WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 AM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE66 View Post
I wouldn't say it's an albatross, but I will admit it does get a bit stale after awhile.

I think what they could do to freshen things up is to open up the Mania stip to other titles, like the Intercontinental or the United States title. If they did that, that would open up more possibilities for potential winners and give those who haven't become main eventers a chance to shine for their self. Like, say you have Chad Gable win the Rumble; Shane could give him a choice, you can either challenge for the tag team titles, the United States title or the WWE title. Some people will go for the tag team titles, some will take the secondary title and some will go for the main belt. It opens up the chance for even more options and makes the Royal Rumble even more unpredictable than it ever was before.
That's dumb.

Everybody, and I mean, Everybody, would pick the main title (WWE or Universal Title).

Why would anyone turn down the chance to headline Wrestlemania, and maybe leave as the top guy at the biggest card of the year?

It lacks credibility.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:38 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would actually allow pinfall and submission eliminations. You can see it in Japanese multi man battle royals and it works surprisingly well in my opinion. There are after all multiple referees around the ring. It would allow for so much more creativity. For example multiple people piling on Braun to try and get him down for a pin, or have him break out of it, showcasing his strength. There would also be actual logic for using your finisher in the match.

Or perhaps enforce this rule only for the final two. I dunno watching two guys throwing each other over and over attempting to eliminate one another isn't exactly enthralling, there's only so many ways you can toss a guy over the top rope. Of course they can still do that, but the point is that they would have other options.

Oh and before you all shit on me, did you really want another post saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? The OP wanted potential changes and I've given one.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ヒュー G. レックション View Post
I would actually allow pinfall and submission eliminations. You can see it in Japanese multi man battle royals and it works surprisingly well in my opinion. There are after all multiple referees around the ring. It would allow for so much more creativity. For example multiple people piling on Braun to try and get him down for a pin, or have him break out of it, showcasing his strength. There would also be actual logic for using your finisher in the match.

Or perhaps enforce this rule only for the final two. I dunno watching two guys throwing each other over and over attempting to eliminate one another isn't exactly enthralling, there's only so many ways you can toss a guy over the top rope. Of course they can still do that, but the point is that they would have other options.

Oh and before you all shit on me, did you really want another post saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it"? The OP wanted potential changes and I've given one.
Thank you! Obviously, I feel it is "broke" or I wouldn't have asked the question. To be clear, some of the posters have expressed their opinion that it is not broken, and that is perfectly fine. But, that one guy with his "Don't change something just to change it." clearly missed the point...or didn't read my post. I am not changing anything "just to change it". I see a need for change, which is why I asked for ideas. If you feel it is fine the way it is and want to add to the conversation by explaining why, that is great. But it always amazes me how people with no constructive response--either in agreement or disagreement--feel the need to respond to something for which they have no use. If you think the Rumble is fine and have only a few words to explain why...why respond? Then again that same guy ended his response with "That has always worked and always will", proving his ignorance.

I like the idea of different forms of elimination. That could be a fun idea to play around with and invite a healthy debate on why pinfalls, submission, etc. would work--and at what point in the match or under which circumstances this would be allowed. Maybe with a maximum number of contestants in the ring? Let's say they make a rule where, like you said instead of waiting for one of two guys to throw the other over the top rope, pinfalls are allowed with only 2 guys in the ring. Then you could have an exciting moment where, maybe say Matt Hardy has just taken the other wrestler's finisher as the buzzer sounds. As the ref gets down to count the pin, the next entrant (Jeff Hardy) comes flying down to the ring...with maybe a Billy Gunn-type slide across the apron...meaning the ref has to stop the count because a 3rd man is now in the match and the pinfall option is no longer allowed. Things like that...new ideas.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

It's difficult to come up with changes to the Rumble match because the prize for winning is, in kayfabe, literally the biggest reward you can get. A World title match in the main event at Wrestlemania. The thing that everybody works their entire careers for. I'm also in the camp of "if it ain't broke", but I'm also kind of biased because the Rumble match is admittedly my favorite match of the year every year. But I'll throw something out there just for the sake of this thread.

