WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Night of Champions - WWE Divas Championship - Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix

Quote:
“Your days as the cute, perky blond bimbo are over.” – Beth Phoenix, to Divas Champion Kelly Kelly on August 1, 2011.

With those words, The Glamazon had drawn a line in the sand – she was determined to change the very face of the Divas division. At SummerSlam two weeks later, though, she failed in her quest, coming up short in her title match against Kelly Kelly. At Night of Champions, however, Phoenix will once again have an opportunity to usher in a new era. For Kelly Kelly, a victory at the prestigious pay-per-view would go a long way in vindicating her as champion and proving yet again that she’s much more than just a pretty face.

The controversy in the Divas division was brought to stark relief when WWE.com published an article questioning whether or not the Divas division needed “saving.” While the story credited all Divas for their impressive work ethic, its insights clearly rankled some, who felt Beth and her “Divas of Doom” partner, Natalya, were being singled out for preferential treatment.

The dustup shone a long overdue spotlight on a division rich in legendary names such as WWE Hall of Famers Fabulous Moolah and Wendi Richter, as well as the incomparable Trish Stratus. The tension between Kelly Kelly and Phoenix demonstrates just how passionately these women feel about maintaining that historic legacy. Will The Glamazon forge a new era in the Divas division in her hometown of Buffalo, N.Y.? Or will Kelly Kelly finally silence her critics once and for all, convincing the WWE Universe that she’s truly earned the right to be Divas Champion?

As a result of her win over Eve on Raw last night, "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix is the #1 contender for the WWE Divas Championship. As a result, she'll face Kelly Kelly in what's really a return match from SummerSlam where Kelly successfully defended the title.

Expectedly, this match is going to be filler as it's a women's match but that doesn't mean that it can't be decent filler. I like the fact that we've been seeing an honest to goodness storyline and coherant feud among the Divas for the past while and it's just an overall improvement.

I'd say Beth Phoenix will capture the title from Kelly at NOC. Kelly has beaten Beth once and another loss will really blast any and all momentum Beth & Natalya, AKA the Divas Of Doom, have gained and interest will probably decline rapidly.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think Beth and Natalya are doing a fantastic job.

It's really smart of the WWE. You need your women's division to be a mix of athletes and beauty queens, but they all need to be able to have an entertaining match. KK and the like were so fuck ugly in the ring that no one gave a shit. So now they're going to have them in constant feuds with the athletes until they get good. What better way to promote this than to basically tell the truth. "You guys fuckin suck in the ring, we're here to stop you" "fuck you, we're trying and getting better" is essentially the truth minus the hostility.

I'm looking foreward to this match, well, as much as one can a women's wrestling match. I would like to see Natalya win. I think it works better from a story perspective that KK has to prove herself by winning the title back. If Natalya loses and KK keeps winning then it's kinda like "well yea she's bitching about not getting a chance but she keeps losing, why care about her?" It's not like Natalya is the female version of christian where losing and whining fits her character.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Is a horrible poster.
WWE Diva's Champion

This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...

I give this one to Beth Phenoix and I see this being a good match up. Beth should be champion as she is good in the ring. Besides her botching her finisher last nite. The Divas of Doom are doing good an I think all divas are slightly improving. Only time can tel how they will do. An I hope these two get atleast 7 to an 8 min match up. An that can make it a good filler match.

Winner Beth Phenoix.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
The Greatest of the Universe!!
WWE Diva's Champion

hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...

Beth needs to win this match against KK if any of the stuff she spewed about Barbie doll this and cute that to mean anything. I don't know if I'm intrigued by this matchup at all, but I hope it's somewhere close to where their SS matchup was because that match was surprisingly good. Kelly is getting better and better each week so this should be a good matchup.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...

For the good of all people involved, Kelly needs to get the living shit beaten out of her at Night Of Champions. She can't wrestle to save her life yet she keeps winning (where have I heard that one before?). Beth and Nattie are recognized as two of the best female wrestlers in the world and no one is buying it whenever Kelly goes over on one of them. In addition to SummerSlam, Kelly has beaten Beth at least twice at the house shows and she beats Nattie on Smackdown this coming Friday. If Kelly wins at NOC, it's over.

I think WWE's plan all along was to use the Divas Of Doom storyline to give Kelly the credibility she's sorely lacking, as a good in-ring wrestler can lead a bad wrestler to a decent match. Like it or not, Kelly is WWE's 'it girl'. She symbolizes everything WWE wants in a woman but at the same time, she's everything that's wrong with the Divas division.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Thinking Of A New Name..
Knockout Champion

The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...The Future Rises is looking to come up from OCW...

