WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 AM
BPP is your hookup, now GTS!

BigPoppaPunk is looking to come up from OCW...

Sadly, he'd probably be still holding either mid card title or retired. Unfortunately, WWE never really used him to his full potential. He definately was about helping younger guys, so a behind the scenes job would get my vote.

I'd like to think he'd be either WWE Champion or WHC, but seeing the pattern WWE was using with him, being a trainer or producer is highly likely IMO. Maybe had he retired after WM 20, we'd still be seeing him in some form. The problem with speculative threads like these are endless possibilities. Having Benoit around in 2011 would've been interesting to say the least.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM

bradtech519 is looking to come up from OCW...

As an oldschool WCW fan I have a lot of respect still for Benoit the wrestler. He literally gave his life for wrestling (brain damage). I think he would be in the IC or US champion hunt putting over young talent.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtech519 View Post
As an oldschool WCW fan I have a lot of respect still for Benoit the wrestler. He literally gave his life for wrestling (brain damage). I think he would be in the IC or US champion hunt putting over young talent.
I am a longtime WWE/WCW fan myself and I pretty much grew up watching Chris Benoit. No matter what he did in his personal life, I'll always remember him for being possibly the best technical in ring worker of all time. It sure didn't stop me from buying his School Of Hard Knocks dvd and enjoying most of his career(minus his last 3 years). WWE will probably never acknowledge him again, so watching his dvd is probably the best way of remembering the wrestler Chris Benoit.

Still, even trying to imagine where Chris Benoit might be today if circumstances were different is sad to contemplate...
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
WWE Diva's Champion

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

Anyone see the "Wish Benoit was here" sign at NOC?

Anyway I Think if he WAS around today he would be a contender for the Daniel Bryan/Kurt Angle/CM punk "Best in the world" title.

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
sendpm.gif
Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 AM

Imagining him having great matches with the likes of CM Punk or Daniel Bryan in 2011 would've been awesome. I personally don't consider current Kurt Angle as being in that same category. Seeing a Benoit/CM Punk or Benoit/Daniel Bryan match at WM would be classic for sure. Just the idea of Daniel Bryan cashing in his MITB case on Benoit straight up for the title to me would've been a perfect wrestling clinic.
sendpm.gif