WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
K Bro 30 K Bro 30 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
K Bro 30 is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyjacket View Post
No dude. Punk is a rebel character scripted like a whinner, cause just like someone above said, they don't want to go all-in on him. they want the ppl who cheer cena to still boo punk.

now, you have hogan as your signature. anyone in this era who still marks out for hogan is clearly biased when looking at real modern talent.

you say punk can't drive a storyline and only does good mic work when allowed to shoot? Really? I could say that over the years, Triple H used the advantage of being above everyone to improve people's perception of his mic work by being allowed to bury people.

did you happen to watch the jeff hardy vs punk feud?
rey mysterio vs punk?
punk with a microphone mid royal rumble?
you tell me those promos weren't amazing?

their top babyface calls people "a human jar of mayonese" and writes "JBL is poopy" in their cars. No one in that company, not even the Rock is as good on the mic as Punk and Jericho. Those are the modern day standards when it comes to mic work.

Was the rock good? Yeah, but i mean, at the time, there was a real character, Stone Cold Steve Austin, who was actually the face of the company. Rock is a cartoon character. He came back exactly the same, he's a freaking nostalgia act. It's not like he couldn't have reinvented himself a little bit. His shtick is old and repetitive. And the way he talks borderline screaming. He's one dimensional.

Steve Austin,on the other hand, every time he comes back he does an amazing job. He has a real character, truly entertaining because it isn't constrained by pre-determined shenenigans.
I love how internet fans hate Hogan, when the fact is that he is the most successful wrestler ever. Just wanted to throw it out there that if not for Hogan, we probably don't have a WWE on this level to even discuss.

But to your point about how Punk and Jericho are the standards of "modern day" mic work...can we review for a second? The Rock and Stone Cold were the standards when Raw was receiving ratings in the 6-7+ range. Jericho and Punk are the standard for the 3.3 ratings? The problem with what appear to be your modern day standards is that those standards call for the business to regress. When Punk (or Cena/Orton/anyone else for that matter) can truly revolutionize the business like Hogan, Rock, or Austin did, then someone can say that they are truly better.

The bottom line is this, Hogan was a worldwide icon who was a part of both the 80's surge and Monday Night Wars. The Rock and Austin were the Attitude Era during that same time frame. For anyone to say Punk is better is clearly forgetting that wrestling is a business. When he can create new fans, I'll believe he is as great as people here make him out to be.
sendpm.gif
  #22  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 AM
RD_21 RD_21 is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 423
RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

To the TC lately it's the cool thing to do, 50% of the topic are either I don't like Cena, I like Cena, I don't like Punk, I like Punk. Whether you like Punk or not I couldn't care less and you shouldn't care that I like him either. To ME, he is the BEST in the business because he is the ONLY reason I am watching WWE.

I am not a train hoper either, I was watching ECW when he was there for christ sake. When he was doing the SES gimmick I was watching his segments on Smackdown all the time (I almost never watch Smackdown!) he was PURE GOLD on the mic. And don't even get me started on when he was on commentary, he was awesome. You guys are seeing him as a whiner and that's good for you, I am seeing him as a guy with no shackles that speak his mind.

Say what you want about him not being hold down, but when you lose your belt because someone ask you why you are not in a suit and you reply what about John Cena casually and that the so called locker room leader see that as you thinking that you are on the same level as Cena so they cry to management to get the title stripped from you, that's injustice.

You see, Cena doesn't appealed to me but I won't start thread about it, I will poip up in a thread or two to defend an op or give my opinion, but I don't have to like him and me not liking him doesn't prevent you from liking him.

For me, Punk is appealing to me, I relate to him and to me he is the most interesting thing in the business (on the mic and in the ring), but you don't have to think that way. I am not saying that you shouldn't not make this topic as you have every right to not like him. But I don't like when someone is trying to convince me that I am wrong because I like him or that I am some sort of small anormal minority.

Your post is coming off like you are holding the holy grail and that we are all wrong for liking him, you are seeing things that I don't see and it's ok. I don't mind him when he dishes the Rock because he is right, same for HHH. It's not disrespect, he is asked to say that.

To me it seems like you try to pass your opinions as fact, saying only minority likes him, that he is not good on the mic and that it's obvious and other things like that. You don't have to like him but don't try to tell me I am wrong for liking him, that's all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by K Bro 30 View Post
My problem with Punk is he is a whiner. Whether it's the CM Punk character or Phil Brooks himself, all he does is complain. Guys like Hogan, Cena, Rock, whoever he bitches about made it to superstardom. They did it without getting on a microphone and whining about how they and their friends were treated. Punk was a champion before his "shoot," and that shoot did nothing to advance the business. He almost proved that internet fans aren't truly relevant. His matches drew more excitement than before, but not more viewers. Just the people that were watching were more excited, I don't think any new people were watching.

He wants his own private jet whereas guys like Rock and Hogan earned that luxury by being icons. Shawn Michaels earned that luxury by being an icon. CM Punk was a multiple-time champion before, was never really over. Yet he's going to continue to wine even though he has 2 victories out of his and Cena's 3 recent matches. CM Punk is "the man" on the show, and Raw draws a 2.7. He is no sort of revolutionary in my opinion, he's just bitter that he and his friends are not as good as others.
By your logic, Cena is not a top man either he is failing to bring in new viewers...
sendpm.gif
  #23  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Skinsley's Avatar
Skinsley Skinsley is offline
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southport, England
Posts: 414
Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
Also, what about other people like Shelton Benjamin, MVP, or Mickie James who were doing well but got the axe, he doesn't take up for them.
MVP and Mickie James both left on their own accord, they were not given the axe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
Also, Go To Sleep is one of the worse finishers I've ever seen in my life especially if he does it on a true heavyweight.
Its origonal, and his real finisher Pepsi Plunge is ither too similar to HHH's pedigree or too dangerouse for WWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
Another thing I have is that he's not the greatest mic worker today, that honor went back to The Rock the moment he stepped back into the ring.
When did that happen? He has been and he is gonne again until he can be bothered. The Rock will return for a few months and then fuck off again. He no longer has the right to hold a title of the best "something" in the WWE. Because he is no longer in the WWE he is a Cameo appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
let's see what happens when The Rock gets in the ring and cuts a promo against him.
Once Rock is finished with Cena.... he most likely wont start making an Enemy in someone else in the WWE....that would give him an excuse to stick around a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
The last thing but most important that gets me is his blatant disrespect for the men that helped the company he works for defeat WCW in The Rock and HHH.
WWE bought out WCW and only gave contracts to a set few WCW stars....and then booked the storyline so that WWE would come out on top. They did not really "Defeat" WCW. Vince Russo balls'd up the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
He calls The Rock "Dwayne" like it's a slur, it's the man's given name and he's in a different line of work. What's wrong with wanting to be called by your name especially when they still call him Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson most of the time anyway?
The last few films such as "Fast5" and "Faster" which I have seen featuring the rock.....he is no longer refered too as Dwayne "the rock" Johnson....just Dwayne Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAlfonso View Post
I've said it before, The Rock is one of the top 3 reasons that the WWE exists today behind Austin and tied with Mr. McMahon.
The Rock is TIED with Vince Mcmahon for the reason WWE still exists today....are you retarded ?

All that being said. Your thread makes no sense whatsoever.....youve had a little rant full of bullshit and then decided to throw in a random barely related question to make the post legal. You need to understand that times have changed and CM Punks character is different from Austins.
CM punk cant go around interfearing in matches just to get himself noticed and in the main event like Austin did. Thats not his character.
CM Punk has a match with HHH at Night Of Champions and although it isnt title match its considered to be the main event because weather you love or hate the promos or want CM Punk to win or HHH to win, you still want to see the match or find out who wins and how.

What would it take for people to turn against him like they did Randy Orton. Thats simple, become the opposite of what he is fighting against and that is become Randy Orton or John Cena.

John Cena was popular until he became the face of the company, half the wrestling community split off and loved him and the other half split off and hate him.
Randy Orton was popular until he became Smackdowns sweetheart...well The Viper! and the same thing happened.
Now CMpunk has the same thing, the people that hate on Cena and Orton Love punk.....the majority of people that love Cena and Orton Hate Punk.
__________________

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
sendpm.gif
  #24  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
K Bro 30 K Bro 30 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 71
K Bro 30 is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default

I mean, he gets accused because only girls and kids like him, yet there weren't too many girls and kids watching the product when the PG-Era started. Cena brought in new viewers, but also cost the product many viewers. IMO, Cena's not a top level performer either, but he's the best the company has. I equate WWE right now to the 49ers in football. They have decent talent at a lot of positions, but they don't have a superstar in the position they need one. So as a result they're not going to be the worst product in the world, but they won't be as good as they once were.

I'd love to see wrestling back to huge ratings and being successful again. Punk and Cena both in their current directions will not do that.
sendpm.gif
  #25  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 AM
SimbaTGO SimbaTGO is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
SimbaTGO is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I think that CM Punk is doing great, and that his approach of change is necessary. What annoys me is that HHH is looking for cheap arguments to distract from constructive critics made by CM Punk.
HHH is acting as criticism is not wished in the WWE, he is acting as if CM Punk is whining etc. without realising the potential of CM Punk (kayfabe or not).

It is an insult to the wwe universe what HHH is doing, especially the try to distract from the intention of CM Punk.
sendpm.gif
  #26  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:54 AM
DERO1979 DERO1979 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
DERO1979 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I called it back in July. CM Punk DOESNT HAVE IT. I said he wouldn't even be a big draw a year from now and would be lucky to have a title match at 'Mania. He's already stale and it's been 2 months. I can't stand him. And by the looks of it, I'm not the only one. Anyone on this board that thinks CM Punk cuts better promos than The Rock cannot be older than the age of 14. It's night and day. The Rock didn't cut a boring promo from 1998 to 2004. He came back last February and everyone had a hard on....Someone said The Rock didn't re-package himself upon his return and he's the same nostalgia act. He doesn't need to repackage himself. He's the biggest star in the company and he shows up once every 4 months. It was the second highest selling Mania ever via PPV and all he did was HOST the show. Punk can't even get a rating above 3 on free TV. The shows are now built around him. The WWE will be awesome I'm sure from November thru Mania and it will be because of The Rock. CM PUNK CANNOT carry a show. Clearly, cannot. It's been 2 months and he's already fizzling out. I'm so tired of hearing about his goddamn ice cream bars. His big thing is telling guys like Nash that they were relevant 15 years ago. At least they were relevant. Seems to me that Punk has no respect for the past and I can't help but think that 90% of the stuff that comes out of his mouth, while in character, is how he really feels. He's just getting away with it by hiding behind the gimmick. He's a douche.
sendpm.gif
  #27  
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
BillAlfonso BillAlfonso is offline
Registered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 297
BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...BillAlfonso is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_knight View Post
Wow, hater much?
When you said that Punk isnt believable in the ring and cant kick a big guys ass proved how dumb you are. Hes a trained muai thai kick boxer. You understand what that is? Its REAL FIGHTING. Nothing on past wrestlers, but Punk's moveset is way more realistic than most there submissions and grapples. He will kick your f*cking head off.

Its soo idiotic to think that wrestlers who gym it every day and take steriods can kick more ass than a cut up, muai thai kickboxer named CM Punk.

You people probably havnt watched the UFC
Wow, dick rider much? See how easy it is to attack someone personally over the internet when you'll never meet each other to settle the insult, jackass?

Anyway, first of all, martial arts are over rated in actual street fights, why do you think Bruce Lee developed Jeet Kune Do. What if you boxed but the guy you fought grabbed you? What if you used Muai Thai but the guy you fought's style was the perfect counter? He pulled the best and most useful from all the other arts and combined them into his, he had great respect for every style just found them impractical.

Second, Punk is too small to legitimately defeat bigger stronger guys especially when he isn't as fast as HBK is. Why do you think the legit combat sports like MMA, boxing, and amateur wrestling have weight classes? Anderson Silva, for my money, is the best fighter in the world but I wouldn't throw him in the ring against Brock Lesnar or even Frank Mir, they'd kill him unless they got careless and he can score an early knock out. I know there are cases where you have Jericho beating Goldberg or Booker T beating Batista in actual scuffles in the back but Goldberg can't fight from the way Jericho described and Booker T had enough size on him to take on Batista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azane View Post
It's funny how people believe he's shooting

This is Vince Russo style "worked shoot" booking.
CM is reading a script, the kayfabe breaking he's doing is scripted to make you think he's being edgy and shattering it when in reality, he's just doing a wrestling promo.

