WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone > Wrestling Spam Zone Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM
HeenanGorilla HeenanGorilla is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 437
HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Castration of Wrestlers - Whose Fault?

I see this article about Randy Orton needing 12 stitches after Money in the Bank and, as an old school fan, it sickens me. Getting 12 stitches is newsworthy??

This got me thinking of the reason why such a footnote of years passed is now a major deal.

Could it be because we are in a more kid-friendly, image-conscious, PG Era?
Could it be that any little, irrelevant matter that even sniffs at being wrestling-related is reported here as news?
Could it be people actually care about such things?

I take nothing away from Randy Orton. Hell, who would want 12 stitches? But to report it and leave it as an "eye-catching" story all week...it takes the balls out of wrestling and wrestlers. (Spare me your sports entertainment nonsense)

I realize that this site is paid by article clicks...which is why after a title change we get an article reporting results, then an article saying there is a new champ and then an article asking "Who is the new champ?". Three articles to tell us one fact. And I'm sure most of you click each and every one, so I can't blame them for profiting off you dopes.

But, for the non-dopes out there, why did wrestling lose its balls? I wonder what Abdullah the Butcher or Bruiser Brody or any of those guys would think about an article reporting a wrestler getting stitches. A broken bone? Something else that would require time off? Sure maybe. But stitches?!?

I guess making these guy look like wusses is ok, as long as you get people to click on your article of groundbreaking journalism.
sendpm.gif
  #2  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Con T.'s Avatar
Con T. Con T. is offline
Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Under Your Armour
Posts: 921
Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default

When I want opinions on blood in wrestling, Abdullah the Hepatitis Hippo is the last person I'm going to for an opinion
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
there are occasions where violence against women is the right course of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I am a bottomless pit of wad.
sendpm.gif
  #3  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:28 AM
George Steele's Barber's Avatar
George Steele's Barber George Steele's Barber is offline
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,762
George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default

Great point OP. I never thought of this before but you are right. Back in Butcher and Brody's heyday I never saw a single internet article that mentioned any injuries they may have endured.

Keep up the great work. This topic is really threadworthy.
__________________
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
  #4  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
El Killjoy's Avatar
El Killjoy El Killjoy is offline
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwestern, Puerto Rico
Age: 26
Posts: 3,656
El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...
Default

Because Bruiser Brody was killed for being an unsafe prick. Did you ever stop to think wrestlers depend on their health greatly for their job?

Randys injury is an eye-catching story because it was complete and total accident. Not a planned spot. Meaning there was no safety to that ladder that randomly fell on its head. Wrestlers still have balls. They just also grew a brain and realized that martyring themselves isn't worth it.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #5  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:11 PM
BaconBits's Avatar
BaconBits BaconBits is offline
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Age: 40
Posts: 540
BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

He got busted open the hard way. That's why it was a big deal.
sendpm.gif
  #6  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
TootsieBear's Avatar
TootsieBear TootsieBear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 108
TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...TootsieBear is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Because Bruiser Brody was killed for being an unsafe prick. Did you ever stop to think wrestlers depend on their health greatly for their job?

Randys injury is an eye-catching story because it was complete and total accident. Not a planned spot. Meaning there was no safety to that ladder that randomly fell on its head. Wrestlers still have balls. They just also grew a brain and realized that martyring themselves isn't worth it.
I have always heard Bruiser Brody was murder for no reason. I would like to know why you say that about him. Because I have only read about his death in Mick Foley's book, and how Bruiser Brody was pointlessly murdered.
sendpm.gif
  #7  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Poop Master Flex's Avatar
Poop Master Flex Poop Master Flex is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 31
Posts: 1,974
Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

I don't think wrestling has lost his balls. WWE did the day that Chris Benoit went all apeshit but then again it was either that or go out of business, being a publicly traded company doesn't help matters either. Even if WWE wanted to go in a non PG direction that would take a hell of a lot of convincing for it to happen.

All in all the reason this became a news story is because of 2 reasons:

1) Seeing that much blood isn't something that fans see every day.
2) He was opened up the hard way

Also with Orton being opened up I've so far heard 2 very different reactions. A lot of fans are praising that he finished the match while others are feeling he should have stopped because of the whole concussion thing. It's not just wrestling, society in general is much more sensitive to these type of things, everyone bitches about everything.

Take an awesome movie like Django for example, how many people shit on that movie because it pulled no punches and instead of going the conservative route? At the end of the day it's a movie, who gives a shit but tell that to the sensitive types out there.

To answer your question wrestling didn't lose its balls, society lost its balls and WWE had to follow suit.
__________________


Make Dimension X great again!
sendpm.gif
  #8  
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
El Killjoy's Avatar
El Killjoy El Killjoy is offline
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwestern, Puerto Rico
Age: 26
Posts: 3,656
El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieBear View Post
I have always heard Bruiser Brody was murder for no reason. I would like to know why you say that about him. Because I have only read about his death in Mick Foley's book, and how Bruiser Brody was pointlessly murdered.
He had a knack for disobeying bookers ignoring spots called by other wrestlers or refs, wrestled very stiff and would go into business for himself even on camera. Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked. Its why the murderer was never charged. Even if that was bullshit in itself.

Look up a match between Brody and Lex Luger in steel cage with Bill Alfonso as the ref. They both tell the story of how Brody simply stopped cooperating mid-match because he was a babyface in that territory but for a different promotion.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #9  
Old 07-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Poop Master Flex's Avatar
Poop Master Flex Poop Master Flex is offline
Registered User
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 31
Posts: 1,974
Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
He had a knack for disobeying bookers ignoring spots called by other wrestlers or refs, wrestled very stiff and would go into business for himself even on camera. Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked. Its why the murderer was never charged. Even if that was bullshit in itself.

Look up a match between Brody and Lex Luger in steel cage with Bill Alfonso as the ref. They both tell the story of how Brody simply stopped cooperating mid-match because he was a babyface in that territory but for a different promotion.
Interesting. I heard it was because he was trying to take over WWC and the people running it took exception.
__________________


Make Dimension X great again!
sendpm.gif
  #10  
Old 07-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Uncle Sam's Avatar
Uncle Sam Uncle Sam is offline
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 1973
Location: Already In The Ring, London
Age: 25
Posts: 7,608
Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...
Default

I too miss seeing wrestlers' balls. Just, man, their balls. I wanna see balls. Why, often times when I'm watching oiled up men rub against each other - in between accepting awards for best chest hair, tearing tree trunks out of the ground and asking questions of people while simultaneously calling them names for some reason - I'll point out the actually non-existent difference between 'wrestling' and 'sports entertainment.' The main difference, presumably, is the lack of balls. And hepatitis. Many of the beautiful women in attendance will often spontaneously break out into applause.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices