WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
CM_PUNK1995

CM_PUNK1995 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Miz - Fall From Grace

Hey Guys, Once again the WWE have given another talented wrestler the proverbial boot. This time it's The Miz, 6 months ago he was headlining the main event of Wrestlemania as WWE champion and won. But where is he know? Back in the midcard and back as a tag team competitor.

After he won at Wrestlemania I thought finally he might become a regular main eventer. But then what happened? He lost the WWE to no-other than John Cena, and this was followed up by a loss to Alex Riley at Capitol Punishment. Just as I thought he was going to regularly main event PPV'S he gets pushed but down into the midcard.

And then after he finally made it as singles competitor they shove him right back into the tag team division. Why would wwe do this considering The Miz's push was near perfect.

So guys I want you to answer this:

* Why would the WWE give The Miz such a big push which was actually succesful, and then bring him back down to a midcarder and then eventually back into a tag team?

Last edited by CM_PUNK1995 : 09-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
IWC's Free Agent

Dusty Roids is looking to come up from OCW...

Well I have a strong feeling that if the WWE stops pushing Alberto or draft him back to Smackdown, they will bring back Miz as their top heel. It would be cool having him feud with CM Punk over the title. imagine the promos. But then again where will Cena be....
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Is a horrible poster.
WWE Diva's Champion

This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...

* Why would the WWE give The Miz such a big push which was actually successful, and then bring him back down to a mid-carder and then eventually back into a tag team?

Well, this is keeping both him and Truth right now busy. They both realized the conspiracy of which is keeping them guys held back, and held down. I personally don’t mind that Miz is in the tag scene again as he is a very good tag team partner and wrestler. I wish he always stayed as a tag team wrestler in my opinion. Sure Miz can hold his own in singles and this is a bump down for him, the thing is the Main Event scene is clustered up with Cena, Nash, Punk, Trips, and Alberto. So putting Miz in a tag team with Truth to keep him relevant and to help the tag division out is not all that bad. Just be happy Miz is actually on RAW week in and week out. So, it’s not that Miz fell off or anything he is just in a different story line and to me he is an upper card guy, not a mid carder. I also think that I rather see him with Truth to see were this whole conspiracy story line is going. It is pretty interesting. Don’t worry about Miz as Vince is very high on him and just because he is high on him doesn’t mean he needs to be shoved down our throats like Cena and Orton. It means he will be on t.v until it is his turn to step up and truly main event.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
WHAT?!

The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

The Miz is very young. He had a very successful reign as champion that almost no one thought he could do. He beat John Cena at WrestleMania (not cleanly, but it happened). Report after report says how high up on Miz Vince is, and he does constant media appearances. I think its pretty safe to say Miz is going to be around for a long time, and I really believe he will eventually take over as one of the "face" of the WWE once Cena is out of the spotlight.

TL;DR The Miz is just getting started. Moving to the tag division for a little bit while the WWE Title picture is as crowded as it is is not a bad thing.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
The One and Only
WWE Diva's Champion

The Suplexer Perfecter is looking to come up from OCW...The Suplexer Perfecter is looking to come up from OCW...

So they can give him something to do. What else would you have him do? Cena is feuding with Del Rio right now.

Plus this is something different for him to do.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 PM

Shafer757 is looking to come up from OCW...

The problem with this is that while most people would agree and say the Miz has dropped in rank, perceive his current spot differently. With the revival of the tag team division, the Miz is someone familiar with the position and has held the belts with multiple tag partners. The Miz isn't losing petty matches, nor is he getting no tv time. He's still cutting promos and doing what he does. If it means pulling the Miz out of his main event spot to bring prestige to the belts and division, I'd say that's a much better deal.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

People always seem to have an issue understanding the role of a "Top Heel." Yes, Miz was the top heel for a good 6-7 months. But Top heels aren't meant to last long the way the top faces do. If you really look back over time, the only top heels that stayed atop the totem pole were guys who were incredibly popular and (kayfabe) powerful. See Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair. Hell, I think the fact that Miz held the title as long as he did is fucking incredible seeing as he's the epitome of a cowardly heel. He should have no beef with going back down the card a bit and allowing someone else to shine while he raises the stock of some of the lesser known guys by just being involved with them. You think A-Ry would be as popular if not for his association with Miz?