Yep. I was expecting this to turn into a Kelly Kelly bashing thread and I think the post above just started that. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I see Beth Phoenix winning here. This should be a good Divas match if they make it back and forth and both Divas get some offense. I don't want to see Beth dominate Kelly all the time and then Kelly with a roll up and the victory. I want it to be back and forth.

A good way for it to end with Kelly coming out on top is if Eve actually interferes and cheats for Kelly winning her the match somehow. Then Eve can do this in all of Kelly's matches against the DOD. Kelly says she doesn't tell Eve to interfere until she eventually reveals that she's been the mastermind behind all the cheating turning both her and Eve heel. Why would they do that? The DOD actually sound like they have a point. And sometimes they even get cheered. So if they do this I think they can turn Beth and Nattie babyfaces in the process. But that's just the way i would do it I guess. Though apparently an Eve or a Kelly Kelly heel turn has been discussed.

The match is in Beth's hometown. I just don't see the WWE giving Kelly Kelly the win at all. Although I do feel Kelly has been representing the WWE very good and really improving in the ring and on the mic. Beth is one of the few Divas that the fans actually care about. Beth and Kelly are the two main Divas right now. They're the only ones that get a good enough reaction. So I just see Beth winning this one in her home town.

Last edited by The Future Rises : 09-07-2011 at 02:13 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 AM

flawd101 is looking to come up from OCW...

diva matches are really boring. i think kelly kelly should dominate and then beth steals the win with a roll up or cheating. then on raw eve wins matches but then kk starts getting away from beth/naty when they attack eve after the match. kelly kelly beats beth clean at hiac. eve attacks naty outside the cage with a chair, the title, or thru the table!. after hte match eve attacks kk after celebrating and says how she should be champ and kk isnt a real friend. kk should hold the title most of the time to make her a credible challenge for when kharma gets back.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Worshipping At The Palace of Bliss
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

if their match at NOC is as good as it was at summerslam it should be a pretty good divas match expect hopefully this time they get it right and beth takes the title from kelly...i fully expect eve and nattie out there to manage kelly and beth during the match and from what i heard vince wants to turn kelly or eve heel so maybe eve turns heel at NOC to screw kelly out of retaining even though i REALLY DONT WANT EVE OR KELLY TO TURN HEEL!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 AM

SydTinDad is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I think Eve needs to be a hot heel. She is fuckin sexy. I met her in person recently all slink-ied up with the skirt, hose, heels and where was I?......................). Oh yeah, so I smell the turn on K2 and making a Beth-Natalya-Eve trio.

Yes, I think "E" is doing well with the Natalya-Beth thing. I also think that Beth needs to hold the belt and have the three of them run a muck on all the Divas until Awesome Kong Returns as the top face.

I am sick of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. 3 no talent losers that are just brutal to watch. First, K2 is a very funny looking braud. Nowhere near as hot as everyone thinks. The Bellas are useless unless it's a mahn-age'-eh-twa (I can't spell it) situation.

Not to go off topic here.................but I hear Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky's contracts all end in December. They are not going to resign all. Perhaps a Beautiful People sighting at the Royal Rumble?!?!?!?!
sendpm.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
WHAT?!

The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...The Hardcore Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydTinDad View Post
I think Eve needs to be a hot heel. She is fuckin sexy. I met her in person recently all slink-ied up with the skirt, hose, heels and where was I?......................). Oh yeah, so I smell the turn on K2 and making a Beth-Natalya-Eve trio.

Yes, I think "E" is doing well with the Natalya-Beth thing. I also think that Beth needs to hold the belt and have the three of them run a muck on all the Divas until Awesome Kong Returns as the top face.

I am sick of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. 3 no talent losers that are just brutal to watch. First, K2 is a very funny looking braud. Nowhere near as hot as everyone thinks. The Bellas are useless unless it's a mahn-age'-eh-twa (I can't spell it) situation.

Not to go off topic here.................but I hear Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky's contracts all end in December. They are not going to resign all. Perhaps a Beautiful People sighting at the Royal Rumble?!?!?!?!

Not to turn this thread into a beauty contest, but Kelly Kelly is WAY hotter than Eve, no question. Nothing about K2 is "funny looking" unless you consider a PERFECT body and face funny looking.. (oh, and its "menage a trois")

WWE in general seems to be moving back to a storyline-driven model instead of just "you're a face, you're a heel, now fight" like they've essentially been doing for a while, especially in the Divas division. Any kind of work put into a Divas angle is a great thing, IMO. And while K2 isn't the best wrestler out there, putting her against someone who's great in the ring like Beth makes for a pretty good match, and more importantly, a pretty good story.
sendpm.gif