WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Most Underrated Territory
Stampede 1 6.67%
Detroit 0 0%
WWA 0 0%
Southeastern/Continental 1 6.67%
ICW(Poffo) 1 6.67%
CWA-Memphis 1 6.67%
Southwest 1 6.67%
Pacific Northwest 5 33.33%
San Francisco 0 0%
Other 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 07:48 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for WWC because it's the last territory standing in the United States and they outlived both WCW and ECW.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...

and they killed Brody... so they don't get my vote!

In all seriousness, WWC is a unique place because P.R is a unique situation... not being an official state but a free state lends itself to their business, that the Colon's had ties to Vince all these years hasn't hurt either... but that territory still let a man die in their shower and the killer escape justice... so whether they deserve to still be there is another matter entirely.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:30 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's suprising that WCW never bother to invade Puerto Rico by sending their show Worldwide on local TV during the 1990s as another open territory and not leave it all to the WWF and WWC.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:11 PM

LibSuperstar is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor
I don't think it's "a new territory era" but I do think that WWE has realised that the old NWA model wasn't actually that bad... they're positioning themselves to be that umbrella with their network and performance centre.

Already they are doing bits with indy's around the world and it's quite conceivable that once the UK show starts that ICW is part of it. The NWA was often about promoters controlling the money, where now for WWE it's about the perception of being "THE" big name and having the pipeline to talent... the smaller companies will join up as its exposure means they get infront of far more eyeballs than they could otherwise and that will help fuel new recruits.

Ironic that Vince killed the territory system against his dad's wishes, now Trips seems intent on bringing it back with him at the helm for when Vince is gone...
Trips is a student of the game so it's not surprising.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:25 AM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Was reading an article this morning by Dory Funk, Jr. and his words of Don Owen brought to mind this thread, where Owen has been getting deserved praise:

"Don Owen was the fiery promoter in Portland. Don used to like to say he had a turkey farm with 10,000 turkeys and he could eat one turkey a day for the rest of his life so all the promoters in the NWA who might be upset with him could go "f" themselves, he could survive and would run his town like he wanted to. Percentage wise, Don was the best pay-off man I ever worked for. He ran his show in a remodeled bowling alley. One night I worked there and Don said, "Come with me, with all this cash someone may want to hit me over the head. As we drove away he said he had just made his last payment on the building. He owned it along with his turkey farm now and once again affirmed to me what all the other promoters could do. In the Portland Territory I faced Lonnie Mayne and Dutch Savage in world title matches."