WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LODemolition View Post
Honestly I can see TNA folding within a year or two, and that was whether Hogan was still with them or not. I hope they do survive even though I'm not a fan, because they do have some talent on the roster and if the company collapses, I just don't see how the WWE would find room to give air time to the guys they sign without adding a 3rd weekly show.
Explain how you got that notion. Are the ratings plummeting now? No. Is viewership plummeting? Nope, better than ever. They're going on the road more than any previous year. They just signed a bunch of International deals and got a huge sponsor in DirectAuto. The product is solid, the roster is amazing and the shows are getting better and better. So go ahead, tell me how you got to that conclusion. Or are you just flapping your gums for no reason?

And whether Hogan stays or leaves - just keep Bishoff. He's the one TNA needs. Hogan's valuable as well, despite common smarky belief. Hope he doesn't leave.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:31 PM
That's Right, I Said It!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

[cL] is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't care anything at all about HTM. He was boring in the WWE and completely irrelevant now.
With that being said, as much as I'd love to see Hogan gather up whats left of his legend and finally just retire...and as much as I know that if he goes, Bischoff is going with him, the reality is the only way TNA is going to get better as a whole is if they get rid of Russo and get the company out of the hands of Dixie Carter.
The problem is, who do you replace Russo with? Paul Heyman? (my personal vote goes to Heyman. I've said it in a previous post, though his company went under, it was due to a lack of financing. With the Carters wallet in Heymans back pocket, I do believe that he can turn that company into a stellar success)
But the reality is, there's no way Dixie is going to get Heyman, because she's a mark for Russo. With that being the case, Hogan or no Hogan, nothings gonna change except for him being gone.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

I think it is extremely silly to suggest that TNA will fold within a year or two, with or without Hogan. While I am a consistent critic of TNA, even I have to admit that they are in no danger of going out of business, nor would I want them to. Their ratings are consistent, albeit low. They appear to be turning a profit, although I would expect it is likely marginal. Their product is frustrating, but certainly not to the point of being catastrophic.

I would expect little overall difference to TNA's on screen product if in fact Hogan and Bischoff leave, as their on screen appearances have been dwindling anyway. I would expect the main event of Bound For Glory in 2012 to be a marked improvement over this year, simply because Hogan won't be competing in it. Many of the numerous, and I do mean numerous, problems in TNA will still remain after the departure of Hogan. Low production values, the Impact Zone, prerecorded programming and the associated spoilers, convoluted Russo-esque story lines, and several other flaws, these will remain after Hogan and Bischoff go. So yes, in my opinion, TNA will get better upon the departure of the relics. However, this would be step one of a multi-step plan to make TNA a better product.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 PM

a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeven_Zion View Post
Explain how you got that notion. Are the ratings plummeting now? No. Is viewership plummeting? Nope, better than ever. They're going on the road more than any previous year. They just signed a bunch of International deals and got a huge sponsor in DirectAuto. The product is solid, the roster is amazing and the shows are getting better and better. So go ahead, tell me how you got to that conclusion. Or are you just flapping your gums for no reason?

And whether Hogan stays or leaves - just keep Bishoff. He's the one TNA needs. Hogan's valuable as well, despite common smarky belief. Hope he doesn't leave.

Ratings and viewership may not be plummeting but for the past 2-3 years TNA's rating have been the same with or without hogan. Their ppv buyrate is mediocre and that number drops every year. So nothing is really better than ever.

The product is NOT solid or consistence. You cannot say that when the booking is horrendous for the past year in terms of storyline, utilizing talents and match finishing etc.

Last edited by a member of wwe universe : 09-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 PM

Casban is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LODemolition View Post
Honestly I can see TNA folding within a year or two, and that was whether Hogan was still with them or not. I hope they do survive even though I'm not a fan, because they do have some talent on the roster and if the company collapses, I just don't see how the WWE would find room to give air time to the guys they sign without adding a 3rd weekly show.

I laugh my ass off when people make comments such as this one. TNA will fold. 1.6 million viewers in the USA. Second biggest Wrestling programme in the USA. now enough of America i am English and its well documented that Impact Wrestlings viewer number puts RAW & Smackdowns to shame. and we arnt the only country. do some research you will find there are many countrys where TNA is doing better than WWE.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 PM
\_0]
WWE Diva's Champion

Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...Cracka Jack is looking to come up from OCW...