The Rumble winner gets a World title match whenever he wants it from then until Mania. Unlike the MITB concept though, the winner has to either make his intentions clear at the beginning of the show, a week in advance, a month in adavance, etc., or the champ has to accept his challenge. He can't just come out after the champ's already been in a grueling match and demand a title shot. I think it would be pretty cool to see somebody win the Rumble match and immediately grab the microphone and challenge the champion right there. Or insert himself into a Mania title match that has already been made.

I like the concept they have now a hell of a lot better of course, but the OP asked for a change and that's the best I can come up with.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I'm in the "I like it camp" but have one foot in the "don't like it camp". Kind of tired of the way it sets up Mania, and gives too many people the chance to bitch and complain if they don't like the winner.

As for the idea of submissions, it's an out there one as no referees are actually in the ring, so you'd have to have some guy ready to jump in and do the 1-2-3 count. If he's slow then that wouldn't work.

I do like OKYK's idea of the winner getting a title shot before Mania better. If that happened though you'd have to move the Rumble up to October or November. If they still held it in January, then the winner would only have a 2 month window to claim his shot at the title. Gotta give him more time. So maybe shuffling around the PPV calendar wouldn't be a bad thing either.

The problem with the last few Rumble's is we knew the outcome before it happened. When Batista won a couple of years ago, fans were irate because here's a guy who came back after 4 years and in one match wins the main event at Mania. Plus you had the Daniel Bryan factor in that Rumble as well.

The following year, it was Roman Reigns turn to be boo'd because by then the fans had turned on him. Again the Bryan factor came into play. The next Rumble was again all about Reigns, and his heroic comeback got them going again. HHH winning put an end to all that. Last year Orton winning it was the best of a bad option.

So the last four Rumble's have been a bit of a letdown. It's always been an established star who has won. It's time to give the undercard a push or a shove. Already there is talk of Lesnar dropping the belt to Reigns at Summerslam then going on to win the Rumble and face him at Mania. So not only does the Rumble kind of suck, it makes the main event at Mania kind of suck as well.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:25 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

The Royal Rumble is and always has been my second favourite wrestling event of the year second only to Wrestlemania, I would hate to see it changed to something else as I don't think its ever gotten stale, Only thing I would change about it is the guaranteed Wrestlemania title match as I do think it limits the potential winner and does make it rather predictable, Would rather see an anyone can win it type situation, I don't think the title match is needed as winning it should be prestigious enough, The first couple had Jim Duggan and Big John Studd winning them I could never see that happening especially with other big names like Hogan, Andre, Savage and Dibiase more favoured to win so seemed way more exciting back then.

I do think a female one like some has mentioned would be a good idea though as theres now a large enough female roster to make 30 if they do add in a few surprise entrants like former divas and NXT wrestlers.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

Nah, I like the concept. World Title Shot at Mania? Absolutely. I also think it helps WWE see who is most over (see Bret Vs Lex, Cena Vs Batista, Taker Vs Shawn for examples). Love the RR concept.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Nope. The Rumble is a classic and classics never die. The concept is great, the match is always entertaining. It needs nothing.

It only needs to be more unpredictable. They did well this year. Nobody would have ever guessed Orton was going to win, if they hadn't ready the dirt sheets.

And it needs more legitimacy. For example, you can't have another Del Rio to win and open Wrestlemania. The winner of the Rumble should have the top match at Wrestlemania and main event the event.

Those are the only things the Rumble needs.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 AM

tomthebodz is looking to come up from OCW...tomthebodz is looking to come up from OCW...

I really don't think that it needs changing. The only thing that might mix things up a bite is that once there's only 2 people left I'd like to see it go down to a pinfall/submission to get the win.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:20 PM

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think more than the stipulation, the whole "Winner gets to main event WM" part is the issue. There have been cases where the winner is in the first half of the show. This year, Orton won, but Roman/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar had matches after him. Either avoid having such guys in the Rumble (which will impact the star-value of the Rumble) or atleast have the winner in one of the more prominent WM matches.