WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Represents Team Canada?
Bret Hart 41 66.13%
Chris Benoit 33 53.23%
Chris Jericho 46 74.19%
Christian 12 19.35%
Owen Hart 5 8.06%
Lance Storm 14 22.58%
Edge 28 45.16%
Earthquake 3 4.84%
Killer Kowalski 3 4.84%
Abdullah the Butcher 2 3.23%
Robert Roode 2 3.23%
Petey Williams 3 4.84%
Val Venis 5 8.06%
Stu Hart 6 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default [Official] Team Canada Discussion Thread

This is the HQ for discussion on Team Canada.

This is a non-spam thread! If you wish to discuss Team Canada, who should be on the team, etc. please make sure you back up your point. Lists and one-sentence answers that do not contribute to the conversation will be warned.

Sigs will be available once the members of Team Canada are announced in mid-November.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Part Time Poster
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Bret Hart should be the captain of Team Canada. He is considered one, if not the best wrestler to ever lace up the boots and he has been in team environments in the past with the Hart Foundation (tag and stable) and the NWO.

Edge is another guy I think should get one the team. He has a large following here on WZ and has had big time success in the tournaments held on here. He has one close to 10 world titles plus double digit tag titles and multiple mid card titles. Plus he can work on a team. Plus he'll do whatever it takes to win a match.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is where the world will look. A nation of thirty-two million people that have characterized wrestling, not just as a form of entertainment, but as a way in which you live your life. Wrestling is not a joke to the people who still hold it in their hearts here. It is why we continue to watch the tapes that are marked "Stampede Wrestling" every time that we need to look back on our heroes.

This is a nation who brought the world Bret Hart. Bret Hart is often named the greatest technical wrestler of all time. He knew the ins and outs of the ring like it was his own bedroom. He could make anyone look incredible in the ring, and that is what a great wrestler does.

Bret Hart is the person who at one point made Owen Hart, his own younger sibling look as one of the greatest wrestlers in the business of the time.

Bret Hart is also the man, despite being on the greatest push of his life would put over his own brother in law, to make Davey Boy Smith seem like a real life hero in his own nation.

This is the man that created Stone Cold Steve Austin as the anti-hero that changed the world. You just have to look to Wrestlemania 13 for that.

No, this man is more than a wrestler. This man is an industry. He made every man he faced look like the greatest wrestler of all time. People question the selling power of today's wrestlers, like John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, and many others, and that is because of the simple reason. They hardly create opponents who are viable through their own actions.

No Bret Hart was not the tallest wrestler. He did not have the biggest biceps. He never told the crowd to give him a "hell yeah" or referred to his sex life in the ring. He inspired people. He is a hero in India, Germany, Great Britain, and to many Americans, not just his fans at home. No matter what the location of the arena, he will have fans cheering for him. He has lived a relatively quiet outside life, he never beat his wife, though they did separate. He never attempted suicide as a quick exit, despite the hard life he has lived after losing many people he loved. He lives his life, looking to stay happy.

The one negative I think people look to the most in Bret Hart's life is the "screw job" angle. If you try to pin that on Bret Hart to fault him, ignoring his work in keeping the greatest wrestling company in the world afloat, and putting over as many people as he could as stars, you are extremely fickle. If you question his drawing powers, instead question how well John Cena would draw if he was the only draw in the WWE, when there was another company that had more talent than his, better angles, and more flexibility.

Bret Hart didn't join wrestling to be rich. He joined because he loved his family and he loved the business. His dad needed help, so Bret, like many other sons in the world took the charge. He started in his dad's company not because he wanted to become a star, no, he did it to help his family, who had 12 children. He even started to represent his dad's business in Puerto Rico and later on the tours of Stampede Wrestling. He was put into the role because the love of his family.

And his love for the fans. I bet Bret Hart has 100s of memories that he can smile at, because he knew how many fans he has made happy. Yes, this is subjective, but as a little boy growing up in northern British Columbia, seeing Bret Hart was the biggest thrill of my life. I dreamed of one day having Bret's Glasses put onto my head, and even tried to make them out of camera film, just to be like him. He is my hero, and he is many people's hero around the world.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Wanker View Post
This is where the world will look. A nation of thirty-two million people that have characterized wrestling, not just as a form of entertainment, but as a way in which you live your life. Wrestling is not a joke to the people who still hold it in their hearts here. It is why we continue to watch the tapes that are marked "Stampede Wrestling" every time that we need to look back on our heroes.

This is a nation who brought the world Bret Hart. Bret Hart is often named the greatest technical wrestler of all time. He knew the ins and outs of the ring like it was his own bedroom. He could make anyone look incredible in the ring, and that is what a great wrestler does.

Bret Hart is the person who at one point made Owen Hart, his own younger sibling look as one of the greatest wrestlers in the business of the time.

Bret Hart is also the man, despite being on the greatest push of his life would put over his own brother in law, to make Davey Boy Smith seem like a real life hero in his own nation.

This is the man that created Stone Cold Steve Austin as the anti-hero that changed the world. You just have to look to Wrestlemania 13 for that.

No, this man is more than a wrestler. This man is an industry. He made every man he faced look like the greatest wrestler of all time. People question the selling power of today's wrestlers, like John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, and many others, and that is because of the simple reason. They hardly create opponents who are viable through their own actions.

