WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-11-2017, 02:28 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

There a couple of new developments in this thing making the rounds today. This is from a report via wrestlinginc.com.

Before the audio came out, Paige took to Twitter and blamed the incident on a woman who threw a drink on Alberto after asking for a photo. That woman spoke with Heavy.com and called the allegation "completely false." The fan noted that Alberto "reeked" of alcohol as he chased after Paige inside the airport.
While arguing on the airport tram system, an emotional Paige reportedly screamed that Del Rio had been doing cocaine for "two days straight" and she called him abusive, according to the witness. The woman said, "They were arguing back and forth, screaming at each other."

The woman, who lives in the Tampa area, was dropping her mother-in-law off at the airport when she saw Paige outside of a restaurant close to the entrance of a terminal. Paige looked "upset" while on the phone with someone, pacing back and forth with tears in her eyes. The woman admitted to discreetly trying to take photos of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone. Paige apparently noticed her and walked back into the restaurant as one of the four people at her table walked out, presumably to check and see if she was still there. Paige suddenly came storming back out of the restaurant "crying and yelling." Alberto, who was visibly soaked in liquid, chased after her as she went to the nearby tram system.

The woman followed the argument and was one of the only people on the tram with the couple as their argument grew louder. "He was soaked and she was saying, 'You're such an abusive husband, I hate you. You've ruined my life, you've ruined my career,'" the woman said.
The couple continued their argument for a short while on the tram as Patron allegedly said, "Check her bag, she's got all the coke in it, it's all hers."
That is when the witness pulled out her phone again and tried to record the argument, which is where the TMZ audio came from.
Paige did note on Twitter that she received some bad news about the health of her uncle on Sunday. The witness believes the argument started because Alberto said something negative about the uncle. The witness said, "From what I gather, he said something like, 'I hope your f--king uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out."
After the audio stops, the woman said she stayed along with Paige and asked if she needed any assistance. She said airport police with a K-9 then stopped Alberto because they could smell alcohol on him.

A second development, well sort of, is that Paige's brother, Zak Bevis, posted a statement on his Facebook page today stating:

"I've got too say I'm very worried about my sister. Please keep a eye on her, she had one Prick Known as brad Maddox who took advantage of an 18 year old girl. Physically and mentally abused her. And now she's with a control freak who think he's a tough guy cause he's beats my sister and has money too cover his tracks.

"I love my sister she will end up like Whitney Houston or Amy Winehouse...please share this,,I want the world to know that i care about my lil sister.....everyone keep an eye on her...you'll be angry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the Knights."

As to whether or not the claims of this alleged female witness are true or not, we can only guess. When it comes to her brother's comments, it's hard not to be sympathetic as many of us, I'm sure, have had someone in our lives we care about take a destructive path in life. Zak Bevis is someone who'd be in the know, so this isn't something like a friend of a friend who knows a mutual friend said this or that. It sort of treminds me of a message their mother put out a good while back; I don't remember exactly what it said, it was in response to Paige failing a WWE drug test and rather than condemning WWE, as I initially figured she would, it came across more like a plea for her daughter to get help with her "demons." I remember distinctly that she typed "demons" in the response and that's what stuck with me and had me thinking that Paige was having some sort of issue either with drugs or was in an unhealthy relationship.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:33 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not sure if it is necessarily appropriate to comment on the functionality of their relationship, but I'll just say that this doesn't look very good for either of them. We've all joked about it, but something like this goes beyond all the idiocy that we thought this relationship was about. I don't necessarily feel sorry for Alberto if the domestic violence and cocaine usage is proven, but I feel sorry for them both to have to deal with this with the world watching through slimy tabloids. Then again, the airport isn't the best choice of venue to have your breakdown.

I see some people saying that Alberto will be fired. Now, I feel as if he SHOULD be fired, and if I was TNA/GFW, then I wouldn't want this to be the guy I count on to lead my company into new beginnings. BUT, look at past events that have happened involving these things. Austin did some terrible things. And he stayed number one in the company. Jeff Hardy was absolutely whacked at one point in his last TNA run and they ultimately stuck by him. Alberto may be no different, he may actually be safe. It would be morally wrong, but there you go. GFW may need him too much.

