WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-10-2011, 11:22 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Brahma Bull is looking to come up from OCW...Brahma Bull is looking to come up from OCW...Brahma Bull is looking to come up from OCW...

You know why. The wwe guys draw, the originals dont. easy as that. Hardy was one of the biggest draws for the wwe before he left, angle is one of wwe's best and a freaking gold medalist, anderson (while he never held the big one) was one of the most charasmatic guys in the wwe. These 3 are the biggest names in tna (besides sting of course) of course they are going to be feuding for the belt. The only guy who could be champ is aj styles, but that is only because tna fans love that he is one of theirs. If he went to the wwe, he would be around the same level as kofi. Samoa Joe has been a joke for awhile now, and he is just annoying now. And seriously people, enough with the roode love. They have tried 3 times to make him a main eventer. First with trying to find who his manager would be, then winning against a returning face jarrett, and finally beating an almost debuting booker t. The guy just cant get over on his own, but that is not a bad thing. Bear money is one of the best tag teams ever, and they dont need to be broken up. If they build up a legit guy then maybe, but until then it will just be the wwe "rejects."

Thanks to Red Skull for the awesome sig!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's drawing ability.

Being in the WWE, means more people know you. More people knowing you, means more people watch when you're on. AJ Styles is not a draw. Christopher Daniels is not a draw.

They should mix it together more. Styles vs Angle. That lets people know that Styles is on Angle's level. However, never have a pure TNA vs TNA title feud because then less people care about it and it just looks like the Texas League Championship.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:50 PM
EXTERMINAAAATE!!!

Dalek Rising is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe because almost every wrestler except for a handful, has been in the WWE at one point. Even AJ Styles. Who are the TNA originals? Beer Money (tag team), MCMG (tag team), Mexican America (tag team), Eric Young (TV champ), Sting (already has been champ this year), Abyss, Crimson, Kaz, Gunner, Murphy, Daniels, Rob Terry, Samoa Joe. Abyss and Samoa Joe are past champions. Gunner, Murphy, Daniels, and Terry are not champion material. That leaves Kaz and Crimson. So that's 2 guys that are TNA originals that have not been in the WWE (to my knowledge) and are somewhat championship material. Now, can you build the show around them? Probably not. You can with Hardy, Sting, Anderson, and Angle, hence, why they've been TNA world champions this year.
"We are entombed but,we live on.This is only the beginning.We'll prepare.We will grow stronger.When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power in the UNIVERSE!"
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...Foshinzo is looking to come up from OCW...

Hate to jump on this bandwagon, but Sting might as well just be an old WWE guy. I mean, his best times were against other big WWE guys in other promotions. It seems to me like ever since 1996 his whole career has been based around fighting guys who made it big in WWE. He battled some others along the way and especially at the end of WCW, but Sting might as well just be an old WWE guy. WWE is all that remains from that era, having also absorbed all the tapes and records of ECW and WCW, so it's kind of like that legacy has become one with WWE.

Sting will more than likely never wrestle in the WWE, but when they come calling to give him a spot in the HOF, he'll probably take it. I could also see Flair inducting him, or something like that.

With that being said, it's just a flaw in TNA's philosophy. It's easier to sell the name of someone when it's already been made notable in other companies. I completely agree that this is a big problem for TNA. It really does just make you look minor league and almost like you openly admit you're the minor league. "Oh, we book their wash-ups as our champion because it's easier than actually booking good stories to build up our homegrown guys." One thing people kill WWE on is that they never book stars who made it big in other places immediately to the top, mostly because people say it ruined the Invasion. Yes, that was a large problem with the Invasion and they lost a lot of money because of it, but other times Vince knew exactly what he was doing. Instead of telling great stories and giving us immediate dream match satisfaction, he focuses on image; these guys can't hang with our guys. It's so annoying to fans and they do lose money on it, but it helps in the long run because that star can always build their way back up to the top and it makes WWE look like their better than wherever that star came from. Why watch WCW when their guys can't beat WWF's guys? TNA should probably do this more often, I think. Maybe if AJ had whooped Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson when they first came in, it would have made AJ look major league and bad ass. This is of course just my opinion, but I think for a fledgling company like TNA, they need all the positive image they can get.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

WWE gets ratings around 3.0

TNA gets ratings around 1.0

So, maybe if you take a WWE wrestler and make him your TNA champion, the ratings will go up? That's the thought that goes through TNA's mind every single time they acquire a WWE drop-out. It's not that they have no faith in their own stars. They've pushed AJ Styles and Samoa Joe to the moon and back! But WWE wrestlers have a larger audience and their name means more. AJ is the best wrestler on the planet currently in his prime, but when your ratings are around 1.0 or lower on a weekly basis, that's not doing much for you.

If it were up to me, they'd stop hiring ex-WWE talents and work with what they have. But it's not. No matter how many things they try the ratings aren't going anywhere. But it doesn't matter. They're still going to try the same thing over and over again.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

xxxdaniel_ariesxxx is looking to come up from OCW...xxxdaniel_ariesxxx is looking to come up from OCW...

Its not just this last year. ever since TNA was founded in June of 2002 (as NWA: TNA) look at who all has been their World Champions;

NWA World Championship Era:
Ken Shamrock
Ron "The Truth" Killings
Jeff Jarrett
AJ Styles
Raven
Rhino
Sting
Abyss
Christian Cage

TNA World Championship Era:
Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
Mick Foley
Rob Van Dam
Jeff Hardy
Mr. Anderson

and out of 15 different people to hold the title only 3 hadn't previously been stars in WWE or WCW (okay, 3.5, because honestly all Truth had been in WWE before that was K-Kwick, the Road Dogg's lacky, yet they STILL tried to play off that little sliver of "fame" by calling him K-Krush when TNA first started).

and I can't imagine TNA being any worse off if they based their product around homegrown talent while just bringing in big names for the sole purpose of putting over that talent. when TNA first got on Spike who were their top stars? Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels and Americas Most Wanted (Chris Harris and James Storm).

And what did they do? instead of growing those stars into their own superstars they started bringing in guys who either hadn't been relevant in eight years or wanted a break from the WWE schedule. did their ratings suddenly make a huge, sustained improvement? nope. did their PPVs start getting more buys that continued to grow? nope. having big names in the top spots doesn't mean shit if the storylines suck. end of story.

And its really sad that 3 of the last 4 champions had been nothing but a lacky for a 58 year old man who can barley walk.
And Straight Edge means that I'm... Better. Than. You.
xXx
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 03:17 AM

mdj2010 is looking to come up from OCW...

To be honest, I think the heavyweight title angles they have run have indicated their lack of confidence in their own angles. All of them are rehashes of angkles run before and hoping to capture the nostalgia of the wrestling fans. The angles put ou by TNA are given such little support and ussually turned into a confusing mess within a month. I still watch TNA, but have found it painful for a good two years now. I wish I could say I knew what the solution is for the company, but you can't blame them for utilising star names when they clearly lack the confidence and time to push their own guys into that top spot.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:19 AM

cmpunk4lyfe is looking to come up from OCW...

So are we forgetting that aj styles is a tna original and he had the strap???
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 04:45 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Does TNA not have all that much faith in original, homegrown stars being the TNA World Heavyweight Champion? From an overall perspective, I think the answer is yes. I think it's an indicator that TNA isn't really all that comfortable with their own ability to create legit main event level stars on a regular basis. That doesn't mean that they've not got talent on their roster that's not capable of doing the job, however.

I can understand the idea of signing/using so many well known wrestlers to have been big stars in WCW & WWE, at least for so long until you've really gotten your company build up and it's name put out there. For me, however, that time has long since passed by. When it comes to the notion that the WWE/WCW guys are a bigger draw, I don't think that's true anymore. It's a belief/hypothesis that seems sound when you look at it but it's just not how it actually is.

Since 2007, TNA has been consistently drawing in the low 1s as far as ratings go and that hasn't changed even with all the huge, marquee stars that they've signed to their roster from then up until now. Even with the addition of legends like Hulk Hogan & Sting or more modern superstars like Kurt Angle & RVD, there's been no change in the numbers that TNA draws on television, at live events or, allegedly, ppv buys. Oh sure, TNA will pop a rating now and then that will put them up into the upper 1.2s or 1.3 area but it never lasts. TNA would be drawing the same numbers with a far less expensive roster, less former WWE and/or WCW wrestlers and homegrown talent in the main event picture. I've seen nothing whatsoever that would really suggest otherwise. TNA took the title off of AJ Styles and put it on RVD but the numbers didn't go anywhere. There wasn't this upsurge in viewership or house shows, nor did it happen when they put the title on Anderson, Hardy or back on Sting & Angle.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM

MizFitAwesome is a member of the JOB SQUAD

So by definition TNA is a virus, they take something when it is good, consume it and then lower it when it is no longer of use.
All TNA Originals should seek employment elsewhere because they will always be nothing but the support cast for when the next new 'Flavor of the Month'. gets signed.
What's sad is you have a convicted drug trafficker getting ready to come back and get airtime at the expense of the people that loyally supported the company from the beginning. Despite what the marks say, no one would be happy if they put so many years in their job, only to be instantly demoted because the company they work for hired a person with less ability and put that person above them...
sendpm.gif