WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Represents Team U.S.A.?
Hulk Hogan 39 53.42%
Kurt Angle 44 60.27%
Steve Austin 19 26.03%
John Cena 15 20.55%
Jim Duggan 6 8.22%
Sting 11 15.07%
Lex Luger 3 4.11%
AJ Styles 14 19.18%
Shawn Michaels 22 30.14%
Rob van Dam 24 32.88%
Ric Flair 5 6.85%
Mick Foley 7 9.59%
Lou Thesz 8 10.96%
Dusty Rhodes 7 9.59%
Triple H 6 8.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default [Official] Team U.S.A. Discussion Thread

This is the HQ for discussion on Team U.S.A.

This is a non-spam thread! If you wish to discuss team U.S.A., who should be on the team, etc. please make sure you back up your point. Lists and one-sentence answers that do not contribute to the conversation will be warned.

Sigs will be available once the members of Team U.S.A. are announced in mid-November.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Part Time Poster
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...

Who other lead team USA than the Real American, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. The guy is the most well renowned wrestler ever. Hogan made wrestling cool and had a huge following of Hulkamaniacs. It is insane how popular Hulk Hogan was.

Another name I'll throw out there is Sting. The guy was IMO the face of WCW and easily the best wrestler to never wrestle for Vinnie Mac. Sting and Hogan go back to there days of WCW and can work together. They would be a nice one two punch for the good ole USA.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 PM

the troop is looking to come up from OCW...

I think, without a doubt, Hulk Hogan should be Captain of team USA. He almost single handedly launched wrestling into mainstream. Who knows if wrestling would even be relevant if the Hulkster wasnt around. When people talk about who is the greatest wrestler of all time, Hulk Hogan is definitely a contender.

I think a great representative of Team USA is the Real American Hero Kurt Angle. Talk about representing your country, he won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling with a broken frickin neck. Who would do that for their country? Kurt Angle would. His in ring agilities is matched by very few, and his intensity, intelligence, and integrity is matched by no one. It could be argued that Kurt Angle is the best athlete that the United States has to offer. Kurt Angle should be a shoe-in for a position on Team USA. Oh its real. Its DAMN real.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

I will really, really, REALLY be pushing Hacksaw Jim Duggan to make this team.

Now, a lot of people like to look at him as a joke, but those are just mostly ignorant youngsters.

There are very few who could get the crowd fired up better than Jim Duggan in the history of this business. Very few. And when you look at it... it was all because of his patriotism and love for his country. Sure, he was a great worker back in the day (if you haven't seen his work from Mid-South, than do so immediately and educate yourself), and he was just a goofy, lovable Teddy bear, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, ever got the crowd to chant the three letters "U-S-A" as frequently and as loud as the Hacksaw did and even still does to this day. He definitely deserves to be on this team.

I also agree with the picks of Sting, Hogan, and Kurt Angle.

Steve Austin, John Cena, and Shawn Michaels are 3 other names I would like to throw out there as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
WZCW Veteran
WWE Diva's Champion

Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...Baller worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Here are my 5 names
1. Hulk Hogan - He is the true resemblance of the U.S.A. Wrestler. He represents his country well and is probably the most famous name in wrestling.

2. Kurt Angle - Already a former Olympic gold medalist deserves to be in the wrestlezolympics. He is one of the best technical wrestlers of all time.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin - he is a great american wrestler and as well as being one of the famous members in U.S.A Wrestling and deserves a spot

4. Brock Lesnar - Yes I know it sounds a little crazy but when he was a wrestler everybody thought he was the next big thing and he was. He was unbelievable in the ring

5. John Cena - No team USA can not have John Cena on it. The Marine. He is the wrestler of the PG Era of the WWE, and is the #1 face in the biggest company in the World

credit to Red Skull!
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
I will really, really, REALLY be pushing Hacksaw Jim Duggan to make this team.

Now, a lot of people like to look at him as a joke, but those are just mostly ignorant youngsters.
jmt, as we all know, I'm far from being an ignorant youngster. But besides the fact that Duggan is extremely patriotic, what benefit will he be for a team in these olympics?!? He's a pathetic joke to the wrestling world. His popularity and patriotism isn't going to carry him through a ladder match, a falls count anywhere match, a submission match, or any other kind of format. There are FAR too many other deserving choices for spots on the USA Team, and being a member of this country, I'd be embarrassed to have Duggan take one of the FIVE spots that are offered here.

Now, as for team captain, if Hulk Hogan doesn't take the position then I'm going to cry bloody murder. He is the epitome of everything that explains representing your country as a professional wrestling powerhouse. As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to wait for IC to announce the team captains... I'm going to proclaim that Hogan is the leader of team USA and I doubt anyone would disagree.

As for the rest of the team, the talent pool is endless. Undertaker, Sting, AJ Styles, HBK, John Cena, Triple H... this will be the hardest team to choose from. But, they're definitely going to be the team that is most expected to win this thing.

I'm eager to see USA take on Canada... this is gonna be a SLOBBERKNOCKER.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The D-Man View Post
jmt, as we all know, I'm far from being an ignorant youngster. But besides the fact that Duggan is extremely patriotic, what benefit will he be for a team in these olympics?!? He's a pathetic joke to the wrestling world. His popularity and patriotism isn't going to carry him through a ladder match, a falls count anywhere match, a submission match, or any other kind of format. There are FAR too many other deserving choices for spots on the USA Team, and being a member of this country, I'd be embarrassed to have Duggan take one of the FIVE spots that are offered here.
I know you're not an ignorant youngster when it comes to professional wrestling, but obviously you haven't watched too much Mid-South wrestling, have you? Because if you had, I don't think you would have this opinion.

The fact is, Duggan was anything but a joke in his prime. He was a man loved by the fans more so than anyone in his respective company (which was one of the largest territories in the US at the time and the only person who matched Duggan's in popularity there was JYD), and he kicked ass every single week against some of the biggest names this business has had ever to offer, such as Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog, One Man Gang, Magnum T.A., Terry Gordy, Buzz Sawyer, and plenty of others. Not to mention the fact that he won the very first Royal Rumble in history, and has plenty of other huge wins under his belt in both WWE and WCW.

To me, Duggan just screams "USA" more so than any other professional wrestler in the history of this country. To judge Jim Duggan just as the goofy guy in WWE or the man who taped his fist in WCW would be equivalent to judging Jerry Lawler just based off his WWE career as a commentator.

But I do understand if people don't want him to be a starter, but an alternate? He most definitely should get thaat. I mean, seriously, just look at it this way.... could you think of a better mascot than Jim Duggan, anyway?
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm with everyone else that thinks Hogan should be the team's "captain". Angle also is practically a shoe-in, as he is an American gold medalist. Sting would be a good choice, as would guys like Macho Man, Jack Swagger, Terry Funk, and RVD.

RVD and Macho Man are both phenomenal athletes, and would do great in an Olympic type atmosphere. Terry Funk would be my choice for the Wrestling events. He's just a legend. There's really no arguing it.

Why Jack Swagger, you ask? He's the All-American American. He's a natural athlete, and it would be interesting to see some of the debate involving him in a wide array of events...

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hmm, just another team for Canada to have to beat I guess. Think Canada already proved its worth as we took on the Americans in the final eight spots of the WrestleZone Tournament, but I guess you want a rematch, this time for Gold medals. Hogan and Austine are great I guess, But neither hold a winning record against Team Canada's potential captain. If you wanted a fair shot, I think you would have to put Michales at the top.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Sliced Bread...............

markmeout is looking to come up from OCW...

My choice for team captain would no doubt be the man that imortalized wrestling, I'm not talking about the merchandise man, I'm talking about Rick Flair. He won 16 world heavyweight championships. He put on some of the best matches ever in the history of the buisness. He won a royal rumble, hes a triple crown winner, he's in every single hall of fame there is, he won so many wrestling observer newsleter awards and pwi awards back when the magizine meant something, he was the founder of the horsemen, he was the head of evolution, and his theme song and the woooooo can still be felt by all true wrestling fans oh and his strut too. Flair is without a doubt the best american wrestler.

Others on this team has to be tripple h, stone cold steve austin, sting, hulk hogan, the rock, undertaker, HBK, and hacksaw jim duggan do to their resume and popularity and well hacksaw has awalys been the symbol of america in my mid when it comes to wrestling.
sendpm.gif