WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...

Benoit probably would've been retired by now.... The man's intensity was parallel to nobody. When you watched his matches, he made you believe it was real.

I think he would've had an ECW and WHC reign in him, then HOF. I could also have seen Benoit on Tough Enough doing Bill DeMott's job, except being hardcore about the training.

To those who say his Mic skills sucked, he didn't need mic skills for his character. The fact he acted and looked like he was going to murder his opponents in the ring was enough to get him over. And if you ask anyone who watched wrestling during Benoit's era, and he'd be in their top pics of favourite wrestlers.

But yeah, they would've primarily used him as the guy to bring the new stars to the top.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM

jobesukulele is looking to come up from OCW...

Where would Chris Benoit be today?

Where would WWE be today?...

Think about it, the resulting changes to the industry that occurred because of what you've asked me not to mention.

There may have still been a come down on steroid use but it wouldn't have been as thorough, shit, it might not have happened at all.
Also, I think there would have been an entirely different approach to the WWE's PG initiative. Instead of basic PG I think there would have been PG13 and maybe even tv14 still for WWE's PPVs.

But getting onto your question, where would Benoit be? To be realistic him living would mean his mental problems were caught and diagnosed and he received the help he needed before anything happen. If that happened I guess that'd mean he'd be either fully retired by now or working a part time schedule like HBK did for so long and Undertaker is doing now.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Grizzly0u812 is looking to come up from OCW...

where would Chris Benoit be today, forsure bound for the Hall of Fame, maybe another title run, I heard he was sent to the ECW and was spotted to win the title to help bring up the talent in that part cause like everyone said he could make anyone look good in the ring, yeah him loosing the MVP 2 out of 3 matches really took away from his credibilties as a guy who looked like a power ranger beat someone like Benoit then he was sent to ECW, not sure, He had the ability to main event or mid card and still look good.

some of the guys now like shamus and cena would of been good feuds with him, be like what if Andrea the Giant was around, think of how the matches against bigshow, Kali and other big men
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Rationality Trumps Cynicism

Sub-Xero is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't want to piss anyone off with this, Bt it is my honest opinion on the matter, and I refuse to put it any other way. I enjoyed Chris Benot's career as much as anyone and his match at WM X7 with Kurt Angle is my absolute favorite match of all time. So, please don't take this as a negetive, it's just how i see it...

I would hope he would have retired by now, as has been stated numerous times already, his style for taking hard bumps and wrestling full tilt all the time would have cut his career short. I can't see him having wrestled more than 2 or 3 years more than he did. The sad truth is, and I can't believe I'm saying this, He probably would be dead anyway. I loved Chris Benoit's entire career, I've seen tapes of him from Japan, and if it weren't for Arn Anderson, HE could've been the Enforcer of the 4 Horsemen. Unfortunately, Much like Eddy Guerrero (yes, that's how he spelled in in WCW), He packed on the muscle during his time in WWE, and that couldn't have done his heart any favors. The only difference being that he would be fully apprecited by the entire WWE community, not just us here in the IWC. He would have had a proper tribute, a ficticious Bust in the ficticious Hall Of Fame, and the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE would be referred to as such.

Rest in Peace, Crippler. We still Miss you, No matter what Vince does!!

Last edited by Sub-Xero : 09-08-2011 at 04:14 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Dynamitekid2012 is looking to come up from OCW...

I really don't understand all the people who think Chris Benoit was that bad on the mic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgwbrJa06M

Don't get me wrong, he was no Dusty Rhodes or anything, but he wasn't bad by any means. His promos weren't filled with jokes or this or that, they were straight to the point and spot on with his gimmick. He was a guy that would kick your ass and demanded respect, and him acting any other way during his promos would have been detrimental to his character and thus, would have been bad.

Now onto the original post...

