WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm trailer park trash.
WWE Diva's Champion

trashboy is looking to come up from OCW...

You lost me when you called The Miz a talented wrestler.. I find Miz boring in the ring and boring on the mic.. but I will say, The Miz will be like Chris Jericho.. one minute he can be in the main event and the other he can be in the midcard.. doesn't hurt him one bit.. in my own opinion, i think Miz is a midcarder for life but WWE decided he needed the belt and main event.. but oh well, it's done.. I'm sure after this conspiracy thing ends, he will probably jump back to the main event again.. i'd rather he get released, and we never see him again.. but hey, that's just me
Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 PM

gamma2008 is looking to come up from OCW...

You can't have 5 guys in the main event picture at once, not with a real storyline. Right now its about Cena and Del Rio, but Miz will pop back up soon. He's gotta share the spotlight among the heels. I think the tag match at NoC will actually be very good.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 AM
That's Right, I Said It!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

[cL] is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashboy View Post
You lost me when you called The Miz a talented wrestler.. I find Miz boring in the ring and boring on the mic.. but I will say, The Miz will be like Chris Jericho.. one minute he can be in the main event and the other he can be in the midcard.. doesn't hurt him one bit.. in my own opinion, i think Miz is a midcarder for life but WWE decided he needed the belt and main event.. but oh well, it's done.. I'm sure after this conspiracy thing ends, he will probably jump back to the main event again.. i'd rather he get released, and we never see him again.. but hey, that's just me
Can't even tell you how much I agree with this.
Though i think he's gotten a lot better in the ring and on the mic than he was when he had the title, I still find him an utter bore and I'd much rather watch paint dry. But he and Jomo as a tag team were at least entertaining...they reminded me of a less talented new age outlaws. Miz being Road Dogg. If he along with truth can help the tag division then great. But I'd rather not see him in the ME picture...Ever again.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 AM

arcticfox04 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Miz is fighting for the title in the next PPV. He hasn't fallen anywhere. I have a feeling he could be in a Johny Ace / Pro-McMahon stable after NoC. He's gold on the Mic with R-Truth atm and needs a title that's not midcard.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 02:47 AM

FearMyBeard is looking to come up from OCW...

Let me give the people who says the Miz has fallen from grace a LEGIT example of someone who has fallen from grace: DREW MCINTYRE.

Drew back in 2009 was being built up slowly to be a star in the company. He was given the midcard title and came out victorious in bouts against John Morrison, Matt Hardy among others. At a glance, that seems to be a man poised for a feud(Not necessarily winning but at least being involved with) with a main title on the line. Now where exactly is Drew? He's rarely used, rarely seen on TV. That's a fall from grace.

Miz's current status can't be considered a fall from grace because the WWE still uses him and puts him in RELEVANT programs. He's not getting buried, on the contrary, he's being further DEVELOPED as a future big star WITHOUT involving the MAIN CHAMPIONSHIP of RAW and the WWE's TOP STAR, JOHN CENA.
He's given something relevant to do so that when the time comes that he re-enters the title picture, it won't be seen as total ass-pull coming from nowhere because here's a man who has been given exposure and credibility without being involved in a high profile program at the main event scene.

Another thing, Miz is already someone who has decent credibility overall. He was used to make Alex Riley credible and relevant(Alex did but after his program with the Miz, he got lost in the shuffle) and right now, this is also WWE's way of making the Tag Team division relevant and credible and also making the team Air Boom credible by having someone like Miz, who elicits the crowd's interest with his character, feud with them for the tag titles.

WWE knows that the Miz is a future star of the company. The guy is entertaining on the mic, he's improved his ring-work and overall a better performer all-around compared to 3 or 4 years ago(this is coming from a guy who doesn't like Miz but respects what he has achieved). One doesn't always have to be in the title picture, especially a heel to be seen as legit. If ever the WWE decides to treat Miz like how they're treating Drew McIntyre, then that's the time to make a thread like this but seeing as he's not, then there's really no reason to call this as a "fall from grace".

Last edited by FearMyBeard : 09-09-2011 at 02:54 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Miz hasn't really had a fall from grace. He's still super over. He's being booked in a way where he is treading water while Cena makes some more guys. Miz is over enough and has the credability of working with Cena now so he elevates any other feud he's in.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Miz has not had a fall. He is still one of Raw's top guys. The conspiracy angle led to him tag teaming with Truth. This will elevate Truth and the tag team division as well. I don't like Miz but am able to respect his improvement. He will probably be champion again. Now, like others have said, Drew has fallen because he went from The Chosen One to The Missing One. Miz is still being pushed hard. He has not fallen whatsoever and will be fine.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Sin Jackal is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the problem with Miz is that he got pushed way too fast. Miz right now is where he should have been "6 months ago", and "6 months ago" is where Miz should be right now. I don't think any of you have forgotten the crickets chirping during Miz's wrestlemania match any time Miz went on the offensive. Even the Cena boobirds didn't boo Cena very much at all during the match because they were annoyed with the Miz's premature huge push and would even rather see Cena win again than see Miz continue to be champion.

Lately, the Miz has become bearable to me once he's teamed up with R Truth. Rather than continuously just talk about himself, he talks about other people a lot which is much more entertaining. Normally I like every heel, but Miz was just god awful annoying before recently. Anyway, that's just my opinion on him obviously.

I don't think The Miz is getting buried right now. He's still being utilized during the mid card on Raw. The mid card on Raw isn't the same as the mid card on Smackdown. . .Raw is a much more interesting show, and a lot more effort is put into the entire deal. Which is unlike Smackdown, which has 2-3 decent segments, then basically a bunch of borderline minor league dudes having matches in between to fill air time. Oh, and 3-4 commercial breaks during every main event. -_-

Miz and R Truth's rap segment on Raw a couple weeks ago was one of the funniest Raw moments in a long time. The two work well together on the mic, and I think there's a chance they will defeat Air Boom for the titles and be used to push the tag team division back into prominence. Once that's done, they might split up and have Miz go for the world title again while perhaps R Truth goes for the Intercontinental title to spice up that branch too.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Wise Guy
Knockout Champion

RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...RicoLen is looking to come up from OCW...

I was thinking about this for a while. I kinda think this putting Miz into a tag team is the first step towards turning The Miz face. Sooner or later, we all know The Miz & R-Truth are going to have a falling out. They could just shake hands and part ways, but not likely, they'll fight, and it could be that they'll start arguing and it'll escalate into a physical confrontation, but I think since R-Truth really just barely turned heel, he'll probably betray The Miz, Miz will turn face, they'll feud, and then The Miz will go on to feud for the WWE Championship as a face.

The Miz is just biding his time, and I think his time is coming soonish. Perhaps shortly after WM28. That's my guess at least. But I certainly don't think The Miz is falling in clout at all.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_PUNK1995 View Post
Hey Guys, Once again the WWE have given another talented wrestler the proverbial boot. This time it's The Miz, 6 months ago he was headlining the main event of Wrestlemania as WWE champion and won. But where is he know? Back in the midcard and back as a tag team competitor.

After he won at Wrestlemania I thought finally he might become a regular main eventer. But then what happened? He lost the WWE to no-other than John Cena, and this was followed up by a loss to Alex Riley at Capitol Punishment. Just as I thought he was going to regularly main event PPV'S he gets pushed but down into the midcard.

And then after he finally made it as singles competitor they shove him right back into the tag team division. Why would wwe do this considering The Miz's push was near perfect.

So guys I want you to answer this:

* Why would the WWE give The Miz such a big push which was actually succesful, and then bring him back down to a midcarder and then eventually back into a tag team?
1.) The tag team division is not the bottom of the WWE barrel. Some of the greatest stars of all time were Tag Team stars WAY before they become a household name in sports entertainment, and a lot of them would revisit that division when there wasn't enough room in the "main event"

2.) He's been given the boot? If by boot you mean he's been given a change to work with somebody else they think has potential and are trying to raise to the top, than sure. Chris Masters was given the boot. Koslov was given the boot. The Miz isn't the WWE Champion and is working his way back there. There's kind of a Grand Canyon between those two positions.

3.) You need to get past this idea that main eventers are John Cena and whoever is holding or challenging for the WWE title. I could name a dozen guys that are definite main eventers that spent MOST of their careers completely away from the WWE title! I guess by very definition of the words "main event" than yeah, whoever is the final, most talked about match of the card is the "main eventer" of that show. But we all know that's not what's going on here.

Ok, enough with the numbering system... The Miz is a huge star in the WWE. Months ago he WAS main eventing WrestleMania as the WWE Champion, even beating John Cena in that lackluster MAIN EVENT match. Then came Alberto del Rio and CM Punk. Clearly mommy never taught you that sharing is good, because every once in awhile somebody needs to be taken out of the title picture so somebody else has a shot. It's what keeps things fresh. If the Miz was still champion I guarantee you'd be whining about that right now. He is still doing more PR work and extra-curricular activity than anybody besides John Cena and Randy Orton. His place in the company is secure and they trust him with the WWE title and the name of Monday Night Raw. He hasn't gone ANYWHERE. If anything you can see how much they trust him because they let Alex Riley go over him. They used him to make somebody else credible and protect the future of the company. And now he's with R-truth, who is great talent but isn't going anywhere on his own. So don't tell me that he's a mid-card star all the sudden because they're forcing him back into the tag division. In my opinion it would be an HONOR for him to hold those belts one more time, and he'll make everyone else look good in the process.

Everyone wants THEIR GUY to be number one all the time. Well, unless your guy is John Cena that's really not going to happen.
sendpm.gif