WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The Prison
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default WWE versus TNA

Well it's time to get a little life going here in this dim world that we now occupy. Just because we are in prison does not mean that we have to bicker and get stale. So let's have a discussion. Which do you think will be a better compnay in the long run, World Wrestling Entertainment or Total Nonstop Action?

Here are my pros and cons.
WWE- Pros: WWE has the finances and exposure to pay anybody anything that they want to pay. They can afford to purchase TNA's entire roster and then send them on their way to hell with pay. They have the momentum, the ratings, and the sponsorship to begin competing with several major(lower tiered) sports. They are on top and don't look to be losing that any time soon.

WWE-Cons: The booking has become stale. I mean it's watchable, but what else is it? They are milking all of the older stars as much as they can and working them to death. These guys should be putting over the younger guys. The problem? The younger guys are not showing as much promise as the crop before them that included such guys as CM Punk and Johnny Morrison or the crop before that which was Batista, Orton, and Cena. The new crop of guys is too green or has bad gimmicks and so they have to overwork aging stars who are now injury prone. WWE's training grounds need to either be revamped or to rehire whoever was making the successful decisions when the last big group came out (aka Jim Cornette) So in the long run, WWE will have to turn to the indy scene for those seasoned guys who can make a change right? Wrong, WWE works a softer style and therefore the indy guys need to be retrained, which then takes away from skills that made them indy stars.

TNA-Pros: TNA is fresh and up and coming. They have some original stars who are nice to see and the stiffer style makes the moves look just that much more dangerous when you see them. I mean could you ever EVER think of seeing the Canadian Destroyer in the WWE? Not in this century. TNA also ha the six sided ring and some very original theme matches that I am sure that the WWE will try to copy. Hey, has anybody noticed that the WWE Ladder match playset from Toys R Us has the Ultimate X scaffolding in the ring? Hmmm. Well anyways, TNA is putting on some pretty good shows and are mixing the old guys and new guys well. Now while you need names at the top for legitimacy, to get Sting to job to Pacman Jones shows that you don't have any promadonas and lockerroom politics going on, which makes the company more appealing to guys from WWE who may be on the verge of breaking through but may be tired of that environment. The stiff style also makes it an easy jump for indy stars. So they can troll the trneches like ROH for their next big superstar and throw them on the main stage as quickly as possible.

TNA-Cons: Money. They only have a limited budget. And that is quickly getting used up by aging stars on the decline in their careers. Angle isn't as crips as he once was. Sting's muscles don't even pop when he flexes anymore. Hall and Nash walk like they just walked out of the early bird special. And I really don't want to see Jeff Jarrett when he comes back from sitting on his ass as I'm sure that he will make Ric Flair's physique look good. And the whole "Can You Dig It Sucka" thing will get a nice pop for Booker, but it's played out. And he can't use the King Booker persona. And what's with all the freaks? I mean it almost looks if TNA should be producing a show for Scifi with Abyss, Judas, Black Reign, and now Relik(yes we know it's killer spelled backward there Don West). And let's not bring up the announcing team. Now while I know that every announcing team needs a guy with a distinctively annoying voice, isn't he supposed to be a heel and disagree with the main guy alot? Don West is a face and Mike Tenay are both face announcers which means you have two guys saying the same thing? This really needs to be looked at. And while letting their guys do dates outside the company is a great way tyo let them make up for what TNA can't pay, it leads to disaster, as it did wit Judas Messias. This guy was going to get a big push and then got injured in Mexico right in the middle of their big angle. I mean I can understand lower tiered guys, but not the major stars. And while having indy guys is great, TNA needs to establish a training territory to develop the future stars rather than booking on the go.

So there's my two cents. I think that this can be a good discussion. So let's give it a try.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...

nice topic, i only read like 85% of it lol but u made alot of good points. ill give my pros and cons.

WWE PROS: money they got lots of it, prolly enough to buy tna if vince wanted to, and they have more then enough to buy any wrestler in the world they want. fan base, they have a huge fan base thats been put in place for 10 to 30 to 50 years, for those that are left you could have kids who grew up watching in the 80s who now have kids watching as well, tna hasnt been around long enough to get a fan base like that, though that wouldnt really be what makes it such a huge fan base. they get national tv shows SNME can really do alot, just like having one show around for 15 years can do alot as well. they also have more appeal as to guys like cena, austin, rock and so on that helped gain more fans via hollywood and tv commercials. the rest would be that they going all over the US and all over the world, something tna doesnt do. oh and also alot of guys in wwe got some mix skillz (y2j is light years better then what there is) but its one thing tna lacks.

