WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-23-2011, 01:54 PM

baddass79 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

dont be to shocked if cena gets the belt back hes not gonna lose 3 ppvs in a row as big as vince is on adr there r people in the back who r concerned and dont think he can be the face of the wwe as being champ thats why it took so long for him to win if cena dont win at noc he will in oct but i do think that there is a big possibilty cena wins at noc adr is not ready and it shows
Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

About time Cena put somebody over conclusively, I feel. Have this feature on two Pay-Per-Views and have Del Rio win both times. No interference, clean pinfalls each time. Maybe even have Del Rio put Cena out of action for a couple of weeks with him returning just in time for a rematch and title victory at Survivor Series.

Having invested so heavily in Del Rio over the past year it makes no sense for him to fall to Cena in his first feud as champion.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

Del Rio will find a way to win. Cena has been burrying him the last 2 weeks. Calling him the third wheel and ripping how he won the title. I cant imagine Cena will beat him. Unless they are done pushing ADR.

IMO Cena will win the title at SS. With the Rock coming back at SS, they will start the hype for Wrestlemania. Cena will carry the title into WM.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 PM

baddass79 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

well this is not good news for adr as the raw rating reaches the lowest it has ever been in years and adr match lost viewers this is what happend with orton nd y they took the title from him adr better hope ratings get better and people tune in to his match if not he just might kiss that title goodbye come NOC thats a fact if u dont produce ratings they dont keep u on top!!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Knockout Champion

Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
About time Cena put somebody over conclusively, I feel. Have this feature on two Pay-Per-Views and have Del Rio win both times. No interference, clean pinfalls each time. Maybe even have Del Rio put Cena out of action for a couple of weeks with him returning just in time for a rematch and title victory at Survivor Series.
There is WAY more to 'putting someone over' than jobbing to them.

I am not seeing how this match will have much intrigue. I am digging that Cena has a problem with that fucking MiTB briefcase. It has been around about the same time as Cena has been the top dawg and he has really been the guy who has had the most problems with it.

I just feel this angle is about John Cena vs the MiTB winner, not Cena vs Del Rio. I am not so sure Del Rio is the right guy to play the other end. I really think if he doesn't step it up, he will totally be the third wheel on the bicycle. His announcer is always doing something to take focus off Del Rio (unintentionally of course). He hasn't improved all that much from a year ago. And cannot sustain any kind of heat.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboney View Post
There is WAY more to 'putting someone over' than jobbing to them.
A clean pinfall victory over the top face of the company is being "put over." There's no more decisive way to do so then this. There is more to it, sure. but being the face of the company and "doing the job" is the best way one wrestler can do so, especially in the case of John Cena, who doesn't do many clean jobs.

Quote:
I am not seeing how this match will have much intrigue.
No intrigue? This is Del Rio's first WWE title defense on PPV, ever. This is his first defense of any title on PPV. And it only happens to be against John Cena. But no, no intrigue there at all.....

The intrigue here is this: Will Del Rio be a transitional champion that was just used to get one of the MITB out of the mix? Or is the plan to continue to build Del Rio up as a credible champion with another clean victory? Del Rio's finisher happens to be the rolling cross armbar. John Cena, since winning his first WWE title in 2005, has NEVER submitted. Is the possibility there that he will do so here, or will Del Rio find another way to win? The intrigue is in trying to figure how this match will play out. Will Del Rio lose the title, ala Edge when he won his first briefcase, or will he have a long run with the title? This match will go a long way towards answering that question. And with all these questions comes intrigue.

That being said, I didnt see a logical way in which Cena submits here. I also don't see Cena winning the title here. WWE has spent so much time since Del Rio won the briefcase and the WWE title in making him a credible champion--one that can win matches clean at any time. I don't see them veering from that course here, as I see it highly unlikely John Cena walks away from NOC with the title in hand. My biggest fear is that we'll see a house show finish--Del Rio can't put Cena away--and gets himself disqualified. To me, that is worse case scenario.

If I had to guess regarding this match, it would be that Del Rio wins this match, perhaps by countout, or with Ric Rod's help. The other possibility is that Cena jobs clean, having underestimated Del Rio. He's talked again and again about how only one man can go "toe to toe with him", referencing CM Punk. Through every promo, he's made Del Rio seem beneath him. The possibility there is that Del Rio could take the overconfident Cena by surprise, and defeat him clean. Unless something happens within the next two Raws that make Del Rio look like a credible threat to Cena, I see Del Rio getting that clean win--by pinfall--that indeed establishes him as someone who Cena and others should and will take seriously. As much as I don't see the appeal in Del Rio, it's obvious there are plenty within the WWE brass that do. Del Rio wins this.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Baddest Mutha Fucka on the World

He Went To Jared is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXJJ View Post
Del Rio will find a way to win. Cena has been burrying him the last 2 weeks. Calling him the third wheel and ripping how he won the title. I cant imagine Cena will beat him. Unless they are done pushing ADR.

IMO Cena will win the title at SS. With the Rock coming back at SS, they will start the hype for Wrestlemania. Cena will carry the title into WM.
Why does everyone keep saying that Cena needs to be champ to face the Rock at wrestlemania? that's fucking dumb, they can have a one on one match and it would still pull, just like Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania 18

anyways to the matter at hand, i think that Del Rio wins here, he needs to beat someone to make him a creditable champ, who better than Cena. But i can see in this match that ricardo puts the belt in the ring, and distracts the ref, allowing ADR to hit cena with the belt for the 1-2-3.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Intellectual Iconoclast

Masked_Rick is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe ADR will come up with a new pinfall finisher for his match? Either that or the running enziguri needs to be sold as a finisher. I don't think just hitting him with the belt for the win is enough because he needs to be a bit more over than that, have outside interference to distract or stun Cena and then he hits the finisher to win.

(it would be cool if he used a frog splash. Revealing a lucha background and gaining heat at the same time because people still associate that move with Eddie)
sendpm.gif
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
A clean pinfall victory over the top face of the company is being "put over." There's no more decisive way to do so then this. There is more to it, sure. but being the face of the company and "doing the job" is the best way one wrestler can do so, especially in the case of John Cena, who doesn't do many clean jobs.

No intrigue? This is Del Rio's first WWE title defense on PPV, ever. This is his first defense of any title on PPV. And it only happens to be against John Cena. But no, no intrigue there at all.....

The intrigue here is this: Will Del Rio be a transitional champion that was just used to get one of the MITB out of the mix? Or is the plan to continue to build Del Rio up as a credible champion with another clean victory? Del Rio's finisher happens to be the rolling cross armbar. John Cena, since winning his first WWE title in 2005, has NEVER submitted. Is the possibility there that he will do so here, or will Del Rio find another way to win? The intrigue is in trying to figure how this match will play out. Will Del Rio lose the title, ala Edge when he won his first briefcase, or will he have a long run with the title? This match will go a long way towards answering that question. And with all these questions comes intrigue.

That being said, I didnt see a logical way in which Cena submits here. I also don't see Cena winning the title here. WWE has spent so much time since Del Rio won the briefcase and the WWE title in making him a credible champion--one that can win matches clean at any time. I don't see them veering from that course here, as I see it highly unlikely John Cena walks away from NOC with the title in hand. My biggest fear is that we'll see a house show finish--Del Rio can't put Cena away--and gets himself disqualified. To me, that is worse case scenario.

If I had to guess regarding this match, it would be that Del Rio wins this match, perhaps by countout, or with Ric Rod's help. The other possibility is that Cena jobs clean, having underestimated Del Rio. He's talked again and again about how only one man can go "toe to toe with him", referencing CM Punk. Through every promo, he's made Del Rio seem beneath him. The possibility there is that Del Rio could take the overconfident Cena by surprise, and defeat him clean. Unless something happens within the next two Raws that make Del Rio look like a credible threat to Cena, I see Del Rio getting that clean win--by pinfall--that indeed establishes him as someone who Cena and others should and will take seriously. As much as I don't see the appeal in Del Rio, it's obvious there are plenty within the WWE brass that do. Del Rio wins this.
No it's not. How the fuck is ADR, a chickenshit heel, winning clean, going to get him more over as a heel? The fans don't go "he's a mean guy, but he beat Cena clean, so I hate him even more" they go "fuckin ADR had to cheat to win". Do you not understand how to make a bad guy.....a bad guy? I'm guessing you're one of the idiots who think Christian should have beaten Orton clean too.

This is an interesting match. So far ADR has been playing more mind games and shit like that. I'm guessing he wins through some shenanigans. Should be a really good match. I've like the feud so far.

Cena will "put over" ADR by making him a bigger star. ADR going over clean won't do anything. ADR cheating to win everytime will. You think people hated the nWo because they said bad things? Or because they said bad things and always cheated to win?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Yea, no way he should go over clean, not so as to protect Cena, but because its simply not Del Rio's character at all. I dont mean Edge-Undertaker at Extreme Rules 2009 levels of cheating, but certainley not clean.

I do think Del Rio most certainley wins though, and will probably find ways to snake away until December or January, I would likely say. Just enough time to build him up as a legit title picture guy, and to give Cena enough time to rebuild for the showdown with the Rock at WM.