WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2018, 06:08 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I did an experiment for this nxt takeover and went into it without watching any of the build up going into it and I've got to say that I did enjoy the show more then when I was watching NXT every week.

Having written that, here's my thought on this event

First of all, I really hated the crowd reactions at this event, for me it takes away from the story being told in the ring especially when they are cheering for the HEEL. No wonder nobody is able to get over on the main roster.

Now for the matches.

The opening match was really good and everybody gave a really awesome performance but if I have to not pick here, I thought the matches was a little too long for my taste. You could have taken at less five minutes of the match and it would have been better.

Ember moon vs shayna bayzler was good for what it was supposed to accomplish and now that ember lost the title, I see her making her debut on the main roster either at mania or the day after.

The tag title match was also really good but also serve a purpose in telling the story of strong joining the undisputed era and probably taking the authors out of NXT so they can debut on the main roster soon. Good match for all six guys.

The NXT championship was awesome and was pretty much a way to finally give allister is moment and it was well deserve. Nothing against andrate but I'm glad he lost the title because he pretty much the JInder Mahal of the nxt roster, by that I mean a guy that took the championship down just by being the champion.

The main event was the best way to end the show, that unsactionned match told a awesome and finally made me like gargano as a performer. Ciampa is a great heel and it help feel sympathetic toward gargano.

In the end, I feel that this was a successful experiment for me as I enjoyed the show way better that way, so I'm probably will continuing watching only the nxt takeover without watching the main show.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:41 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
The NXT championship was awesome and was pretty much a way to finally give allister is moment and it was well deserve. Nothing against andrate but I'm glad he lost the title because he pretty much the JInder Mahal of the nxt roster, by that I mean a guy that took the championship down just by being the champion.
Not really sure how you come to a conclusion like this, I get that everything is subjective but a comparison to Jinder Mahal just seems... not right. Jinder was a guy who just flat out shouldn't have been Champion. He didn't have the ability or the pedigree. Almas has always been a fantastic wrestler, the only thing he was missing was an ability to really connect with the crowd and get heat... until Zelina Vega came along and together they became one of the best acts in the company. Sure was his title win a little shocking and out of nowhere? Maybe, but not nearly to the level of Jinder. The shocking part wasn't that Almas became Champion, it was the timing of it all, many expected Drew to have a pretty lengthy reign, they didn't expect him to not even successfully defend it once at a Takeover. He put on a classic with Gargano in Philly, it's on the short list for greatest matches I've ever seen and then he followed it up with another stellar performance against Black last night. Jinder stunk up the joint on almost every single occasion and came pretty close to single handedly ruining Shinsuke Nakamura because of the two dreadful matches they had on PPV.

You admittedly don't watch much NXT TV and you haven't watched any in the lead up to New Orleans, if Takeover's are your only evidence to go by... HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY make the comparison between Jinder Mahal and Almas?
Old 04-08-2018, 03:48 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life Of Pablo Ren View Post
Not really sure how you come to a conclusion like this, I get that everything is subjective but a comparison to Jinder Mahal just seems... not right. Jinder was a guy who just flat out shouldn't have been Champion. He didn't have the ability or the pedigree. Almas has always been a fantastic wrestler, the only thing he was missing was an ability to really connect with the crowd and get heat... until Zelina Vega came along and together they became one of the best acts in the company. Sure was his title win a little shocking and out of nowhere? Maybe, but not nearly to the level of Jinder. The shocking part wasn't that Almas became Champion, it was the timing of it all, many expected Drew to have a pretty lengthy reign, they didn't expect him to not even successfully defend it once at a Takeover. He put on a classic with Gargano in Philly, it's on the short list for greatest matches I've ever seen and then he followed it up with another stellar performance against Black last night. Jinder stunk up the joint on almost every single occasion and came pretty close to single handedly ruining Shinsuke Nakamura because of the two dreadful matches they had on PPV.

You admittedly don't watch much NXT TV and you haven't watched any in the lead up to New Orleans, if Takeover's are your only evidence to go by... HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY make the comparison between Jinder Mahal and Almas?