Also, everyone seems to think that pairing Miz up with Truth is a downgrade. "Oh, he's just a tag team guy now." I don't see it like that. It appears to me that he feels there is a conspiracy of some sort holding him down (classic heel stuff) and as a result, he's formed an alliance with another one of the top heels on the show to take it down. Their first order of business is to deal with "Air Boom" who they feel is a part of the conspiracy.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't feel that Miz has fallen from grace at all. I think that they're giving him something significant to do for now and any time they need someone to step up and perform in a main event program, Miz can slide right in with no question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't think Miz has fallen from grace or anything of that nature. The Miz, with the exception of what's been happening with CM Punk, made the WWE Championship picture more interesting than it'd been in several years in my view. Whether you were a fan of Miz or you hated his guts, you still cared about what he was doing and what he was involved in while he was champ. To me, that's the most important job a World Champion has. If he can't make fans give a crap, then he shouldn't be World Champion. Miz was also the longest reigning WWE Champion in more than 3 years. He's already feuded with John Cena over the title. Cena helped establish Miz as a main event heel, hate him or not, it's just how it is. Now, Cena is doing the same with Alberto Del Rio. Whenever WWE puts Miz back into the main event picture, he'll have been someone that's an established main eventer and won't necessarily need to feud with John Cena. I might be wrong, hopefully I'm right, but I don't see Cena being WWE Champion again for quite a while. He's got too much coming up with The Rock, the build up will really start at Survivor Series and the title would be just lost in that particular feud.

Right now, having Miz & Truth as a team gives them both something to do. Not only that, but it gives them something useful to do. Having Truth & Miz united as being against some "conspiracy" designed to keep them down, they can help build up the tag team picture in WWE. Truth is a former NWA World Tag Team Champion in TNA, Miz is a multiple time tag champ in WWE during a time when tag team wrestling was much healthier in WWE than it's been in a long time.

Miz will eventually be back in the main event picture I believe. After all, it's not as if he's jobbing out to Curt Hawkins or Trent Barreta on Superstars.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Scuba 06 is looking to come up from OCW...

After that God awful Wrestlemania main event why would you want Miz to remain champion. Maybe Cena performed poorly in that match as well, when Cena has to, he brings it. Miz's reign was nothing like that. His championship run was piss poor match after piss poor match. His matches with Orton were bad. Jerry Lawler as a PPV opponent ? And WWE expected people to take the Miz as a serious threat ? I'm not sure why the Miz has so many fans here but the guy imo and many others was an awful champion and should have never won the strap to begin with. He still hasn't proven to me that he is championship material, barely a main eventer to begin with. Back in the spring when everyone was saying Miz would be champion at the least until summerslam, I was one of the few giving Punk his due as the top heel in WWE, arguing he not Miz should have been main eventing WM with Cena. Now Summerslam just passed, who main evented it ? It wasnt Miz, now was it. Oh yeah it was CM Punk. Who gave us two of the best ppv matches not only of this year, but in the last few years as well. What was Miz doing at the show, he barely got on the card. Apperantly Vince and others saw what I saw, and thats why the next ppv after Mania Miz lost the strap and hasnt gotten in the picture since. Well WWE could have given the title for one night instead of Rey but they decided against that to now didnt they.

Miz is not championship material. All the PPV's he main evented drew poorly, and please dont tell me anyone cared about the main event of Mania for any other reason but The Rock. To me Miz's mic skills are good but overrated, his charcter is really childish, His ring skills are no better than they were a year ago, piss poor. Really outside of his match with Jomo on Raw at the beginning of 2011, what was so amazing about the Miz's crappy reign ? CM Punk has shown he is miles ahead of Miz is nearly every area of the biz and a much more worthy champion. In my mind, the main reason Miz was champion is because he kisses major ass and can get TMZ and other media to notice WWE, when other wrestlers have no connections to those outlets like he does, id be shocked if it was because of his performances because they sucked bad time and time again.

Last edited by Scuba 06 : 09-08-2011 at 06:01 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Everyone can't be featured at the top. Most performers never even get an opportunity to work at that level, but the ones that do are probably grateful for the chance to have done so. Then, when the run ends, they move on.

Sometimes a wrestler gets a run at being champion and the company evaluates how he's doing. Since no one holds the title forever, the guy is eventually going to lose it and WWE has to determine how well he did and what they're going to do with him in the future.

Consider Jack Swagger. They had him win the title.....and didn't we have plenty of arguments in this forum as to whether he should have won it in the first place? Then, management could see he wasn't panning out as they hoped, so they took the title away and stuck him back on the midcard. I don't imagine Swagger is too unhappy, though..... he had the run that most wrestlers never get and he's now getting plenty of air time.

Same applies to Miz. He had his run as champion, but it was going to end sometime, wasn't it? We still see him on TV all the time; he's still making trouble (kayfabe) and the writers are still coming up with things for him to do, albeit in the upper-midcard. (If Miz thinks he's been let down by the company, have him look up Drew McIntyre).

IMO, Miz is where he belongs. I liked some of his routines, but didn't think he was worthy of being a titleholder and I was surprised they let him keep it as long as they did.

I don't think he's been demoted.....not at all. He's just found his niche and he's doing just fine with it.
sendpm.gif