WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?
True 28 31.11%
False 6 6.67%
I Don't Even Care Anymore.. 56 62.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor
Default [Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

So, tonight on RAW, we saw Vince McMahon fire Bret Hart, and appoint a new GM...who communicated via email and remained anonymous all night. Expectations that the GM would be revealed by night's end were dashed. On top of that, McMahon said that next week the new GM will have an announcement, which means something big could happen.

Two questions:
Who's the new GM?
and
What is the announcement?

If you ask me, the new GM could be anybody. But here are the candidates I most want:

Michael Cole
Cole was excellent as a heel during his Danielson feud. He cut a good promo, and with him being the guy to read the emails I think there could be a possibility he was appointed GM. He could have been falsely "sending" those emails.

Triple H
Vince seemed very close with the person on the phone. Triple H is his son-in-law, so of course they'd speak like that. Triple H would be an interesting GM as he stays out of the title picture and makes Sheamus' life hell. Or he could get the heel turn several have been begging for for years.

Wade Barrett
Unlikely? Maybe. But the way the GM described Vince in the email was very dramatic and descriptive, which works for Barrett. Barrett is inventive on the mic, talking about the Winds of Change. He uses imagery well. On top of that, Barrett could have put Vince in that match just so the Nexus would have a shot at him.

Daniel Bryan
Completely ridiculous longshot, I know, but a man can dream!

As for the announcement, I have no idea. I literally cannot think of what it could be, except for having something to do with The Nexus and the MITB PPV.

Those are my guesses. What are yours?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Deciding if I want to join WZCW.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

Bigdog6374 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm leaning towards HHH just because on the phone the person asked Vince if he liked the surprise of making him the enforcer for the main event and he said yes but not to pull anymore surprises on him personally. DX and HHH were famous for their tricks and surprises they pulled on Vince. Also Sheamus is now the champion and the guy HHH is going to come for when he returns and seems to be one of the main targets of the NXT group now. HHH has long said he wants one last big heel turn and this would be a perfect fit. Yeah Sheaumus is technically a heel but you can do a short face turn by having him get beat down by the NXT group and get fan support that way.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

The Duke is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to The Duke

Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 PM

Magooder is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually think it may be Daniel Bryan.

I mean he is under a 90 day no compete clause correct? Doesn't that mean he can still be GM as long as he doesn't "compete"? This way it will stop Bryan from joining any other wrestling organizations and WWE can hold onto him. He could have a stint as GM throughout this summer and when his suspension is over he could go back to wrestling.
You never know

Im also hoping it's someone like Paul Heyman. Wouldn't it be great to have him unveiled as GM and also be the leader of the NXT faction? This way he can run RAW the way he likes with these rookies because (I'm assuming) Mr. McMahon will be out of action for a while. Therefore leaving RAW entirely in his hands. It will be chaos for the rest of the locker room, and that's the kind of story they seem to have been building up for.

Now that is purely wishful thinking. I actually believe the Daniel Bryan one is a decent possibility.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM

lunarseed is looking to come up from OCW...

My vote for the new GM is Jim Ross. Here's why.

Jim Ross loves the product and the company, but hates the travel. This feeds right in to the fact that the Anonymous GM e-mailed all of his decrees tonight. I envision a live feed from JR's neck of the woods that allows him to be involved, but do so from close to home (and probably at a discount to the company.)

WWE needs a quick-witted person who doesn't make too many gaffes on live tv. Am I the only one to realize the Bret Hart mistakenly said "WWF" on live television last week and this week he's gone? JR is more than acclimated to the live and sometime spontaneous nature of the production. Vince wouldn't have to worry much about him screwing up his lines.

Jim Ross is someone whom the "PG" viewers are familiar with and the Attitude fans respect. If Bret was a god way to bridge the gap, JR is a better way to bridge it. His face is recognizable and his passion for the show is ubiquitous.

Vince has a vested interest in JR's future. Kurt Angle, Taz, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, etc, etc, etc. Go back to the attitude days and the list could be a thread of it's own. How many times has he dropped the ball with losing good talent? JR going to TNA would damage WWE's image bigtime. They're most passionate employee basically says "Yep.... this is where the future is." Any self respecting wrestling fan is going to lend a ton more credence to what TNA is trying to do right now, and to serve JR a cake gig on a silver platter would be probably the only way to secure him from "defecting" before TNA gives him "an offer he can't refuse" Don Corleone style.

JR knows talent and sees potential. Having him involved is an indispensably perceptive opinion on talent. With WWE going crazy pushing new people, they need someone who can see five steps ahead and identify the people who should carry the brand.

It's freaking JR. Had to add that because I'm an attitude era guy.

I guess you could also make a case for him being behind the NXT angle, but I'll let someone else spin the wheel on that. I will say that as far as a face on the show to reinstate him in a dignified yet cautious manner, JR is your pointman to re-instate Brian Danielson publically and cause the least amount of waves in the Network Exec and Senate Race pools.

If it's not JR I'd be surprised. He's the perfect guy for so many reasons.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 PM

Magooder is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.
I agree, I don't want it to be Michael Cole either. But I wouldn't be suprised. Mike Adamle was a complete joke! But you can't really compare Cole and Adamle together. I mean Cole has been working with the WWE for quite a while now and we can hope he knows how to pronounce the wrestler's names by now lol
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

With the way WWE has been really trying to stay secretive, and changing things on the fly, I have no clue who the new GM could be. Michael Cole seems the most likely, at this time, due to his direct interaction with the new GM (even though he doesn't know who the person is). Cole seemed a little bit too chipper when making the announcements, almost as if he has something up his sleeve. With all that being said, I have no clue.

As to the announcement...once again, no clue. This is even more mysterious than the GM thing. Vince gave no indication as to what the announcement could even have to do with. I'm guessing it will have something to do with either the nXt guys, or the main event at MITB..or both.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...hatehabsforever is getting phone calls from TNA...

How about Shane McMahon? Supposedly leaves the company abruptly a few months ago, without much of an explanation. Could have been a kayfabe disagreement with his father over the running of the company. A bitter Shane McMahon returns to destroy his father and his father's company (all kayfabe of course).

Other possibilities could be Stephanie McMahon, Jim Ross, or Michael Cole.

And of course there's always the possibility that there is no ringleader outside of the group, that they are simply a rogue group of disruptive and pissed off wrestlers acting (again kayfabe) of their own accord.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 PM

lunarseed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb03 View Post
With the way WWE has been really trying to stay secretive, and changing things on the fly, I have no clue who the new GM could be. Michael Cole seems the most likely, at this time, due to his direct interaction with the new GM (even though he doesn't know who the person is). Cole seemed a little bit too chipper when making the announcements, almost as if he has something up his sleeve. With all that being said, I have no clue.

As to the announcement...once again, no clue. This is even more mysterious than the GM thing. Vince gave no indication as to what the announcement could even have to do with. I'm guessing it will have something to do with either the nXt guys, or the main event at MITB..or both.
Cole would be incredibly excited for the new GM to be JR. They are fellow announcers and JR mentored him (eventually kind of replacing him.) Thanks for openning my eyes to yet another circumstance that lends complete creedence to the new RAW gm being good ol' JR. "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" lol
sendpm.gif