I've been a avid watcher of NXT since it's started, i just stop watching after NXT Takeover Philadelphia because i was starting to get bored with the product i thought that maybe if i didn't watch the tv show until the next takeover then maybe i would enjoy takeover better. So i'm very familiar with almas work and i really wasn't impress with his work. My comparison between Almas and Jinder is base, first on their work prior to winning the title, which let's face it, they were both pretty much jobbers before winning the title even through almas won a couple of matches before getting the belt and secondly because the only reason both guys won the main belt was because the company had no other choices. Jinder got the belt because they wanted to break into india and Almas won the belt because Mcintyre got injured during their title match and they needed to call a audible. Jinder didn't do much with the belt and Almas either. While the quality of Almas matches were better, it's because of the quality of the talent he had to work with compared to jinder.

In the end, It's just my opinion but i don't see a star when i see almas wrestled, i see a midcard guy, but i do see a star with in Aleister and i'm glad that he beat Almas for the belt because the NXT title is back on somebody that look like a main eventer.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:22 AM

Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...Fillet Club is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
First of all, I really hated the crowd reactions at this event, for me it takes away from the story being told in the ring especially when they are cheering for the HEEL. No wonder nobody is able to get over on the main roster.
Quote:
The main event was the best way to end the show, that unsactionned match told a awesome and finally made me like gargano as a performer. Ciampa is a great heel and it help feel sympathetic toward gargano.
That would be a fair point if the crowd cheered each and every heel during the event. If anything I'd attribute it to excitement as to seeing the likes of EC3 wrestle his first match on NXT or Adam Cole winning his first title (the latter of which plays a 'cool' Heel, see NWO), they popped for Strong joining the Undisputed Era because they weren't expecting it.

For the main event, the crowd were on Ciampa's back for the entire match. That's some serious legit hate fueled heel heat, they didn't cheer him they booed him the SECOND he came out.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

NXT Takeover: New Orleans

I'm a bit late to the party on this post. I meant to get it up a long time ago but have been busy. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago the NXT brand held its major show of the biggest wrestling weekend of the year. The often asked question during these big weekends is will the developmental guys yet again steal the show? I expected them to do better than Wrestlemania itself and they sure did. The show looked great on paper and it went on to fully deliver a very fun night of wrestling action.

Adam Cole VS EC3 VS Killian Dain VS Lars Sullivan VS Ricochet VS Velveteen Dream [Ladder match for the North American Championship]
Excellent choice for an opener. The match was total chaos and everyone involved did a really great job. Any of them would have been believable in walking away with the North American Championship, a new title which looks really cool itself. They made the right call with Adam Cole winning. EC3 and Ricochet were impressive in making an impact. Dain, Dream, and even Lars impressed me in the match. Awesome stuff.

Ember Moon VS Shayna Baszler [NXT Women's Championship]
Weakest match on the card. I had my concerns going into the match that Shayna was going to win. I really don't like her and didn't think she was ready for a title win. Then again, Ember was better off getting the main roster promotion. Sane will surely take the title off Shayna soon enough.

Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne VS Authors of Pain VS Undisputed Era [Tag Team Championship]
This was the match I was least interested in going into the event. I wanted Dunne to defend the UK Championship instead of being involved in this. The match ended up surprising me. Strong made the heel turn that he needed several months ago. He was the most boring guy in NXT up until this point and he will fit in great with Undisputed.

Andrade Cien Almas VS Aleister Black [NXT Championship]
Good stuff by both guys here and the match accomplished what it needed to. Black winning was a good call.

Johnny Gargano VS Tommaso Ciampa
One of the best NXT matches I have ever seen. It had everything you could possibly want. Almost perfect. Having this close instead of the main title was one of the rare instances when it makes sense to do so. Anyone who has yet to see it should go watch it.

Overall Thoughts
Other than possibly Dallas, this is the best Takeover event so far. There isn't really anything I would change. The weakest match was the Women's Championship and even that wasn't bad. You can't go wrong with anything on this card and there was no way the main roster would be able to follow it with Wrestlemania. Loved this show.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:39 AM
WCW TV Champion

I'm haven't watch a single episode of NXT in 2018 outside the takeover specials, i thought maybe if i don't watch the show regularly then i might enjoy the specials more because i'm not going to be so focus on the character development of each wrestlers and will just take the matches for what they are.

At first, the first takeover i watch since i stop watching NXT was the new orleans one and i actually liked the show for what it was. Great matches and i was able to forget all about how the performers are booked on a daily bases. Then came Chicago, and sadly, i never was able to truly get into this one and i pretty much turn me off the NXT product for now. It's not that the matches were bad because they really weren't, it's that the results for the most part where predictable.

The tag title match was pretty much a long Jobber match since the undisputed era were facing 2 guys that were pretty much jobber for most of there run in NXT,

Ricochet and Velveteen Dream was a good match but again, you knew the outcome since Dream is pretty a jobber to the stars just like Tye Dillinger and Tyler Breeze we're before him.

Baysler vs Cross was again a really good match but you knew Cross wasn'T winning since she's probably on her way out of NXT.

Black vs Sullivan was again a solid match but again you knew that Black was winning this one since sullivan isn'T really connecting with the NXT audience and isn't ready for the top spot.

Chiampa vs Gargano was a great match but and generate a lot of reaction from the audience and was the only unpredictable match but i'm just getting tired of this feud at this point because it's pretty much the same match every single time and knowing were Gargano and chiampa will ended up when they get called up doesn't really help me get into this.

So in the end, i thing this is it for me and NXT. The might be popular for the Hardcore wrestling fans but it really doesn't do it for me anymore. When you watch a product and can figure out, A) the outcome of every matches and b) where these character will ended up on the main rosters, i feel it's time to just stop watching. If you like the product that's o.k. but NXT isn't for me anymore.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
I'm haven't watch a single episode of NXT in 2018 outside the takeover specials, i thought maybe if i don't watch the show regularly then i might enjoy the specials more because i'm not going to be so focus on the character development of each wrestlers and will just take the matches for what they are.

At first, the first takeover i watch since i stop watching NXT was the new orleans one and i actually liked the show for what it was. Great matches and i was able to forget all about how the performers are booked on a daily bases. Then came Chicago, and sadly, i never was able to truly get into this one and i pretty much turn me off the NXT product for now. It's not that the matches were bad because they really weren't, it's that the results for the most part where predictable.

The tag title match was pretty much a long Jobber match since the undisputed era were facing 2 guys that were pretty much jobber for most of there run in NXT,

Ricochet and Velveteen Dream was a good match but again, you knew the outcome since Dream is pretty a jobber to the stars just like Tye Dillinger and Tyler Breeze we're before him.

Baysler vs Cross was again a really good match but you knew Cross wasn'T winning since she's probably on her way out of NXT.

Black vs Sullivan was again a solid match but again you knew that Black was winning this one since sullivan isn'T really connecting with the NXT audience and isn't ready for the top spot.

Chiampa vs Gargano was a great match but and generate a lot of reaction from the audience and was the only unpredictable match but i'm just getting tired of this feud at this point because it's pretty much the same match every single time and knowing were Gargano and chiampa will ended up when they get called up doesn't really help me get into this.

So in the end, i thing this is it for me and NXT. The might be popular for the Hardcore wrestling fans but it really doesn't do it for me anymore. When you watch a product and can figure out, A) the outcome of every matches and b) where these character will ended up on the main rosters, i feel it's time to just stop watching. If you like the product that's o.k. but NXT isn't for me anymore.
Yet you love main roster bullshit with shitty storytelling! Hahahahaha
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
Yet you love main roster bullshit with shitty storytelling! Hahahahaha
Take the in ring stuff out of the NXT product and the storytelling is as shitty as the main roster, the only difference is that while the main rosters as shitty storytelling, they delivers with the big events unpredictable outcome like last night's Ppv instead of results you could see a mile away like takeover and matches that are way overbooked just to please a small section of the audience that gets off on Indy style wrestling.