Punk is super believable on the mic, everything he says sounds like it's from his heart, and you can tell he has a great passion for the company. He can be serious, comical, heel, face, tweener, all find and dandy. I like Y2J more on the mic, but I'd put punk in my top 5 or 10.

And I can't fault the man on his gimmick, all the Breaking Kayfabe angle isn't Punk's doing, it's the company, writers and execs.

The best way to evaluate a performer from the business perspective is drawing power. Do you think he draws money and puts butts in the seats? I definitely think there's people who pay to see Punk, in ring or on mic. I don't know how large that fanbase is or how much merchandise he pushes, but I think he could be the face of the company, but obviously Cena and Orton are ahead of him in that respect.


Not to mention CM Punk is popular now, time for the hipstercrites to tell us how bad Punk is because he's being shoved down our throats, like Cena and Orton, who were internet favorites before they got popular.
Yeah but wasn't there a report about their ratings just recently on this site about how much they suck? That's neither here nor there though since I never study their ratings during football season seeing as they have no choice but to be swept up under the NFL's power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giblet55 View Post
This isn't me being against Punk, but some of his current success has to be attributed to the diminishing pg era. I'm not saying it's going away completely, but John Cena and the Rock slowly began to bring back a little risk with foul language on air. Now, had we been in the heart of the pg era, you would have never seen Punk shoot, or McMahon refer to Punk by his real name, or Triple H and himself for that matter. You also would never hear the mention of released talent on air...The ability to be risky and being allowed to do so by the WWE has allowed Punk to be more captivating.

Hell, the mention of released talent surprised me, because that is something they never do. The lines of reality and television are blurred right now and that is what makes this situation so interesting...but...as time proves, as this thread proves, fans are desensitized and once they are used to something it's no longer entertaining. The long pg era allowed for this angle to be so interesting. Is this were the attitude era, it would have been lost in the shuffle.

One thing though, I think Punk's point when most of you call him a whiny bitch, is that he had to scrape and claw to achieve any amount of success when others have just been handed it and others get released when they have the potential to help the company. He mentioned how he went from main eventing a show to a dark match the next night in an interview and how the WWE does a lot of start stop situations. This week they like dolph ziggler so he gets pushed, next week they don't, so they push R-Truth, then they change their mind again and bring out Morrison. I think he, in reality, just wants consistency and people that deserve chances, to have them. He's said more than once in an interview that he feels responsible for those who can't say what he does, and that he has a job to do in protecting them in a sense(he said something to this affect, I can't remember his exact words).

So I don't really see him as a whiny bitch, maybe a bit on air in the heel sense, but it seems in reality he wants wrestling back, real talent, chances people deserve, consistency, and story lines and story telling that makes sense.
HHH said something to that effect in an interview, the reason that a lot of this is so big is that they've scaled everything back in the recent years. He wasn't trying to bury the angle from the sense I got just stating his opinion. He was like everyone is making a big deal that he said "ass" but they said it every other word ten years ago.

The reason he comes off as whiny is that he doesn't really do anything about it, I pointed out that the similarities between he and Austin end because Austin did more about his situation, he fucked with people until they gave him chance. Punk just says xyz and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_21 View Post
To the TC lately it's the cool thing to do, 50% of the topic are either I don't like Cena, I like Cena, I don't like Punk, I like Punk. Whether you like Punk or not I couldn't care less and you shouldn't care that I like him either. To ME, he is the BEST in the business because he is the ONLY reason I am watching WWE.

I am not a train hoper either, I was watching ECW when he was there for christ sake. When he was doing the SES gimmick I was watching his segments on Smackdown all the time (I almost never watch Smackdown!) he was PURE GOLD on the mic. And don't even get me started on when he was on commentary, he was awesome. You guys are seeing him as a whiner and that's good for you, I am seeing him as a guy with no shackles that speak his mind.

Say what you want about him not being hold down, but when you lose your belt because someone ask you why you are not in a suit and you reply what about John Cena casually and that the so called locker room leader see that as you thinking that you are on the same level as Cena so they cry to management to get the title stripped from you, that's injustice.

You see, Cena doesn't appealed to me but I won't start thread about it, I will poip up in a thread or two to defend an op or give my opinion, but I don't have to like him and me not liking him doesn't prevent you from liking him.

For me, Punk is appealing to me, I relate to him and to me he is the most interesting thing in the business (on the mic and in the ring), but you don't have to think that way. I am not saying that you shouldn't not make this topic as you have every right to not like him. But I don't like when someone is trying to convince me that I am wrong because I like him or that I am some sort of small anormal minority.

Your post is coming off like you are holding the holy grail and that we are all wrong for liking him, you are seeing things that I don't see and it's ok. I don't mind him when he dishes the Rock because he is right, same for HHH. It's not disrespect, he is asked to say that.

To me it seems like you try to pass your opinions as fact, saying only minority likes him, that he is not good on the mic and that it's obvious and other things like that. You don't have to like him but don't try to tell me I am wrong for liking him, that's all.




By your logic, Cena is not a top man either he is failing to bring in new viewers...
First, I said that I was on Punk's side during the situation with The Undertaker because I hate shit like that myself but he should've been smarter about it. Fuck the business, Mark Calaway the man has been in the company a lot longer than Phillip Brooks and has been one of the flagships for 20 years, he's been there through the Hogan era with Hogan/Savage/Warrior, The New Generation with Bret/HBK/Diesel, The Attitude Era with Austin/The Rock/Foley and today. How hard was it to just tell The Undertaker what he wanted to hear and just do what you wanted anyway? I do it all the time and what did The Undertaker tell him? Dress more appropriately at official events on the business side because you represent the company now, that's it. Do we see how Cena dresses at those events since Punk said that Cena doesn't have to?

Second, I'm stating my opinion, no one said fact. Most of this forum is a motherfucker stating their opinions, why is it that I'm saying something against what most of the people here think that it becomes an issue. I don't mind the guys coming in to argue for Punk, but get real.

Third, read what I write before you respond. I never said he wasn't good on the mic, I said isn't that good. He's better than most today but The Rock will fuck him up if they get to cutting promos together. Just look at how HHH was at least able to stand toe to toe and he was probably the weakest of the Attitude Era's top guys promo-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsley View Post
MVP and Mickie James both left on their own accord, they were not given the axe.


Its origonal, and his real finisher Pepsi Plunge is ither too similar to HHH's pedigree or too dangerouse for WWE


When did that happen? He has been and he is gonne again until he can be bothered. The Rock will return for a few months and then fuck off again. He no longer has the right to hold a title of the best "something" in the WWE. Because he is no longer in the WWE he is a Cameo appearance.


Once Rock is finished with Cena.... he most likely wont start making an Enemy in someone else in the WWE....that would give him an excuse to stick around a bit longer.


WWE bought out WCW and only gave contracts to a set few WCW stars....and then booked the storyline so that WWE would come out on top. They did not really "Defeat" WCW. Vince Russo balls'd up the ratings.


The last few films such as "Fast5" and "Faster" which I have seen featuring the rock.....he is no longer refered too as Dwayne "the rock" Johnson....just Dwayne Johnson


The Rock is TIED with Vince Mcmahon for the reason WWE still exists today....are you retarded ?

All that being said. Your thread makes no sense whatsoever.....youve had a little rant full of bullshit and then decided to throw in a random barely related question to make the post legal. You need to understand that times have changed and CM Punks character is different from Austins.
CM punk cant go around interfearing in matches just to get himself noticed and in the main event like Austin did. Thats not his character.
CM Punk has a match with HHH at Night Of Champions and although it isnt title match its considered to be the main event because weather you love or hate the promos or want CM Punk to win or HHH to win, you still want to see the match or find out who wins and how.

What would it take for people to turn against him like they did Randy Orton. Thats simple, become the opposite of what he is fighting against and that is become Randy Orton or John Cena.

John Cena was popular until he became the face of the company, half the wrestling community split off and loved him and the other half split off and hate him.
Randy Orton was popular until he became Smackdowns sweetheart...well The Viper! and the same thing happened.
Now CMpunk has the same thing, the people that hate on Cena and Orton Love punk.....the majority of people that love Cena and Orton Hate Punk.
First, I already admitted I fucked up on the MVP point.

Second, I'd love for him to use the Anaconda Vise as his actual finisher, the GTS just looks bad to me especially since he's too small to do it believably against a heavyweight and make it look good.

Third, the moment The Rock stepped into the ring, I said that when I first said that. Also, he's gone because he's doing his day job, he's not a full time performer.

Fourth, you can't believe that The Rock won't address Punk when he comes back. Even for a second.

Fifth, Vince bought WCW because the then WWF defeated them in the ratings. Add the inner turmoil of their parent company, AOL Time Warner, to the reduced value and Vince was able to swoop in for $6 Million I believe it was.

My rant's full of bullshit like his aren't, at least I'm not passing it off as I'm doing something of substance to be praised for. Most rants are full of bullshit and I wasn't ranting, I was stating an opinion. If you didn't like it, you didn't have to respond, shocking, I know. Also, thank you for proving my point on how fickle the internet crowd really is, at least Cena's fans are loyal to the man.

Shit, I forgot, The Rock is tied with the Mr. McMahon character because both characters were tied to Austin's. Austin was the centerpiece at his height, Mr. McMahon gave Austin something to do in rebelling against him and The Rock gave him a rival to fight. The Rock didn't surpass Austin until the millenium hit and Austin started to get pissy and "took his ball and went home" leave The Rock to carry the company. Hm, Austin walked out on his contract twice and refused to put a guy like Brock Lesnar over when The Rock didn't leave until his contract was over and put over tons of guys that squandered it later. How come no one talks about that?
__________________
It has happened! I watched it happen! I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!

Last edited by BillAlfonso : 09-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
sendpm.gif
  #28  
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
dman1373 dman1373 is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 664
dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERO1979 View Post
I called it back in July. CM Punk DOESNT HAVE IT. I said he wouldn't even be a big draw a year from now and would be lucky to have a title match at 'Mania. He's already stale and it's been 2 months. I can't stand him. And by the looks of it, I'm not the only one. Anyone on this board that thinks CM Punk cuts better promos than The Rock cannot be older than the age of 14. It's night and day. The Rock didn't cut a boring promo from 1998 to 2004. He came back last February and everyone had a hard on....Someone said The Rock didn't re-package himself upon his return and he's the same nostalgia act. He doesn't need to repackage himself. He's the biggest star in the company and he shows up once every 4 months. It was the second highest selling Mania ever via PPV and all he did was HOST the show. Punk can't even get a rating above 3 on free TV. The shows are now built around him. The WWE will be awesome I'm sure from November thru Mania and it will be because of The Rock. CM PUNK CANNOT carry a show. Clearly, cannot. It's been 2 months and he's already fizzling out. I'm so tired of hearing about his goddamn ice cream bars. His big thing is telling guys like Nash that they were relevant 15 years ago. At least they were relevant. Seems to me that Punk has no respect for the past and I can't help but think that 90% of the stuff that comes out of his mouth, while in character, is how he really feels. He's just getting away with it by hiding behind the gimmick. He's a douche.
It looks like someone is mad because cm punk called the rock out for what he is. He's a phony. Everyone heard him say "i'm home", and he made everyone think he was coming back and he didn't. And you talk about ratings, sure the rock came back and ratings bumped up maybe .3, but then they fell after the people saw him and said ok that was nice. Thats one show or two that he gave a little bump, after that he might as well be santino. And then you talk about his great wrestlemania draw. Thats bullshit. If anyone deserves credit for it then its snooki. I beleive that the rock has never drawn over a million before, so why would he be able to here without wrestling, because he didn't, snooki did it.


Then you talk about cm punk not being as good as the rock on the mic. Thats bullshit. All the rock does is say where hes going to shove something. He never has been able to progress a storyline with his mic work. Thats why he has always needed someone else to carry the storyline for him. And this is coming from a 19 year old, who has been watching since before anyone knew of rocky maivia.

And while your worried about the past, and basically saying "oh the brash young punk needs to stop talking about legends like their trash" (i've heard others say it), your not looking at the future. Cm Punk realy has made Vince and the rest of the wwe look at their product and try to change it. Since Punk has made that speech at the top of the stage, the wwe has been a million times better. They have had better matches, better fueds, the tag team, divas, and intecontinental divisions are starting to get healthier. They put zack ryder on tv. They have had two great ppv's. People just always find something to complain about.

Like oh the ratings aren't up. Well MITB sold 20% more this year. CM punk is acting like he is the best in the world. Well he pretty much is. Or why isn't punk fighting for the wwe title. Because he is fighting the coo which is bigger than fighting for the wwe title.
sendpm.gif
  #29  
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
sharu7 sharu7 is offline
Future Endeavored
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 64
sharu7 sold outsharu7 sold out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1373 View Post
It looks like someone is mad because cm punk called the rock out for what he is. He's a phony. Everyone heard him say "i'm home", and he made everyone think he was coming back and he didn't. And you talk about ratings, sure the rock came back and ratings bumped up maybe .3, but then they fell after the people saw him and said ok that was nice. Thats one show or two that he gave a little bump, after that he might as well be santino. And then you talk about his great wrestlemania draw. Thats bullshit. If anyone deserves credit for it then its snooki. I beleive that the rock has never drawn over a million before, so why would he be able to here without wrestling, because he didn't, snooki did it.


Then you talk about cm punk not being as good as the rock on the mic. Thats bullshit. All the rock does is say where hes going to shove something. He never has been able to progress a storyline with his mic work. Thats why he has always needed someone else to carry the storyline for him. And this is coming from a 19 year old, who has been watching since before anyone knew of rocky maivia.

And while your worried about the past, and basically saying "oh the brash young punk needs to stop talking about legends like their trash" (i've heard others say it), your not looking at the future. Cm Punk realy has made Vince and the rest of the wwe look at their product and try to change it. Since Punk has made that speech at the top of the stage, the wwe has been a million times better. They have had better matches, better fueds, the tag team, divas, and intecontinental divisions are starting to get healthier. They put zack ryder on tv. They have had two great ppv's. People just always find something to complain about.

Like oh the ratings aren't up. Well MITB sold 20% more this year. CM punk is acting like he is the best in the world. Well he pretty much is. Or why isn't punk fighting for the wwe title. Because he is fighting the coo which is bigger than fighting for the wwe title.
The fuck...? You dumbass why the fuck would millions of people pay $60-$70 to see a 4 foot person in a WRESTLING ring?

Your really retarded for thinking that, and makes me wonder whether you really are a '19 year old'...If you are then you have a brain of a 10 year old..

Take all the credit away from The Rock, and then just say 'Snooki did it'...Once again you dumbfuck, they can already see her on free tv so why the fuck would they pay so much for the same person?

And since your brain is so fucked up by masterbating to Snooki, The Rock did draw a million buys in WM 17.....Along with Austin.
You are one retarded fuck.

Last edited by sharu7 : 09-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.
  #30  
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
wushady's Avatar
wushady wushady is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: tampa,fl
Age: 39
Posts: 708
wushady is looking to come up from OCW...wushady is looking to come up from OCW...wushady is looking to come up from OCW...wushady is looking to come up from OCW...wushady is looking to come up from OCW...wushady is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

In my opinion CM Punk is the best thing going for the WWE right now. Sure his shoot promos are worked shoots any fan with a half a brain knows that. Even still the fact that he's saying things that until now have been taboo. Is something new and exciting and beats the hell out of the same boring promos that we've been used to. I'm very intrigued to see how they go with his current gimmick and storyline with HHH. They way it looks now is that they are setting up a HHH heel turn and a full Punk anti hero face turn. In an updated McMahon Austin boss vs employee feud. Many feel WWE will never let Punk become a huge star. They may be right but HHH doesn't work angles and matches very often anymore. So they must see more in him than most people think, plus how many people have beat Cena in two straight PPV matches.

To touch on a few thing the OP said The Rock was the greatest wrestler on the mic ever and probably would be again. However he's not an active member of the WWE he's only made a handful of appearances in the last year. Once Wrestlemania 28 is over he may be gone for good or another 7 years. He's not really disrespecting any legend that came before him that's just his gimmick. I didn't find it disrespectful when he came out wearing a SCSA shirt. I damn sure respected the hell out of him for wearing trunks as a tribute to Randy Savage right after he passed away no one else did anything close to that.
__________________

*Thanks to my lovely wife (wulady) for the sig*
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices