WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...
Default Night of Champions - WWE Championship - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena

Quote:
Destiny’s a funny thing. At SummerSlam, it seemed as though either John Cena or CM Punk was destined to walk into Night of Champions in possession of the WWE Title. However, that honor was stripped from them both thanks to a contentious series of events that culminated with Alberto Del Rio’s opportunistic Money in the Bank cash-in. Having finally fulfilled his own personal destiny by becoming WWE Champion, The Mexican Aristocrat puts his good fortune to the ultimate test against The Cenation Commander-in-Chief on the one night when every championship will be on the line.

Both staking claim for the No. 1 contendership to Del Rio’s title following the controversial conclusion of their SummerSlam confrontation, Cena and Punk battled on Raw for the right to vie for the WWE Title at Night of Champions. The Cenation leader defeated The Straight Edge Superstar largely due to a distraction by the massive Kevin Nash – a figure that has cast a dark shadow over the WWE Championship landscape since his debut at The Biggest Event of the Summer.

As Punk brushed aside his misgivings about the circumstances of his momentous Undisputed WWE Championship victory to celebrate with his legions of fans at Los Angeles’ STAPLES Center, a hulking figure made his way through the crowd and charged the ring. With his 7-foot frame and raven-black hair and beard, the behemoth was instantly recognizable as Nash, unseen in WWE since his surprise appearance in the 2011 Royal Rumble Match. The veteran grappler and former WWE Champion viciously battered Punk before hoisting The Straight Edge Superstar high into the air and sending him crashing to the canvas with a ring-shaking Jackknife Powerbomb.

Watching this carnage unfold from the locker room area, Del Rio knew that it was time to strike. Becoming the ninth Superstar to cash in his Money in the Bank contract on a vulnerable champion to attain a World Title, The Mexican Aristocrat further punished Punk with his signature enziguri to win his first WWE Championship.

The following night on Raw, Triple H apologized for his questionable officiating while Nash led many to believe that the controversial conclusion of SummerSlam – from the three-count to Del Rio’s cash-in – was masterminded by The Cerebral Assassin himself. As the two longtime Kliq cohorts’ opposing stories whipped the WWE Universe into a speculative frenzy, a fired-up Cena kept Del Rio in his sights and issued a stern warning: “You are not a champion: You’re a target.”

Now that the 11-time World Champion is the new No. 1 contender, is Alberto Del Rio’s destiny about to be derailed? Additionally, will Triple H or “Big Sexy” once again play a role in shaping the future of the WWE Championship? To find out, tune in to Night of Champions, Sept. 18, only on pay-per-view.

So it's set in stone, what was originally on the cards for the SummerSlam main event slot now is set to take place at the Night of Champions show in a few weeks time. Personally, I can see this being a very good match with both Del Rio and Cena giving it 100%. Both men can certainly go, and having just come off the back of two amazing main events on the last two PPV's, Cena will look to continue to showcase just how good he is. Of course, from a booking perspective, it seems obvious that Del Rio will win with the good business that's sure to come from him walking into Mexico as the WWE Champion, but things have been a little crazy in WWE as of late, and I wouldn't totally rule out a Cena win here. Should be interesting though.

Keep all discussion in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 AM

killer425 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah I think Del Rio is going to keep the belt due to disqualification or interference there's no way Del Rio's title run is this short

I'm saying he keeps the title for at least 3 months
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that Del Rio is going to keep the title but Cena will win by DQ. I have two reasons:

1.They are not going take the title from ADR weeks after he wins it. Besides all the MiTB winners have had atleast 2-3 month long reigns.
2.No way is Cena going to lose in the main event of 3 PPVs in a row. Its bad business.

Whichever way this match goes, I am almost certain that there will be outside interference and this feud will continue for some time.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...Redemption-2012 is looking to come up from OCW...

Del Rio will hold on to that championship throughout October and then drop it to John Cena at Survivor Series in November thus leading to Punk getting his rematch at TLC and possibly making it a triple threat match or something because if ADR loses it at Survivor Series then he obviously gets an automatic rematch. I think that Cena will win or something but maybe Rock will screw Cena out of the championship and Survivor Series leading to a heel turn at Survivor Series Or the next Pay-per-view after that (TLC) or even possibly cheating to win at WrestleMania 28, in order to get revenge on The Rock and turn heel. Del Rio will walk out of NOC as the WWE champion, no Q'S asked.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Mr$intheBank is looking to come up from OCW...

I rather have had a triple threat match at NOC with Punk involved cuz I don't wanna see him fight 50 somethin year old Kevin Nash. But I'm sure WWE has big plans involving that whole situation. ADR should retain the title at NOC. Maybe interference from Ricardo. Since the Mexico Tour is in the middle of October, Alberto's reign will, at the least, last up to Vengeance PPV. With Vince having high aspirations for him, ADR will hold this title until Survivor Series, maybe even TLC.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM
We are Sex Bob-Omb!

Dutchboy241 is looking to come up from OCW...Dutchboy241 is looking to come up from OCW...

ADR to retain here. There's a almost certain chance he'll have to cheat to win (dq or low blow or whatever) but he'll keep the belt. They're making ADR a better heel every week. He got some heat before Summerslam but now with attacking Morrison and Cena plus "being responsible" for Mysterio's injury he's one his way (if not already) the top heel on both shows. He's one of the few heels I actually do hate a little so he's doing his job fantastically then.

ADR will keep his belt (about 90% sure) and I see him keeping it until probably Survivor Series. Cena and ADR should put on a great match here. Both are at the top of their game right now. I'm not expecting a classic but since it's a fresh feud the match will be quite interesting.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm neat.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...

My guess would be that Del Rio would win "clean" however there will be a major distraction by Ricardo which will cost Cena the match. I think it has the possibility to be a good match however I definetly see Del Rio winning the match. However, I don't know how Del Rio will manage a Hell in the Cell match so it could be interesting to see this match play out. I'm expecting at least one distraction from Ricardo and possibly somebody like John Laurintis to be ring side. I do feel there will be a rematch between the two but possibly involving mulitple people.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
WCW TV Champion

Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

ADR wins here no way he loses the title this quickly!! wont happen.. We all know Cena wont tap wont quit so the only way ADR can win is by either DQ countout or some outside interference!! So who is gonna interfere on ADRs part?? Maybe theyll cue the rocks music but he wont come out that will be enough of a distraction to do a roll up hook the shorts and get out of dodge!!
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM
A hound of justice

Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...Sheamus' Suntan is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm guessing here.
CM Punk comes down and attacks Cena. After all, Punk AGREES with Del Rio being champ. Cena does not. There's more friction between Cena and Punk and that angle isn't over - it's nowhere near it. So I'm guessing Punk comes down, roundhouse kick to Cena, bell rings, its over...then in runs Big Sexy and boots Punk in the face...

ADR to retain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie
I like you. You say sensible things
sendpm.gif
Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM

tnarage2 is looking to come up from OCW...

My pick is that del rio will retain by some interference. its obvious that cena wont lose cleanly. but i do think del rio can win cleanly but the problem is how is del rio gonna win cleanly? will he make cena tap? if cena does the announcer would say "CENA TAPS FOR THE FIRST TIME" or he will lose by pinfall. most likely cena will lose by finfall after a enzuguri.
sendpm.gif