No Bret Hart was not the tallest wrestler. He did not have the biggest biceps. He never told the crowd to give him a "hell yeah" or referred to his sex life in the ring. He inspired people. He is a hero in India, Germany, Great Britain, and to many Americans, not just his fans at home. No matter what the location of the arena, he will have fans cheering for him. He has lived a relatively quiet outside life, he never beat his wife, though they did separate. He never attempted suicide as a quick exit, despite the hard life he has lived after losing many people he loved. He lives his life, looking to stay happy.

The one negative I think people look to the most in Bret Hart's life is the "screw job" angle. If you try to pin that on Bret Hart to fault him, ignoring his work in keeping the greatest wrestling company in the world afloat, and putting over as many people as he could as stars, you are extremely fickle. If you question his drawing powers, instead question how well John Cena would draw if he was the only draw in the WWE, when there was another company that had more talent than his, better angles, and more flexibility.

Bret Hart didn't join wrestling to be rich. He joined because he loved his family and he loved the business. His dad needed help, so Bret, like many other sons in the world took the charge. He started in his dad's company not because he wanted to become a star, no, he did it to help his family, who had 12 children. He even started to represent his dad's business in Puerto Rico and later on the tours of Stampede Wrestling. He was put into the role because the love of his family.

And his love for the fans. I bet Bret Hart has 100s of memories that he can smile at, because he knew how many fans he has made happy. Yes, this is subjective, but as a little boy growing up in northern British Columbia, seeing Bret Hart was the biggest thrill of my life. I dreamed of one day having Bret's Glasses put onto my head, and even tried to make them out of camera film, just to be like him. He is my hero, and he is many people's hero around the world.
Seriously, I just read this and it made me smile. I am 100% in agrement with everything that TM just wrote. No one is beter suited to be the captain of the Canadian team than Bret Hart.

As for the rest of the team, where do we begin?!? SOOOO many greats came out of this country... TONS of former champions. Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, Chris Benoit, Owen Hart (shut up, IC), Rick Martel, the Rougeau Brothers, Jim Neidhart... man, my hands are getting tired. But you all get the point. They are the only country who's entire population has embraced pro-wrestling.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
They are the only country who's entire population has embraced pro-wrestling.
Whoa, totally untrue. Japan and Mexico have as well. In fact, while Canada respects it wrestlers as athletes (just behind hockey players and curlers), Mexico practically deifies it's wrestlers. Many of the top guys have gotten contracts to also be comic book superheroes because of their cultural impact. And in Japan? When Vader beat Inoki in 3 minutes, the arena seriously rioted!
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Quote:
Canada respects it wrestlers as athletes
Once again, I'm the victim of having a half-working brain and mis-wording my statements. This is what I meant to say.

The population of Canada respects professional wrestlers as athletes. Either way, it's still light years ahead of how the American people view pro-wrestling. The majority of the USA frowns upon almost every aspect of the sport. They completely discard the fact that pro-wrestlers are world-class athletes. However, residents of Canada think just the opposite.

Hopefully, that made more sense.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
WWE Women's Champion

The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...The Todd scored a win over Santino Marella...

So after reading the match ups, Team Canada picks itself.

Ironman match? Bret Hart. Yes, he lost the one he appeared in, and it wasn't a spectacular match, but there is no one better suited to the concept than him in the tournament.

Falls count anywhere? Edge. One of the finest gimmick wrestlers in history. He's been in just about every one, and his sick and twisted mind will not hold back. He will do whatever it takes.

Submission? Chris Benoit. One of, if not the, most ferocious looking submission finishers of all time. HHH even tapped out to it at WrestleMania.The man beat Kurt Angle in an ultimate submission match. He fits the bill perfectly.

Ladder? Chris Jericho. He created the MitB match. He has beaten Shawn Michaels in a ladder match.He beat Chris Benoit in a fantastic ladder match in 2001. It's Chris Jericho's playground, the ladder match.

The fifth member? I'm not even going to pretend I have an expansive wrestling knowledge so I'll leave it for people who are in the know. Those four, in those match types, though, makes Canada favourites in my book.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
Knockout Champion

Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Super Crazy worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Lance Storm should definitely be a major part of this team if not a co captain of sorts with Bret Hart.

Lance is one of the best to ever come out of Canada. He helped to build ECW and was a major part of their early days as the Impact Players with Justin Credible.

I would even have to go out on a limb here and say he is one of the best ring technicians ever. This man was amazing in the ring. He knew so many different moves and was great with each one.

One of his memorable moments was when he won the Cruiserweight, United States, and Hardcore Championship and renamed each of them. Nothing beats the Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title.

Plus who could forget " ... If I could be serious for a moment? "

He is truly underrated and definitely deserves a spot on this team.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Resistance is Futile. We are Borg.

DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...DigitalNight is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via ICQ to DigitalNight Send a message via AIM to DigitalNight Send a message via MSN to DigitalNight Send a message via Yahoo to DigitalNight Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalNight

Vamprio would make both a bizarre and talented 5th member if another suitable one could not be found. He had given his all to the world and pretty much paid the price for it over the years. He may not have been the most successful wrestler of all time, but his gimmick and attitude towards the business should make his claim in Team Canada.

Click Here For A Custom Image!

"We are inclined to believe those
whom we do not know because they have never deceived us."
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

I know we're all going to see Bret here, as well as a ton of other guys from that family.

But...What about guys like Brian Pillman and Lance Storm? There's no one they can't compete against, and they're among the greatest wrestlers ever, much less greatest Canadians. They'd add a much different dynamic to the team with their speed and high-flying, and would still keep in the technical base the team has.

I'm sure Will would eventually back Edge, but after this year's debacle with him, I say we keep him out by any means necessary.

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif