WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Dolph Ziggler, Son of a B*tch

Hey, I just caught Dolph Ziggler again this week on Zack Ryder's Ask The Heel segment on his Z! True Long Island Stories and he's fuckin' great at this. The shit he says and his delivery is as good as I've seen in a long time and the funny thing is he isn't the only person I've seen cut good promos on the show, Chris Masters, Darren Young and others have sounded worlds better than they do on WWE television not to mention Zack himself who may just wasting his time trying to make it in WWE and should try his hand at getting an actual show on tv. Why don't they just let these guys do their own thing and sink or swim on their own?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I Heart Shania Twain

Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree.

I loved it when he was ragging on his competition for the next PPV, expecially paying out Alex Riley:

"Riley can bring his whole year of experience"

He talks a bit fast though, sometimes I can't keep up with what he's talking about.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Deciding if I want to join WZCW.

Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi Orton View Post
doing some stupid internet show is nothing like performing in front of a huge crowd. zack ryder is not as good as everyone thinks he is.
You can't possibly know that. First of all because you've never performed in front of a huge crowd. Second of all because Zack Ryder hasn't been given a chance to prove you right. You can't throw this bullshit around without proof to back it up and there is literally nothing that says that if given a push Zack Ryder would choke.

On that same level, Dolph Ziggler is a star. I don't care what anybody says, the guy has it. Who else could have survived The Spirit Squad and come back completely retooled and win the Intercontinental, US, and (for a few minutes) World Titles? Nobody. Dolph Ziggler has had an uphill battle throughout his entire career. I wish they'd let him change his name to Nick instead of Dolph; even Nick Ziggler would be better than Dolph, but Nick Nemeth is a strong sounding name. I love ASK THE HEEL, Dolph's segment on Z!TLIS; he has a great, unique sense of humor that I'm assuming Vince McMahon just doesn't "get" so he doesn't give him mic time.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:33 PM

BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi Orton View Post
doing some stupid internet show is nothing like performing in front of a huge crowd. zack ryder is not as good as everyone thinks he is.
Well, the show is pretty good by today's standards of general entertainment which, I'll grant you, isn't saying a whole lot, his old man is especially funny. You may in fact be right about the live crowd aspect but just seeing Ziggler and others on the show, they seem to be a bit more at ease just talking and that's what they did back in the day. Austin said that one of the best things that Paul Heyman did for him was to tell him to "just start running your mouth" and the rest is history. Watching Ziggler, to me he seemed like a person I could get behind. I really think that Ryder should try his hand at other avenues, he seems to have a knack for comedy in general.

What I'm saying is that it's been noted that Morrison did well on The Dirt Sheet because, despite not just talking, he was saying his own words and knew how to deliver them making him seem better. Taking that example and whenever we see them scale back the scripting and letting the guys go on the mic, why don't they do more of this?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Thinking Of A New Name..
Knockout Champion

The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...

It's WWE's scripted promos that don't make them deliver good on TV. If the WWE would give them some time for a promo and let them be creative then I think they can easily get themselves over. And Ziggler is proving that right now with his "Ask The Heel" segment. He put down his competition way better than he could ever do in a WWE scripted promo. I'm sick of hearing everyone call Ziggler boring when all they do is watch his WWE promos. Hell, seeing the video comments everyone seems to be more behind Ziggler then they are behind Ryder. So I hope this all results in Ziggler getting himself over like Ryder did.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM

Pink Wolf is looking to come up from OCW...

I completely agree. WWE should the wrestlers be themselves instead of reading scripts. Ziggler is pretty funny. I love the "Ask the Heel" segment.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Zasickle is looking to come up from OCW...

I used to think Ziggler absolutely sucked on the mic and I dont think i was completely wrong. His in-ring work though won over my vote along time ago. He has made great progress on the mic and looks more comftorable. When he was commentating with cole lawler ross and vicky i thought he was really funny and I remember thinking "ok now hes got the whole package". Like everyone else has said he is extremely funny in the ask a heel segments and i look forward to seeing more of them. He knows what it takes to be a real dick heel and that can probably get him pretty dang far.
sendpm.gif