WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Everybody ok now?

She didn't win. Carmella didn't cash in. Looks like we have a new partnership in Lana and Tamina. I'm not saying that it will be cutting edge tv or won't lead to Lana getting the belt but clearly this match was just a chance to piss some people off, give Naomi something to do, and take us to a new story. Lana may give Tamina a voice she could use or Tamina could give Lana some muscle.

But everyone can exhale now. It is over. The match happened, Lana lost. No belts changed hands, no cash in.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It never made sense to give her the title match. Without earning it. She just debuted in the title match. And then got another rematch. And then another rematch. A women division which boasts of Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch shouldn't be having Lana in a title match against Naomi. Alexa Bliss leaving Smackdown left a big negative impact on this division.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-07-2017, 05:43 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Lana was never booked to win, as a matter of fact it was almost a squash everytime, so still don't really understand why the whole thing was put together. I mean surely to God they could have done something just a little better.

Oh well it did accomplish a couple of things. It gave Naomi something to do for a couple of weeks, introduced Lana's in ring skills or lack thereof, and now Tamina has someone else to be a bodyguard for. In other words a dog and pony show that went nowhere.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Lana was never booked to win, as a matter of fact it was almost a squash everytime, so still don't really understand why the whole thing was put together. I mean surely to God they could have done something just a little better.

Oh well it did accomplish a couple of things. It gave Naomi something to do for a couple of weeks, introduced Lana's in ring skills or lack thereof, and now Tamina has someone else to be a bodyguard for. In other words a dog and pony show that went nowhere.
That's when Raw's Women Division has at least 3 interesting women now. And we have only Carmella (Big maybe) on Smackdown. A champion who is meh in both ring and mic department. A talking segment is going on in the ring but when this champion appears, we've to see her dance for a while first. Then she'll may be speak something. Extremely uninteresting title picture.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:05 AM

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
It never made sense to give her the title match. Without earning it.
It made perfect sense. In fact it was written in crayon on tv for all to see. Lana stuck her HEEL nose in a segment that had nothing to do with her asking to be in the MitB match. McMahon denies the request. Lana further talked HEEL trash to the champion. Lana, in her HEEL hubris says she can beat Naomi and Naomi being hotheaded and having nothing to do wants to fight Lana for what she did and said and is willing to put her title on the line. McMahon says she doesn't have to do it but agrees to it.

This was all very simple logical storytelling. If you didn't like it, that is fine but don't make it out to be something it is not.

Getting a champ to put their title on the line is earning a title shot. It's as much earning a title shot as being the one who can climb a ladder and grab a briefcase.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
It made perfect sense. In fact it was written in crayon on tv for all to see. Lana stuck her HEEL nose in a segment that had nothing to do with her asking to be in the MitB match. McMahon denies the request. Lana further talked HEEL trash to the champion. Lana, in her HEEL hubris says she can beat Naomi and Naomi being hotheaded and having nothing to do wants to fight Lana for what she did and said and is willing to put her title on the line. McMahon says she doesn't have to do it but agrees to it.

This was all very simple logical storytelling. If you didn't like it, that is fine but don't make it out to be something it is not.

Getting a champ to put their title on the line is earning a title shot. It's as much earning a title shot as being the one who can climb a ladder and grab a briefcase.
Do you remember why Money In The Bank match was actually set up for the women? To choose the No. 1 contender since The Welcoming Committee interfered in Charlotte's title match against Naomi. And then someone who hasn't even had a television debut match is made the No. 1 contender. I don't see any sense in that.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Do you remember why Money In The Bank match was actually set up for the women? To choose the No. 1 contender since The Welcoming Committee interfered in Charlotte's title match against Naomi. And then someone who hasn't even had a television debut match is made the No. 1 contender. I don't see any sense in that.
#1 contender is abstract. It does not mean that you get the next title shot. Getting a title shot does not mean that you are the #1 contender. Winning a case does not make you the #1 contender.

There are many ways to get to the title. Even boxing and MMA (real sports) don't go by some linear order to have title bouts. This isn't new to professional wrestling. Why are you holding the women up to a standard that the men have not lived by for as long as I can remember?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
#1 contender is abstract. It does not mean that you get the next title shot. Getting a title shot does not mean that you are the #1 contender. Winning a case does not make you the #1 contender.

There are many ways to get to the title. Even boxing and MMA (real sports) don't go by some linear order to have title bouts. This isn't new to professional wrestling. Why are you holding the women up to a standard that the men have not lived by for as long as I can remember?
Really? I'm not saying sarcastically. Actually asking?

I always thought that the No. 1 contender will get the next title shot. Or whoever gets the next title shot is the new No. 1 contender.

I know that winning MITB briefcase won't make you the No. 1 contender. But that's the story told on Smackdown. And I didn't like it. Just like I didn't like someone getting a title match before even debuting on TV.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Really? I'm not saying sarcastically. Actually asking?

I always thought that the No. 1 contender will get the next title shot. Or whoever gets the next title shot is the new No. 1 contender.

I know that winning MITB briefcase won't make you the No. 1 contender. But that's the story told on Smackdown. And I didn't like it. Just like I didn't like someone getting a title match before even debuting on TV.
I'm not sure why this bothers you. WWE has done things that sound screwed up for years with the title matches they book. This one at least had some story and build.

How did you feel this week with Heath Slater getting an IC title match? While he is clearly not debuting in ring I don't see anything in his recent wins and losses that makes him any more deserving than Lana.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

Talking

Quote:
I'm not sure why this bothers you. WWE has done things that sound screwed up for years with the title matches they book. This one at least had some story and build.

How did you feel this week with Heath Slater getting an IC title match? While he is clearly not debuting in ring I don't see anything in his recent wins and losses that makes him any more deserving than Lana.
Almost same about Heath Slater. But at least we have seen him perform before. Lana hadn't even had a debut singles match before getting the title shot. It's not about deserving either. Even if someone I love as wrestler would've been in place of Lana, I wouldn't have liked it either.