WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2017, 05:02 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Wrestlemania XXXIII - The Undertaker VS Roman Reigns

WWE.com announced earlier today that as a result of their confrontation on Raw last week, ending months of rumors and speculation as well, Taker vs. Reigns is official.

As with a few other matches on the card, more than a few really, I've got mixed feelings about this. For one thing, no matter how much Vince may personally wish it otherwise, fans are NOT going to embrace Roman Reigns as the babyface in this scenario, not against possibly the single most beloved and respected star in WWE history. As a result, the build to WrestleMania and the match itself could be WWE's best chance to turn Roman Reigns into a fully fledged heel.

Another issue that's going to dog this match, based on the various reports that've come out over the weeks and months, is that Vince wants it to come off as a sort of pass the torch kind of moment. Rather than going for an icon vs. icon bout with Taker vs. Cena, Vince allegedly feels that Reigns is the future and that this bout will be the better choice in the long run. What happens in a "pass the torch" kind of situation is an older, dominant star cleanly loses to the younger, up & coming guy and gives said star his/her endorsement. That's all well and good but, again, a lot of fans aren't going to give Reigns the sort of emotional moment WWE is hoping for.

Another big issue involves the match itself and whether or not Taker can help deliver a satisfyingly entertaining match. Realistically, Taker can't have much time left if the past few WrestleMania matches have been an indication. I know Taker will try his best and that's one of the reasons so many fans respect him, but I genuinely think he's at a point in his career where it's time to say enough.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of cool if Reigns made a full blown heel turn during the match in which he works ruthlessly against Taker. I'm taking everything from low blows to multiple chair shots to kendo sticks to putting him through a few tables, etc. Even if Reigns' actions cause him to be disqualified, for instance, it only results in him unloading on Taker all the more.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:27 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is one of the matches I'm most looking forward to but just like the main event, it's for all the wrong reasons. I'm not expecting a great or even a good match given Taker's condition. I think Reigns as a worker is very underrated but he's not good enough to carry a hip-needing hobbled 50 year old man. We've been saying it every year for what feels like a decade but due to his hip problems and needing surgery, there's more reason than ever to think this will be Undertaker's last WrestleMania. Because of that, coupled with Vince's idea of a torch passing, I'm expecting Reigns to beat Taker after a fairly underwhelming match and then proceed to watch the shit show ensue.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:58 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think at this point, if Vince dream is for Reigns to be over with 100% of the audience that's not going to happen ever in my opinion, Reigns is the type of character that will please a segment of wwe fans and will be hated by another. So he's pretty much a tweener and they really should be o.k. with that. The fact that he's no.2 in merchandise sales on the website says alot about how much he draws right now so putting him against Taker is a good way to give him more exposure and let's face it,

he's shown over and over again that's he's able to have a good match and sometimes even a great match and this is his chance to prove that he belong in the top tier of the company by getting a great match out of the undertaker which let'S face it for all the respect that i have for the undertaker, he need somebody to help him out and carry part of the match. So this is a make or break moment for Roman Reigns.

Personally, if their ever was a moment we're i would have Taker pass the torch to somebody, i think it's this match. Having Reigns beat taker clean at mania and do the respect angle at the end would solidify him as a top guy, yes, it will piss off the section of the fans that hate the guy but that'S the price they will have to pay to make reigns a top guy in my opinion.

In the end, i think that this will be a really good match and i know this won'T be the last match on the card but if they would go that route with the passing of the torch and respect angle, i would put it in the main event position especially if Taker finally decided to call it a career after this match.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

Roman Reigns is outstanding in the ring. Anyone who begs to differ is clearly seeing through blind hate. Him and Big Show had one of the best matches of the year in 2015. Not to mention his series with AJ and the WrestleMania match against Brock. I don't have the most confidence in this being a great match, mainly because Taker hasn't had a fantastic bout at Mania since 28, but im optimistic when it comes to wrestling. You just never know.

That being said, holy shit will this piss off that stadium to no end if Reigns comes out with a clean victory. WWE has lost their minds if they think it's just going to be Reigns spearing Taker, pinning him, cheers and Taker gives him a handshake and everything is gravy afterward. You couple this with some other possible outcomes such as Shane beating Styles and Goldberg vs Lesnar going 2 minutes to close the show and this could be one of the most hated shows WWE has ever put on. The sad part is, all three of those booking decisions I mentioned are completely possible and wouldn't surprise me at all.

Kind of a lose lose situation for this match. Undertaker wins, no one really cares and it doesn't prove anything and Reigns looks like shit for not defeating the old man. Reigns wins and people lose their shit depending on the matter in which he beats him. Would they really have Taker go 23-2? Seems sort of random and makes Lesnar's win look even more pointless than it already has. Nonetheless I have no idea who wins this and I love that feeling.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:28 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Man, I would have loved to see a different scenario play out this year. I'm not much of an armchair booker but I think this Mania would have been the perfect time to finally have Cena/Taker with Reigns taking on Goldberg for the Universal strap. I think those would have been two very highly anticipated match-ups and made more sense than what we're getting. Personally, Reigns is one of the very few people, if not the only one other than Lesnar, who really would have matched up well with Goldberg and would have looked believable beating him, especially after his win over Strowman at FastLane. Still, I'm looking forward to how they book this thing. I would be very, very surprised if this ends up as one of the matches of the night, but that's not where the intrigue lies here.

Some people may hate to hear it, but Reigns absolutely must go over in this one; clean or dirty, it doesn't matter. If Vince is so hellbent on pushing Reigns as the future, he damn well better go all the way with it. 5 years ago, I would have had a different opinion, but Reigns just beat an unstoppable monster in Braun... he should not lose to a hobbled Undertaker. For some reason, the WWE brass just do not seem to want to turn Reigns. I guess that probably has something to do with his merch sales (if the numbers that wrestlingmaster keeps touting over and over again are actually legit); it's not the smarky demo that's buying his stuff and I doubt a heel turn would compel them to shell out the dough. So, just like it was and still is with Cena, as long as the kids are buying his shit, Reigns will remain a good guy and damn the entertainment value.

I did not think I would ever be pulling for a Reigns victory over The Undertaker in any scenario, but if you're going to do it, might as well do it right. That also makes me think that Taker will end up winning. Mania booking has been ass-backwards for the past couple of years, I'd be surprised if that changed at 33.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't quite understand why Braun keeps being involved in this. Where is this leading? Will he try to interfere in the match and against whom?

About the match itself, I always wanted a Reigns vs Undertaker match. But the fact that we had Cena vs Undertaker and lost it simply irritates me. So that makes me indifferent for this one.

The fact that they're still trying for Reigns to be a face against Undertaker also doesn't help me or the match.

Low expectations for this one.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 AM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they did Cena a big favor not having him face Undertaker at WM.. Taker can barely walk to the ring. I hope Reigns destroys him and sends him into retirement.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I think at this point, if Vince dream is for Reigns to be over with 100% of the audience that's not going to happen ever in my opinion, Reigns is the type of character that will please a segment of wwe fans and will be hated by another. So he's pretty much a tweener and they really should be o.k. with that. The fact that he's no.2 in merchandise sales on the website says alot about how much he draws right now so putting him against Taker is a good way to give him more exposure and let's face it,

he's shown over and over again that's he's able to have a good match and sometimes even a great match and this is his chance to prove that he belong in the top tier of the company by getting a great match out of the undertaker which let'S face it for all the respect that i have for the undertaker, he need somebody to help him out and carry part of the match. So this is a make or break moment for Roman Reigns.

Personally, if their ever was a moment we're i would have Taker pass the torch to somebody, i think it's this match. Having Reigns beat taker clean at mania and do the respect angle at the end would solidify him as a top guy, yes, it will piss off the section of the fans that hate the guy but that'S the price they will have to pay to make reigns a top guy in my opinion.

In the end, i think that this will be a really good match and i know this won'T be the last match on the card but if they would go that route with the passing of the torch and respect angle, i would put it in the main event position especially if Taker finally decided to call it a career after this match.
You know how Roman Reigns will be received by the fans if Reigns defeats The Undertaker clean at Wrestlemania 33? Just imagine the double booing.

The Undertaker is one of the most respected wrestlers in WWE. More well received than Cena. He didn't get booed even when he used a heel tactic. That shows his respect in fans' minds. Roman Reigns shouldn't beat The Undertaker clean. That's what I think. No problem with him winning via a heel turn.

He has a lot of rub as a face. Only things left are defeating Cena, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. He is the only one in this crop of talent to actually compete hard with Brock Lesnar. Let's see who he has beaten already? Triple H? Yes. Daniel Bryan? Yes. Randy Orton? Yes. AJ Styles? Yes. Seth Rollins? Yes. Dean Ambrose? Yes. Rusev? Yes. Bray Wyatt? Yes. Kevin Owens? Yes. Chris Jericho? Yes. Braun Strowman? Yes. And now The Undertaker. So many rubs. Some of legends, some of newcomers, some of established ones. You can't and shouldn't give a clean rub of The Undertaker as well.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
You know how Roman Reigns will be received by the fans if Reigns defeats The Undertaker clean at Wrestlemania 33? Just imagine the double booing.

The Undertaker is one of the most respected wrestlers in WWE. More well received than Cena. He didn't get booed even when he used a heel tactic. That shows his respect in fans' minds. Roman Reigns shouldn't beat The Undertaker clean. That's what I think. No problem with him winning via a heel turn.

He has a lot of rub as a face. Only things left are defeating Cena, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. He is the only one in this crop of talent to actually compete hard with Brock Lesnar. Let's see who he has beaten already? Triple H? Yes. Daniel Bryan? Yes. Randy Orton? Yes. AJ Styles? Yes. Seth Rollins? Yes. Dean Ambrose? Yes. Rusev? Yes. Bray Wyatt? Yes. Kevin Owens? Yes. Chris Jericho? Yes. Braun Strowman? Yes. And now The Undertaker. So many rubs. Some of legends, some of newcomers, some of established ones. You can't and shouldn't give a clean rub of The Undertaker as well.
The problem is that they want Reigns as a face, and while a lot of the fans, especially the IWC hate the guy, he'S still over with a section of the fans, so they are going to continue pushing Reigns as a somewhat babyface. The fact that is merchandise seem to sell very well at the moment, since from the last report i read, his no.2 behind Cena in merchandise sale, mean that they are not going to turn reigns.

The other thing it was reported that the plans for mania next years is to have lesnar defend the universal title against reigns in a rematch from mania 31 and they really don'T cares about Reigns getting booed at all, they still are going to continue to push him as a babyface even if half of the crowd doesn'T like it. So i'm thinking like they are right now, why not have him beat taker clean and do the respect angle at the end, i know fans won'T like it because for some reason that i'm yet to understand, they hate Reigns even through he'S one of the best performer on the roster and as delivered over and over again but that what best for business right now in their head so why not go for it and have undertaker pass the torch to reigns and acknowledge the fact that it'S reigns's yard now. Like you said the fans won'T boo the undertaker, so if he give his blessing that it'S o.k to like Reigns by doing the respect angle, i wouldn't be surprise if some of the fans change their opinion on Reigns.

Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 03-16-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I see no scenario where Undertaker loses, though I hope he does. Everybody would lose their minds if Reigns wins and that's got to make it worthwhile.