WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-24-2016, 06:42 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I wouldn't like Swagger in NxT.

He has done it all he could have done in WWE.

Can't say anything about his mic work as I have never listened him but he was good enough in ring. Not great surely but almost good.

I would prefer Swagger wrestle outside of WWE instead of watching him on NxT. He could be a good addition to TNA, RoH or Lucha Underground.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Swagger has a place in WWE, I just think it's in the tag division. Back in the day, tag teams were meant to be a place where are wrestler who had some tools could partner up with another wrestler who also had some missing pieces. Together, they come out greater than the sum of their parts. With the upcoming brand split, if they split the tag teams between shows, you're going to need a few more teams.

For me, the perfect partner for him is Titus O'Neal. Both were college athletes, both are big strong fellas, Titus has some charisma but isn't going to carry a 20 minute singles match anytime soon. Swagger can work in the ring, but is a little light on charisma and mic work isn't his strong suit.

I see two options with this team. Option 1: Varsity Club. Have them toss on singlets like Rotundo, Stiener, and Dr. Death used to do. Give them a manager and talk about being superior athletes. Swagger carries the match and O'Neal gets the hot tag to clean house.

Option 2: Have them go in an APA like fashion. Not the Acolytes, but the boot wearing, jean wearing, ass kicking version of Farooq and Bradshaw. Hell, give them JBL as a manager. They don't have to talk much. I could really see them gelling well.

The two together would be different than any tag team on the main roster right now.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:14 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

UM, WOULD YOU GO BACK TO JHS (JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL) AFTER GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL?
Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekooljt View Post
UM, WOULD YOU GO BACK TO JHS (JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL) AFTER GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL?
This is not the same, and in fact main roster guys in the WWE have already back down to NXT and it gave those guys HUGE boosts when they came back to the main roster. Zack Ryder, Tyson Kidd, Titus O'Neil, Cesaro, and Sin Cara all went back down to NXT and upon coming back they all received huge pushes in comparison to how they were booked in the past. So in short, a stint in NXT would be a way for Swagger to justify himself getting one more run as the United States Champion, or maybe even get him a run at the Intercontinental Championship so he can become a grand slam champion.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
This is not the same, and in fact main roster guys in the WWE have already back down to NXT and it gave those guys HUGE boosts when they came back to the main roster. Zack Ryder, Tyson Kidd, Titus O'Neil, Cesaro, and Sin Cara all went back down to NXT and upon coming back they all received huge pushes in comparison to how they were booked in the past. So in short, a stint in NXT would be a way for Swagger to justify himself getting one more run as the United States Champion, or maybe even get him a run at the Intercontinental Championship so he can become a grand slam champion.

Whether you use the old or new format, Swagger wouldn't be a Grand Slam Champion. He's been World Heavyweight Champion, United States Champion, and ECW Champion.

Old criteria: WWE Championship (or World Heavyweight Championship) + Intercontinental Championship + European Championship (or Hardcore Championship) + World Tag Team Championship (or WWE Tag Team Championship)

New criteria: WWE Championship (or World Heavyweight Championship) + Intercontinental Championship + United States Championship + WWE Tag Team Championship (the original World Tag Team Championship no longer qualifies)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Whether you use the old or new format, Swagger wouldn't be a Grand Slam Champion. He's been World Heavyweight Champion, United States Champion, and ECW Champion.

Old criteria: WWE Championship (or World Heavyweight Championship) + Intercontinental Championship + European Championship (or Hardcore Championship) + World Tag Team Championship (or WWE Tag Team Championship)

New criteria: WWE Championship (or World Heavyweight Championship) + Intercontinental Championship + United States Championship + WWE Tag Team Championship (the original World Tag Team Championship no longer qualifies)
I think I threw in a tag title reign there somewhere lol. Idk, maybe him and Ziggler or him and Cesaro just seeming like an obvious choice for tag team champions through me off a bit. But still, him getting a nice run in NXT (in my opinion) could revive the life of Swagger in WWE. At least to the point where he's not just used on Superstars/Main Event, and actually gets a nice US/IC title reign.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 07-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekooljt View Post
NO!
You're literally not giving any concrete debate here, and honestly on the borderline of spamming.

Why wouldn't it? It's worked for other stars. Tyson Kidd, Titus O'Neil, Natalya, Sin Cara, and Zack Ryder have all gone back down to NXT and came out on the better end and have all lengthened their run in the WWE... In fact, every single one of them except Natalya and Sin Cara have all become a champion since being back on the main roster. So why wouldn't it work? Bray Wyatt also went back down to NXT as Husky Harris, came back, and is now one of the most featured stars in WWE today. Cesaro was doing absolutely nothing but jobbing with Swagger in the Real Americans until he went down to NXT where he would impress Heyman enough so that he can make a pitch for the next Heyman guy... and in doing so, ended up becoming one of the most featured stars in WWE.

So why wouldn't it work for someone like Jack Swagger? Why? Give some validity to your replies here and stop spamming.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 07-17-2016, 04:13 AM

theblasterkid is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Jack Swagger is one of the best talents in WWE, but is part of a generation also including The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus, where their time to be main eventers was completely skipped over. An entire era of talent was robbed of their opportunities that were instead given to the guys coming in after them. What WWE did to them was wrong, but they're clearly never going to give those guys a fair chance. What happened to them was basically as if WWE went from the Hulkamania Era to the Attitude Era, and completely skipped over The New Generation Era. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, etc., would have never gotten to be stars, and that's what happened to Swagger, Ziggler, Miz, Del Rio, and Sheamus. Their time at the top came and went in the blink of an eye, despite the fact that they're far superior to most of the talents who were given the pushes that should have gone to them.
This is so true! You know, since all these guys are still around, it could end up a great storyline! The storyline should talk how they were skipped over for these 'New Era' guys. It should lead to a war in WWE where guys like Orton and Cena are trying to maintain their spots as well.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

I don't know about re-boot his carreer, but he could be a fine assett down there.

A solid enough wrestler skill-wise to be nicely formidable if given something other than 50/50 limp dick pushes and long bouts of bobbing.

He, Cesaro and Ziggler would be a good time down there.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:23 AM

TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...

I was just telling a friend that I completely forgot Swagger was even on the roster anymore. He got drafted to RAW but hasn't been seen... The guy must have REALLY pissed off the wrong people a few years back because I still can't fathom how he's been held back so much recently (aside from being fed to Rusev)

I really think he could potentially breakout and shine on Smackdown if given an opportunity. I'd be okay with them trading him with Miz (I love Miz, just fits better on Raw) and starting a run at IC title against Crews, Ryder, etc.

A trip to NXT would still be better than sitting sidelines on Raw though. He'd probably go in as a heel with attitude about being in NXT and would likely feud with Almas or Hideo, which would be some good matches. I dont think it would revitalize his career but its better than his current situation.