Having said that, they really didn't need hindsight to see that Alberto might have been bad news in the making. For all his talents in the ring, Alberto is also well developed in the art of drunkenness and saying stupid things about the wrong people, burning many bridges in the process. This and drug use of the worst kind is not a business man or world champion. Further, this relationship with Paige, of which we really don't know the in's and out's, has always seemed unstable and with it hasn't carried much good news anyway. Perhaps Jarrett should have been a little more wise, but I don't own a wrestling company.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

My god...

Yeah, I think that just about confirms it. Del Rio's been abusing Paige. And if that's the case, then he needs to be fired. I'd go as far as to say he should be fired ASAP.

But as Perfect Max said, GFW may wind up needing him too much and he might end up staying anyway. You can never be sure with these things.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 07-11-2017, 04:52 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It is crazy because in my first post I made the joke about him doing too much Coke. Thing is, Del Rio Patron looks like a coke head - this is to no surprise to me that this happened or is happening. Sadly, both Paige & Del Rio are in a mess of a relationship. Both are on their way out and this sounds like a Romeo & Juliet love story with an overdosing ending.

Del Rio Patron has been looking good in GFW; he actually looks like he wants to be there minus the bashing of WWE (which makes me think he either wants in or is truly disgusted with the company). His matches have been good by man, did GFW make the mistake of making him the Unified WHC for their promotion. Now the thing is, what does GFW do in this situation? We all know TNA/iMPACT's management is terrible (see Jeff Hardy vs Sting at Victory Road), so it would not surprise me if GFW keeps Del Rio Patron around.

Again, innocent until proven otherwise but still, it seems evident that he did what he did.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:56 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think the fact that anthem said that they will do their own investigation on the matter is making me think that they will try to cover this up as much as they possibly can. If El patron is found guilty, i wouldn't be surprise that he will probably try to pay is way out of this situation and even try to buy paige and her family into no pressing charged against him.

If it's true, i'm feel for paige's family that really can't do anything but watch this situation happens until Paige finally realise that's she being abuse by her fiance. I think that why WWE wanted to split them up last year, they kinda knew what kinda person El patron was and we're just trying to protect her from him before it was too late. Their should have been a bell ringing in paige's head when his ex wife came foward and talk about her own domestic violence problem with El patron, but i guess when your in love you don't see those things.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:35 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I don't see the problem.

I mean, I abhor domestic violence, but WWE didn't seem to have a dilemma in pushing a known wife-beater like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as their main guy, and use his image everywhere, despite allegations from Jeannie Adams, Debra and another girlfriend that he was violent towards all of them, and plead guilty to the Debra incident.

The fans didn't seem bothered by it either, given their pops when Austin gave Stacy Keibler a "Stone Cold Stunner" three weeks after he plead guilty to hitting Debra.
A. You're talking about an incident or series of incidents that occurred fifteen years ago.

B. He plead no contest, not guilty. They are not the same thing. Pleading no contest doesn't admit guilt, it simply accepts punishment.

C. TNA/GFW have already set a recent standard that I would imagine they would stand by regarding a type of zero tolerance policy on domestic abuse (that I'd imagine also extends to things like child abuse). When Bram was initially arrested after an incident with his girlfriend in which he was accused of "domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment", he was quickly suspended [indefinitely] by then TNA. Once the charges were dropped, he was reinstated, but they made their position quite clear.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Perhaps you might want to argue that they're under new management now, and you'd be factually correct to do so, but I'm not so sure the Anthem-Jarrett-lead GFW rendition is going to treat this with kids gloves, or any level of willful ignorance for the sake of their television product given how quickly they responded to the initial reports citing an internal investigation immediately being launched.

The only thing also worth noting here is that despite being suspended, because TNA was in the same position they are now, having already taped well in advance, they actually continued to air pre-taped matches featuring Bram during his suspension. They were also chastised for doing so, so I'm not sure what the answer is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Need to be careful on what is said, as there's no charges as of yet and you could be done for defamation/slander...

That being said, things do not look good and that both are publically talking about drug use is a BIG problem... Whether it's "He said/She Said" or not, when you are contracted to an organisation like GFW or WWE you don't talk about that shit in public...