Benoit would have been an upper midcard guy used to build guys for the main event or to help establish main eventers who needed credibility. Unfortunately for WWE right now, they really don't have alot of guys like this right now to build stars which is why when guys get pushes, we don't buy into them. You can't just take somebody who's beating guys like Evan Bourne one week and then suddenly expect them to be taken seriously as they face John Cena. There has to be steps in between and Chris would have been a huge part of that.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Chicks dig 'The Baird'

asslber is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Chris Benoit would probably have that Chris Jericho type role. There to put the younger guys over and make them look good/credible. Possibly even a Triple H/Shawn Michaels/Ric Flair type of role.

However, I do not think he would still be the top guy he used to be today. His body would of been way too warn down by now, especially from all those Diving Headbuts.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Benoit would have won the ECW Championship at Night of Champions in 2007. Then he would have been a veteran helping put over guys like Punk or Morrison. By the time Christian and Matt Hardy were on ECW Benoit would likely have returned to the main roster and gone on to win a few more world titles. It's a shame what happened because as a result he was not around to help ECW as a brand and all the younger guys who came up through it. A World Championship match against guys like Edge or Jericho at Wrestlemania would have been great to see too.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

If the whole Benoit thing hadn't happened, and if he were still alive

I think Benoit would definitely be a first-ballot Hall of Famer for whenever he would retire

And Benoit I would have seen him perhaps turn heel even, become World Heavyweight Champion once again for the first time since 2004

Or he would have become WWE Champion

But we will never know now, will we
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 AM

wrestlingfanusa sold out

prob facing daniel bryan in 30 minute ultimate submission match i think they wouldve brought back the lions den match for a match between him and bryan i wouldve loved to see benoit vs a mma star in a cross over match kinda like big show did also i thnk he wouuld be feuding with cena i think he would get the better of cena i think he would be stone cold equivelant to him it would also make sense for him and tyson kidd to have a feud and i really think him and undertaker wouldve had a classic match i wouldve loved to see him face orton in ortons viper character but i think he would be in the main event alot but he mite have got mistreated enough i think he wouldve gone to tna ah him vvs joe or aj would be great imagine also him vs kurt angle see if chris wouldve gone there he would have less head trauma and wouldnt have went nuts also i think it woulld make tna look legit how u ask they would have joe angle and benoit imaginne them feudiing for the title or sting vs benoit or steiner vs benoit in a tough guy feud i think he would be a guy to take down angle and joe he he would make a great champ add some great legit history to the titlle bc he was that good in the ring sure mr.anderson did help tna by joining them but benoit in tna i mean hes a legit wrestler he was a horseman and also he was a badass aaat least in the ring that is i look at him as i would bruno sammartino anyone ellse see that besides me taht he seems like a old school guy like taker or bruno someone taht can straight wrestle
sendpm.gif
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM
the Frog
Knockout Champion

Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kermit is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Kermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic Enigma View Post
I think he would be in a similar position to someone like Mark Henry. The fans respect him and he would occasionally get a PPV main event spot, but likely wouldn't have won the title again unless they had a short roster at some point and needed him to carry it for a while.

He also would likely be putting on wrestling clinics every week with guys like Kidd, Ziggler, Danielson, etc. Probobaly would've been a pro on NXT at some point and definitely would've had a fued for the US and tag titles by now.
Wow? Are you really comparing him to Mark Henry? First of all, Chris Benoit is a heap load better than Mark Henry in the ring, on the mic, and drawing all together. Chris Benoit is billed as a high-profile underdog because of all his work and little stardom, but that's not to say that he didn't get his dues. The guy was the second person to ever enter the Royal Rumble as #1 and walk out as a winner. Not only that, but he beat HHH and Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 20 in the main event, and then again at Backlash.

How can you compare someone like that to Mark Henry? Mark Henry who has done absolutely nothing in the main event scene. His most memorable moment is having a "baby" with Mae Young.

Chris Benoit would probably be retired by now. His condition was waring on him, and I think if he would of been right-minded then he would of quit by now to preserve what little sanity he had left. If he was still in the ring he would probably be a Chris Jericho type of level. High-profile feuds while putting rising talent over. He wouldn't be booked as weak by any means, but he wouldn't be a top contender. He would definitely of got another run with the strap before hanging up his boots.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
sendpm.gif