WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Empire State
Posts: 545
Dizzy is looking to come up from OCW...Dizzy is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinroy682 View Post
The difference between what TNA is doing and what your list did is quite simple. Most of those guys were never main eventers in WCW.
Pause. Booker T, Flair and others were actual champions in WCW and main eventers that translated to WWE.
Quote:
TNA signs guys who are no longer wanted by WWE and then tries to make them a main eventer from day one.
Give me an example of that? Mr. Anderson took 1 year before he won a title in TNA. Jeff Hardy won his first World title in TNA in 2010, he never held it in 204.Yet, it still took 9 months for him to hold the belt. Matt Morgan took 2/3 years before he became a legit singles competitor.

Explain, how is that day one exactly?

Quote:
Most of the time they are guys who have already made a name for themselves in WWE and TNA brings them in with the same persona and immediately puts them in the main event for the strap. See Jeff Hardy, RVD, Angle, Anderson.
Immediately? Again, It took them more than day one to get a title. RVD is you're best example and he wasn't seen in WWE for a long time.
Quote:
Your list came in, got a push in the mid card, made their name, and worked their way up to the title. Y2J got a big push from the start going against Rock.
But you have no problem with WWE doing that with a WCW talent?
Quote:
TNA might be better served and make the homegrown guys seem bigger if they would put these guys in a mid card feud to begin with. Slow push them to the main event.
See Bobby Roode? They already are doing that.
Quote:
OR...Maybe they shouldn't sign every used up Main Eventer from WWE in a quick fix effort to grab ratings.
Every? Angle, Hardy are the only main eventers they actually used that way. They are top draws. They obviously should be used that way.
Quote:
Instead, maybe, they should go the Elijah Burke route. Sign a guy who clearly had talent in WWE, but was in the wrong character.
Matt Morgan, Brian Kendrick? Hello?
Quote:
Give him a fresh character like the Pope and not derail the push for no apparent reason.
For the last time, he is currently in a career of criminal justice. He isn't committed fully to wrestling which is why you cannot push him as a major star. Besides, he still is a star. Simply a midcard star.

Quote:
TNA pushed Pope. He was on the track to major star. Then they switched gears and tried to make him a face. He was over by being the thug preacher with attitude and then he started pandering to the crowd and became vanilla. However, they were on the right track. Find a guy like that, and maybe you hook on the right character and boom...major star.
And they have used that concept with a guy who is committed to wrestling and that man is Austin Aries.

Anything else?
Quote:
Recently released guys like DH Smith might be able to catch fire with a gimmick in TNA...but shoving the TNA guys down immediately for a new hire from WWE makes your guys look weak and creates a poor attitude.
Lol Who has been shoved down for a former hire? Nobody wants DH Smith anyways.

AJ Styles bombed ratings wise as a World Champion. He couldn't even sell merchandise which is why RVD took the title. Again, It took Jeff Hardy 9 months to become World Champion. How is that shoving someone IMMEDIATELY to become a main eventer?

Making your guys look weak is by having someone from another show cash in a briefcase and totally bury them in 5 seconds. It also adds the element of RECYCLED booking. Yet, It's acceptable. I don't see if that of all things is normal, how anything else is abnormal if TNA did push someone fast. Despite the fact they haven't besides Crimson who is homegrown.
sendpm.gif
  #32  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 AM
ash brooks ash brooks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
ash brooks is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

why is it people insult tna where wwe doesnt know how to use wrestlers like anderson angle the hardys and the dudley boys if yet they go to tna and you can see thee best out of them and for people to say tna doing repeat story lines that whats the wwe is famous for isnt it they now doing real n fake sin cara and how many times has wwe used the faction route nextus the core, dx nation of domination so if people want to diss tna for being a very good up andf coming company who promte ALL aspects of wrestling high flying and tag team and even their knockouts get more air time than wwe divas all wwe care about is the main two world titles and thats it i mean they got rid of the crusiweight title and watching high flyers do wicked and insane moves is a highlight in any show and i think wwe fans need to realise that wwe isnt all its cracked up to be and i am a wwe and a tna fan but i rather watch tna as wwe isnt promting tag team and other aspect ofwrestling it just about guys like cena and ppl like reyrey but other great light heavyweights have either left as they had enough of wwe keep using the rock stone cold bret hart if wwe the bomb why do they need to keep bringing these people back?????
sendpm.gif
  #33  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 PM
JaDoE05 JaDoE05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17
JaDoE05 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Pause. Booker T, Flair and others were actual champions in WCW and main eventers that translated to WWE.
You don't understand what the word "most" means?

Quote:
Give me an example of that? Mr. Anderson took 1 year before he won a title in TNA. Jeff Hardy won his first World title in TNA in 2010, he never held it in 204.Yet, it still took 9 months for him to hold the belt. Matt Morgan took 2/3 years before he became a legit singles competitor.

Explain, how is that day one exactly?
Either you can't read, or you are acting dumb for the purpose of your post. "Main eventer" and "title holder" are not the same thing.

Quote:
Immediately? Again, It took them more than day one to get a title. RVD is you're best example and he wasn't seen in WWE for a long time.
Again there is a big difference between "main eventer" and "title holder". And RVD hadn't been seen in the WWE in a long time because he decided not to sign with TNA as soon as his 90 days were over.

Quote:
But you have no problem with WWE doing that with a WCW talent?
He was talking about the WWE

Quote:
See Bobby Roode? They already are doing that.
Yea finally...

Quote:
Every? Angle, Hardy are the only main eventers they actually used that way. They are top draws. They obviously should be used that way.
That's because WWE doesn't let go of their huge money drawing stars. Those particular two had drug issues.

Quote:
Matt Morgan, Brian Kendrick? Hello?
You finally have a point...

Quote:
AJ Styles bombed ratings wise as a World Champion. He couldn't even sell merchandise which is why RVD took the title. Again, It took Jeff Hardy 9 months to become World Champion. How is that shoving someone IMMEDIATELY to become a main eventer?
Apparently you haven't been watching wrestling for very long or are one of those typical IWC (I hate that term) or love everything underdog type people. For the third time winning the title is not a prerequisite to being a main eventer.

Quote:
Making your guys look weak is by having someone from another show cash in a briefcase and totally bury them in 5 seconds. It also adds the element of RECYCLED booking. Yet, It's acceptable. I don't see if that of all things is normal, how anything else is abnormal if TNA did push someone fast. Despite the fact they haven't besides Crimson who is homegrown.
You are talking about something completely different here. Day and Night. Business vs. Storyline. Main Event building vs. Abusing an established name.
__________________

Last edited by JaDoE05 : 09-19-2011 at 06:14 PM.
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices