WWE. Couple that with the fact that he botched his matches, can't cut promos in english, injuries, and a terrible theme song, it all fell apart.

Epico and Primo are skilled in the ring, they just lack charisma. Maybe this will make them popular. Masks are good merchandise to move, but throughout the history of wrestling in the United States only Rey was able to a huge merch machine.

That's why my hope is in Samuray del Sol. Unlike Mistico, he's actually worked in the States and probably has a better understanding of how things work in the USA.

sendpm.gif
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

I am mothafuckin PUMPED for this. If the WWE needs anything, its more gimmicks, more creativity, and more solidified tag teams. It will get them ten times further than wht they were doing before, which was nothing, with no gimmick at all.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 PM

ATLMIATEX is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to ATLMIATEX

Do they remind anyone else of Los Guerrero's? I hope this tag team gets booked properly, I think they could get over very well.
Imagine when Los Matadores break up. Sin Cara & Epico(Rey & Eddie?)
I don't know. That's what this reminds me of.