I definitely think TNA will be better without Hogan and Bischoff, whenever their departure comes. Better, of course, in my opinion, but I feel the product will entertain me much more after they're gone. People bash Russo, myself included at times, but Impact's been a very well booked show before this new regime's arrival. Since they've come in, though, my enjoyment has dropped significantly. The Immoral angle has long run its course, the X-Division has only been given attention recently, the tag division's a wreck, and a lot of homegrown talent's been set on the backburner. Roode being an exception to this, which I desperately hope they follow through with, but seeing things like AJ feud with Daniels for 30th time isn't interesting. If Hogan and Bischoff leave TNA, I hope they return to being a company I look forward to seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
It's no secret that I yell "Whoa-oh!" when I ejaculate.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Is it even 100% that Hogan is leaving TNA? I thought his contract was up soon, and there has only been speculation that he will leave. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that it's just speculation. Has Hogan said somewhere that he's definitely leaving TNA?

It's hard to say if Bischoff will stay with TNA, if Hogan ends up leaving. I'm still not 100% on what Bischoff's role in TNA is -- is he just an on-screen character, or does he actually have some stroke backstage as well? If Bischoff does have backstage-stroke, then I think maybe he'll stay. It's a good-paying job, for a minimal amount of work. I'd stay with TNA, if I were him. Then again, who knows?

As far as whether or not TNA will be "better off" without Hogan, I can't say for sure. Hogan does eat up a lot of TV time, and has since his arrival at TNA. My hope is that if Hogan leaves, it will open the door for some of the younger guys to get more promo time. I don't think the company will suffer, or gain from a potential Hogan departure...rather, pretty much stay the same. The thing that's going to help TNA more than any one person (IE: Hogan, etc) is getting on the road more, like the WWE does. If they can do more touring and possibly start doing Impact live (at least every other week), I think that will increase TNA's viewership a LOT more than bringing in "big" names (such as Hogan).

Click for Spoiler:
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...

I think once Hogan and Bischoff are out of the picture, TNA won't lose too many fans. They didn't gain that many (if any) when they came in. But for there to be real change in TNA, they need to do two things: 1) get rid of Vince Russo and put together a solid creative team and 2) hire a great marketing manager. TNA's biggest problem is that the mainstream world barely knows that they exist.

I'm not a TNA mark, but for those who have been saying TNA will go belly-up in 1-2 years, just remember that people have been saying that since 2002 - and they're still here. What their real financial situation is depends on who you talk to.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 02:31 PM

donnelllangs is looking to come up from OCW...

Just to let you know, Tna was doing a 1.3 consistently with Booker T there and before Hogan was there. When Booker T left, Tna was still doing a solid 1.2. With Hogan there, the numbers are not consistent. So I say it only can get better if and when he leaves.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy

Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...

Is this good for TNA? It's probably neither here nor there, honestly. Hogan isn't as bad for business as everyone is saying that he is. He brings you attention that you never would have had, and that's always, or at least almost always, a great thing for a wrestling company. Now, do people misuse his abilities? Of course they do. Hogan is not a wrestling genius or even a wrestling intellectual, and I feel as though that's been proven countless time after countless time. Was the man a master in drawing crowds and over-hyping matches? Of course; that's how he helped to put 93,000(ish) people in the Pontiac Silverdome. But, should Hogan be allowed to have a say in anything? From what we've all read and heard from endless sources, it seems as though he shouldn't at all.

This isn't going to be good for TNA. Of the problems that people seem to have with the company, all but one of them are still going to exist. So, is this going to be disastrously bad for TNA? I don't think so, either. The only thing that will kill TNA is if Spike TV drops the show, and I haven't heard anything about that in awhile. TNA existed before Hogan, and it will exist after him. Maybe if ROH manages to take off under this new TV deal, which (though I absolutely hope it does,) seems unlikely, then we could see TNA take it on the chin. Other than that, TNA will continue just as it did before. Believe it or not, wrestling does not begin and end with Hogan or just any one star.
sendpm.gif