WWE CONS: to much talk not enough wrestling, and they dont let good talent steal shows ala punk vs morrison, in most cases the best match on a ppv will be the main event, not because those wrestlers can put on the best show, but because vince makes a ecw title match with 2 solid wrestlers only last under 5mins or so. they also dont mix anything up like they should, you get the same old crap week after week and year after year. as in you dont se battle royals take place all year long (might se one on raw or sd) but RR is all u get, you might se 1 or 2 HIAC all year, and its always the main eventers, you get 1 diva match for every show, you get 1 ecw match per ppv. its all the same, nothing new. heck how about a HIAC or elimination chamber match for the IC or UC title?

TNA PROS: action! tna is way more about show then talk, there always mixing stuff up, and like they showed a few weeks ago there not scared to put an unknown in a big match (kaz vs christian & kaz vs kurt). and there not scared to put anyone in any type of match, be it ultimate X, a ladder match, cage match or anything. and last but not least tna is very creative, last new match wwe came out with was elimination chamber, that was like 5 years ago. oh ya and they got that great ecw feel from the mid-late 90s.

TNA CONS: impact is in the same arena all year, that can be good and can be bad, to even hope to get more fans put on more shows around the country. most PPVS are in the same impact arena too, all tna ppvs should be at different places, and in bigger places then where the impact is shown. there only on cable/satellite. they need to work hard and get a national show if only for one night a year, be it on fox, cbs, or w/e. and maybe take a page from UFC and put on a free ppv on spike, have a 3hr show with commercials only on after the match, not during it and of course put on huge matches. and who is suppose to be the face of tna? cena IS the face of wwe and everyone knows it, in tna who is it suppose to be? kurt? joe? christian? sting? styles? i think thats a real problem. in every era of wrestling each company had its face of the company wwf- hogan, nwa -flair, wcw- sting, wcw hogan, wwf hbk...wwf austin ect.. and so on. iv been watching tna for a good 5 months now and i dont really know who is tnas top guy lol. (iv heard its aj) but how can u call him the face of tna? cuz hes won some titles or been around for a while?

but w/e thats my 2 cents on it lol
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...Afro-Ameri-Spawn scored a win over Santino Marella...

You made some very good points my friend. The main problem with WWE is this. They are no longer hungry. Oh yes, they ant to make money, but they already have a great deal and therefore having a bad paying show won't effect them at all. They haven't been hungry since the Monday night wars when they were scraping to get back the money and revenue they were losing because they couldn't milk Savage, Piper, Hart, and Michaels after Hogan jumped ship. TNA IS hungry. Now is this a good thing or a bad thing? Well it's a good thing but in order for the TNA to flourish, they can never be the top company. They have to have something to chase. And they have played it wisely by getting WWE main event class second teir guys like Angle, Christian, and Booker T. Guys who have main event and world title credibility but who the WWE will wish they would have kept but won't miss. The worst thing that TNA can do is get their hands on someone who could cripple the WWE if they lost him. TNA doesn't need a guy to build the company around because they have alot of diversified talent that will keep the pool fresh and exciting. Plus TNA puts on very good matches and if a match is good at a ppv, then they usually repeat that match for the Impact show as well. So what does TNA need to make it? just like my friend Biohazard said, they need a national show. WWE keeps a stranglehold on it's stake with Smackdown, which is on a free station. Some cable providers still don't carry Spike and that only serves to hurt TNA in the long run, no matter what they do.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...bioshock is looking to come up from OCW...

ya your right tna is hungry, and wwe hasnt been for years, last time wwe ever looked hungry was during the monday night wars. as to you talking about tna getting someone then losing him. i think they lost that out by not getting goldberg or lesnar when they could of. those 2 guys would sell some tickets and get some viewers!

but i didnt know some places didnt carry spike.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Well Goldberg's asking price is and always has been rediculous. Lesnar doesn't want to go back to wrestling unless everything else in his life crumbles. Right now he has a fat UFC contract and that may be his thing for a while. if he loses in UFC alot, then expect to see him on TNA. Spike tv isn't in nearly as many homes as The USA network. But it does give the USa channel a bargaining chip if WWE ever tries to bend them over with the next contract offer. They can always elect to drop WWE programming and use TNA or ROH instead. And while USA and WWE may be buddy buddy right now, they still haven't forgotten that WWE left them high and dry years ago to go to TNN, which eventually became SPike tv.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 AM

WhatCripplesTheLegend? is looking to come up from OCW...

The Major conn about TNA wrestling is that Jeff Jarrett is lead booker. Just because he is the offsrping of a wrestling promoting legend constitutes him being a blue chip corner office jimmy swaggart mutha fucka? Je ne cais pa. I'm very much influenced by the recent Real Talk comments made by Konnan, naturally, but the man raises an extremely genius point: Does Jeff Jarrett watch South Park, 24 or CSI? No he watches NFL and Nascar. Two sports which in my opinion are the most boring in existence (yet the most popular??). If Dixie Carter was wise she would pay Paul Heyman whatever he wanted and let him become lead booker. Or for lack of a better example the next Paul Heyman, which is who fueled the Monday Night Wars in the first place.