It would seem to be they have the worst kind of co-dependency issues... he is perhaps controlling and needs to be seen as "Papi" while she seems to be addicted to men who treat her poorly. The last person who really had these kind of issues so publically was Amy Winehouse, and look how that ended.

Perhaps that it's so public will bring the situation to a head now. Sadly for Paige, I can see her "Future Endeavour" post on WWE.com in the next few days... but they might actually do the "decent" thing and give her the option of rehab... if she really wants to be "away" from him, that would be a good move on her part and at least show WWE she's interested in rebuilding bridges.

There's also the issues of her work visa... if she is investigated for drugs for example, that could disappear very quickly.

As for Patron, there seems to be something very wrong with this guy... he seems intent on asking people for fights and causing as much mayhem as he can... Perhap's it's a misguided version of Brian Pillman's gimmick being played to the bone... perhaps he really does have issues... but one thing is becoming increasingly obvious. However good his work has been, it means nothing if he's beating his wife... Chris did that...look how that ended up.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:51 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
A. You're talking about an incident or series of incidents that occurred fifteen years ago.

B. He plead no contest, not guilty. They are not the same thing. Pleading no contest doesn't admit guilt, it simply accepts punishment.

C. TNA/GFW have already set a recent standard that I would imagine they would stand by regarding a type of zero tolerance policy on domestic abuse (that I'd imagine also extends to things like child abuse). When Bram was initially arrested after an incident with his girlfriend in which he was accused of "domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment", he was quickly suspended [indefinitely] by then TNA. Once the charges were dropped, he was reinstated, but they made their position quite clear.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Perhaps you might want to argue that they're under new management now, and you'd be factually correct to do so, but I'm not so sure the Anthem-Jarrett-lead GFW rendition is going to treat this with kids gloves, or any level of willful ignorance for the sake of their television product given how quickly they responded to the initial reports citing an internal investigation immediately being launched.

The only thing also worth noting here is that despite being suspended, because TNA was in the same position they are now, having already taped well in advance, they actually continued to air pre-taped matches featuring Bram during his suspension. They were also chastised for doing so, so I'm not sure what the answer is here.
A) Once a beater, always a beater. They say sorry and that they will never do it again, and then they do it again.

Austin's next girlfriend after Debra also reported him for stalking her, and physically threatening her.

But you sycophants will defend anything the man does.

B)Why would take a punishment if you are not guilty? He didn't contest the charge, so he is considered "guilty" in a court of law.

Yet it didn't hurt Austin's standing or his position in WWE. People even cheered him showing violence towards Stacy Keibler on-screen three weeks after the Debra incident.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

GFW suspending el patron really means nothing since they already taped their tv for a month so el patron will still be on tv every week until the next set of tapings and by then, he probably will found a way to get off the hook again and this will be all water under the bridge and he will be reinstated without missing one episode of impact.

For the suspension to mean something they would need to take all the el patron segment out of their taping and found a keyfabe story to explain why el patron isn't on impact right now.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
A) Once a beater, always a beater. They say sorry and that they will never do it again, and then they do it again.

Austin's next girlfriend after Debra also reported him for stalking her, and physically threatening her.

But you sycophants will defend anything the man does.
So Austin being a wifebeater makes it OK for someone else to be a wifebeater? How does Austin being a wifebeater make it OK for ADR to be one?

Quote:
B)Why would take a punishment if you are not guilty? He didn't contest the charge, so he is considered "guilty" in a court of law.

Yet it didn't hurt Austin's standing or his position in WWE. People even cheered him showing violence towards Stacy Keibler on-screen three weeks after the Debra incident.
This one's easy. Frequently defendants enter a plea of "no contest" when the expense of a trial- both financial and in terms of celebrity- would be far more damaging than disposing of the matter quietly. You remember how the dirt sheets spent a year chronicling the Austin trial? Yeah.

No, d_henderson, beating your wife isn't OK because Stone Cold did it and some people didn't mind. And if we're going to talk in terms of your "but Stone Cold was that much of a celebrity" argument, ADR is only equal to Steve Austin if you don't count everything after he stopped getting called The Ringmaster.