WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The Prison
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...
Cool Stupid Local Commercials

Here's a topic for those of you who may not wish to discuss wrestling right now. Just to add a little variety of sorts.

Every week, when I watch the local broadcast of Smackdown here in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, I see this stupid commercial for a used car lot called Carhop. It features this cock-eyed guy who stares right into the camera and talks about how if you have a job you can get a car from him, even if your credit is bad. Well the latest commercial features this guy dancing around with an ipod Nano on saying about how Carhop is going to be giving away 30 of these during the month of November. He never says what you have to do to even enter the contest for them or anything, he just does a bunch of bad dancing, does his whole line about the job and getting a car and then sings the theme song as if it were playing in the headphones. It's truly annoying.

I mean this has to be one of the stupidest local commercials since my days in Houston when the Matress Mac commercials used to come on during the old Houston Superstars of wrestling broadcasts from the Sam Houston Colliseum. This guy, Jim Mcalvane, used to do his whole gimmick of how Gallery Furniture had the lowest prices in town, easiest financing, and quickiest delivery of anybody else in Houston. At the end, he would reach into his back pocket and then jump into the air, slightly off screen. When his hand would appear, he would have a wad of cash in it and mutter the lines " Gallery Furniture, really will save-you-money." Given Matress Mac's big eared appearance ad annoying voice, it is to this day truly annoying. And yes, he still does the commercials.

So what are the annoying local commercials from your area?

Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 PM

Highway Boots is looking to come up from OCW...

Carhop is near me as well. But the one that drive me nuts are the stupid Pawn America commercials where the owner thinks he can be a spokesman.

Same goes for that Dan Moen guy from White Bear GMC or whatever. I just hate when guys like that try to be funny
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...

Oh god, those erk me as well. But you know which one is really cheesy? The Second Wind Fitness commercials. You know, the ones that featured taht old guy who used to be one fo the Minnesota Vikings as a "has been' and Brock Lesnar as the "never was". I swear, I have heard that expression of "why buy new when slightly used will do" so much that it's my motto for Ebay sometimes. lol
Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Dick Enrico LMAO. That guy is a tool for sure!

http://www.2ndwindexercise.com/our-CEO.html

Last edited by Highway Boots : 11-16-2007 at 07:04 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Or what about the Menards guy. He looked like he was about to have a stroke every time he did a commercial. I think they had to take him off of tv because he looked too crazy. lol
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 PM

Ray passed away of cancer about a year ago. He was a good friend of my Grandpa's. But yeah, he did always look a little too excited hawking wood and power drills LOL
Old 11-17-2007, 02:58 AM
LFC

Egg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold out

I think this thread could use some youtube videos. I cant think of any right now, and the ones used on ours are used all over the country so they arent really local... anyway, Ill try and think of one and them get the video. Good thread.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Good I idea! Here's 2 of the companies.

Menard's Commercial

Dick Enrico Commercials <----Scroll down for the Brock Lesnar commercial
Old 11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
LFC

Egg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold outEgg McMuffin sold out

Are they not on youtube? That would be a lot easier. Just embed the video in the thread,then once its finished you get a whole load more videos that are similar, so you can view a load of videos called 'stupid commercials' without leaving this webpage... Ill have a look on youtube now.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg McMuffin View Post
Are they not on youtube? That would be a lot easier. Just embed the video in the thread,then once its finished you get a whole load more videos that are similar, so you can view a load of videos called 'stupid commercials' without leaving this webpage... Ill have a look on youtube now.
To be completely honest. I checked You Tube FIRST and they are NOT on there. Hence the reason for THOSE LINKS.

I'm beginning to understand why people don't like you.... BTW, McGriddles are much better!!!