The WWE is going nowhere, that's all there is to it. I see a lot of crying and cringing in here and it's all a result of one thing...aging. The world wrestling entertainment/federation is and always will be for children. Hence why we're so fed up with it, we relenquish the rattle but not the wrasslin'. Of course we've seen it all before, it worked, why fix it as the old attiage goes. I'd love to see TNA get a national television spot and instigate some rivalrous buisiness...because in the capitalist commune we all know that competition is not only healthy, it's down right necessity brother. Hence coke vs. pepsi.

That point kind of raises another in my mind which I will briefly elaborate on. I'm not one hundred percent certain so please correct me if you are, but coke and pepsi are owned by the same company. The fact that I can't say for sure is genius if this is in fact true. The WWE had the right idea in the brand split, but they didn't stick to their guns well enough. If they could isolate their own shows better, i.e. pull cross brand advertising altogether I think that would revive the company. Like Disney with Dreamworks, or the Rockafeller oil monoply gas company self imposed infrastructure. Anywho enough ramblin but lets keep it rollin, later!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

ya buble i know about lesnar in UFC, i watch more UFC then i do wwe & tna. i just cant wait to se lesnars 1st fight in feb. 08'. and i dont think lesnar loses much if any in ufc, hes just got the ncaa wrestling to back him up, most of the best in ufc right now are the ones with ncaa wrestling backgrounds.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

Yeah, plus they seems to shove the Ultimate Fighter guys down our throatsso much after each season that it brings down the skill level a bit overall. So Lesnar might match up well.

Okay, I got a question of interest. If you TNA could add ANY 3 guys, whether under contract somewhere or not, who would pick? Also, who would you avoid? Make sure to explain your answer as to why these people either make a difference or should be avoided.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Houston's Hometown Hero
WWE Diva's Champion

My answers:

To Add
Ric Flair- I know alot of you think that Ric Flair is washed up and on his way to retirement, but I could see him making a difference. Can you imagine the ratings of Ric Flair making his very last triumphant World title run in TNA? it would forever solidify him as being one of the greatest of all time, if not THE greatest.

John Cena- Now I know he annoys alot of people, but he gets attention. He's young, he's built, and he can work a match from start to finish. And he has mic skills, which is highly coveted in ANY organization. They could also revert him back to his Prototype gimmick if they wanted as WWE doesn't own the rights. Plus he can keep the same gimmick as WWE can't copyright his birth name.

Kenny Dykstra- Yes, I said it. Kenny will never get a break in the WWE after having been part of the Spirit Squad. And they can't talk about his title credibility without mentioning it. But Kenny could flourish in TNA. He can fly, he can sell, and he's very atheletic. I can see him helping to do for the X-Division what Samoa Joe did when they stated that the division has no limits.

To Avoid
Triple H- It's obvious that The Game could bring ratings anywhere he goes. Only problem is that WWE owns the intellectual propoerty and all right to "the Game", "Triple H", and "Hunter Hurst Helmsley". And I am afraid that John Paul Levesque sounds too much like JBL when you use the abbreviated form. And that's on top of all of the politics that comes with dealing with him.

Shawn Michaels- Yes, the SHOWS STOPPA should be avoided at all costs. He's on the decline, big time. And if you aren't Ric Flair, then my measuring stick for going to TNA includes this. If I can't piucture you in an Ultimate X match, then you don't belong here. Shawn's health is bad, and his attitude has been known to be worse and TNA has enough problems dealing with Angle, Hall, and Nash.

Bobby Lashley- The man is big. The man is buff. But he is still too green in the ring. And with the calibur of the matches that TNA puts on, Lashley would stick out like a sore thumb. I could have said many guys like Khali and Batista, but Lashley sticks out due to being young and still having many years left in his career. Obviously NCAA doesn't make you an automatic superstar in the professional wrestling world.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

hard to really say who should they get.. but ill give it a shot lol

ADD:

rey mysterio - he fits tna's high flying style perfect, and hes a big time well known star around the world.

RVD - another guy who fits the tna style, and he would bring in any ecw fans that aint fans of tna yet.

*shocking* lol bret hart - bring bret hart in as a part of tna management, like the role cornet has. hey id tune in to se bret.

AVOID:

john cena - sure the world knows him, but his in ring style does not fit tna, and it would just bring it down. maybe if he had a much bigger move set, maybe some high flying moves then yes.

HHH - he would want to just own the place, and call all the shots.

HBK - hes one of the best, and he has the style to fit tna, but he would be just like hhh, wanting everything his way.