WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Kurt Angle: "I'm not going anywhere. I will retire in TNA."

In an interview with the UK Sun, Angle had the following to say:

Quote:
He talks about his future in TNA: "My contract comes up in August/September. I'm going to re-evaluate. But I am NOT going anywhere else. I will stay in TNA, I just need to see how much I'm going to be wresting for them, whether part time or whatever amount of time, but I'm very happy in TNA. A lot of my fans have been asking 'When are you going back to WWE?' but I will retire here. I'm very excited about the product, the company keeps growing and I like to think I've been a small part of it. I'm going to stick around and hopefully I'll do something part time when my contract is up. I think Dixie Carter and myself need to sit down and work it out. I'm not against even working every PPV. I just know that I can't continuously go on the road and wrestle hundreds of days a year. I'm not able to any more. Not if I'm to be able to perform the way they want me to."
Thoughts? Irrelevant and baseless whining about how he'll "retire in front of 50 people instead of 50,000"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Classically Charismatic
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Jason Scene sold outJason Scene sold outJason Scene sold outJason Scene sold outJason Scene sold outJason Scene sold out
Send a message via MSN to Jason Scene

Disappointing stuff from my perspective. Kurt is one of my favourite wrestlers(pointing out the obvious!) so for him to retire in a promotion I don't have any passion or interest in is pretty disheartening.

But, doesn't confirm anything for me. People say they'll do this or that in the wrestling industry, and most of the time go back on their word. I'll believe it when I see it.

For now, reports are still that his contract expires in August, so we'll see come then where Kurt Angle's allegiance lies when his actions speak louder than his words.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM

Slapjack3k is looking to come up from OCW...

Keeping his performances rare after this Angle/Jarret fued wraps up is a good idea. His bouts will have a "special attraction" feel to it if we don't see him in the ring for ages. I hope when he does retire, he maintains a presence backstage to give a few tips to some of the up and comers.

I just hope they stop doing these retirement angles with him.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Thoughts? Irrelevant and baseless whining about how he'll "retire in front of 50 people instead of 50,000"?
That's right on the money. I feel the same about Angle as I do of Sting; they've deprived themselves and their fans of the excitement of seeing them on the grandest scale of their profession. Yes, they have the right to work wherever they want to, but there are only a few performers who reach the pinnacle of their professions.....and these two guys qualify. What a waste to keep themselves in the minor leagues.

I suppose this will sound like sour grapes, but in Kurt Angle's case......fine. A few years ago, his announcement would have disappointed me, but I was watching him a few nights ago for the first time in a while. He looked heavier, older and slower, which is natural at his age. Let him retire in Dixie-land; it doesn't really matter anymore.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think he will retire in TNA, just like Ric Flair retired in WWE.

If Angle wants to retire in TNA I respect him for that. I consider Angle a TNA original, I know by most people's standards he's not, but in my book he is.

Angle helped put TNA on the map, and I don't blame him for wanting to retire their, but in my unprofessional opinion, I think he will be in WWE again one day. Even if its just to enter the Hall, he'll return.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 AM

pod_daddy is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow, posted in the TNA thread, and the only two replies are from TNA haters...

The way I see it, that would be about the smartest move Kurt can make. Yeah, he might get to dance one last time on The Grandest Stage of Them All, but then again, look at what happens to wrestlers who leave and come back. Booker T? Announcer. Kevin Nash? IF he's used again, it'll be as a prop, a backdrop, NOT as the lead. Has anyone even SEEN Nash on TV since his "surprise" entry in the Rumble?

No, Kurt can spend his twilight years in TNA, where he will make damn good money for the amount of work expected of him, he can stay relevant in storylines every time he DOES appear in the ring or on TV, and he can prolong his career as long as he wants, thanks to the lighter workload.

It's a no-brainer, as I see it.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM

tbp82 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that Sting and Angle have both already performed on the biggest stage of them all. Sting at Starcadde numerous time and Angle at mania numerous times. I think the thing people forget is that Sting Main Evented Starcadde against Hogan when WCW was the biggest wrestling company. So I don't see what Sting has left to accomplish. Same with Angle been in the ring with Rock, Hogan, Cena, Taker, HHH, Mick Foley, and Sting what else is left for him to accomplish.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

Kurt Angle certainly wouldn't be against wrestling a "McMahon" schedule in WWE, as he has alluded to here. What about for one night though, at the tail-end of his career coupled with an HOF induction? I'm sure Angle wouldn't rule that one out. It all goes back to the old pro-wrestling stand-by... Never say Never.

That said, I think Kurt Angle is sincere about finishing up his career in TNA. Depending on which side you believe, Kurt had some legitimate physical issues that WWE was simply not acknowledging by insisting that he maintain the same schedule he had been keeping. I believe this is the root of the matter in which he left and the fact the company essentially didn't care about his well-being didn't sit right with him. I'm sure there is still a LOT of anger and hurt feelings with Angle regarding WWE... wounds that I'm sure he's not too keen on re-opening.

I think Kurt Angle will be TNA's first legitimate "legend" that gave much to the company when he could still have made buckets of money working for WWE and gaining even more exposure. I believe Angle will have the last match of his active career in TNA, but I don't rule out his appearance in WWE sometime in the future... possibly in some sort of in-ring capacity.

Last edited by neildittmar : 03-10-2011 at 11:14 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

Well I find that a little disappointing although his tone could change in the next year or so. Ive always liked Kurt Angle and his ability in the Ring,he had a great run in the WWE and was sorry to see him leave the way he did.

I think guys like Kurt and Sting are kidding themselves as someone said earlier about Retiring in the Minor Leagues rather than go out on top with WWE. I guess I can respect his decesion,I don't like it but I can respect it a little bit.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
WZCW Grand Slam and
ECW Champion

ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...

So... wait. Kurt Angle, an all-time great and sure fire Hall Of Famer anywhere, decides to step down from the pinnacle of WWE's main event scene and spend the last of his glory days helping TNA become a major promotion, and people whine about it?! As a major Kurt Angle fan, I personally find what he's doing as the ultimate thank you to pro wrestling. This man stepped down from his post to elevate another company. NOBODY ever did such a thing. NOBODY. If you ask me, wrestling fans should thank him and shut the hell up about him returning to WWE. If he wants to stay in TNA, then good on him. Thanks a million, Kurt. Because of you, I discovered TNA and realized that there was more to pro wrestling than WWE and that there's more to wrestling than selling merch. I don't care where you are. You are an all-time great and I'm glad you gave me an alternative in pro wrestling.