WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Quite bad luck as he worked hard for years to get to that position then as soon as he got there it was over.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think the WWE had any intention of ever making Daniel Bryan their number one face of the company guy, Around that time the fans were so vocal for Daniel I got the feeling the WWE had no choice but to put the title on him at Wrestlemania as the fans in attendance would have crapped all over the whole event if he wasn't challening and became champion at the end of the night. I do believe his reign wouldn't have been a long term plan and more of a transitional one, I would loved to have found out what happened after his win as I liked Daniel Bryan but I guess we will never now, Perhaps part of the reason they are preventing him returning is his vocal fanbase of wanting him as the number one guy when thats not what the WWE has in their plans.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:12 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGlasgow View Post
I don't think the WWE had any intention of ever making Daniel Bryan their number one face of the company guy, Around that time the fans were so vocal for Daniel I got the feeling the WWE had no choice but to put the title on him at Wrestlemania as the fans in attendance would have crapped all over the whole event if he wasn't challening and became champion at the end of the night. I do believe his reign wouldn't have been a long term plan and more of a transitional one, I would loved to have found out what happened after his win as I liked Daniel Bryan but I guess we will never now, Perhaps part of the reason they are preventing him returning is his vocal fanbase of wanting him as the number one guy when thats not what the WWE has in their plans.
The problem with Bryan at the time and Bryan will be the first to tell you this is while fans where clamoring for Bryan to get that number one spot, it wasn't translating into money. His merchandise wasn't selling, ratings where going up while he was on top the first time they tries. So I didn't blame them for not going with him or being scared of trying with him again.

In the end, crowd respond is one thing but what really help somebody getting a push is how much money they can make the company and while the whole yes movement was fine and good if they didn't start buying Bryan's merchandise during that push going into mania, they would never have went with him.

I truly feel that the reason they are scared of letting him climb back into the ring as everything to do with his safety because like many other that worked with Vince over the years have said, if he can make money with somebody, Vince won't turn it down and Bryan's return would be huge money for them. So all the conspiracy theory about wwe not wanting Bryan to comeback for this or that reason, is just that conspiracy theory,
Old 12-05-2017, 08:03 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Bryan would have been squashed by Brock Lesnar and guess what.. fans would have been furious. They would have rallied behind Bryan to get the title back or get a proper rematch. Bryan would have gotten that rematch and have a great match with Lesnar. After that, who knows? One thing is for sure is that Roman wouldn't have been booed against Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

WWE would probably however do a Reigns vs Bryan programm down the line, and Reigns would start getting booed at that point. I think Bryan would have turned into something like Chris Jericho.

WWE would also try to turn him heel but that wouldn't work.

One thing is for sure. We would have gotten great matches with Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Styles, Nakamura, Balor. Bryan would turn into the main guy for all NXT alumni to face off against.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:51 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Bryan would have been squashed by Brock Lesnar and guess what.. fans would have been furious. They would have rallied behind Bryan to get the title back or get a proper rematch. Bryan would have gotten that rematch and have a great match with Lesnar. After that, who knows? One thing is for sure is that Roman wouldn't have been booed against Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

WWE would probably however do a Reigns vs Bryan programm down the line, and Reigns would start getting booed at that point. I think Bryan would have turned into something like Chris Jericho.

WWE would also try to turn him heel but that wouldn't work.

One thing is for sure. We would have gotten great matches with Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Styles, Nakamura, Balor. Bryan would turn into the main guy for all NXT alumni to face off against.
I feel like you wrote that everything that happened with Reigns and his rush push was pretty much because of Bryan being on the shelf and the insecurities that it brought. They put a lot of money being Bryan and was one of the top star at the time and he lied to them about how seriously injured he was going into mania which lead to his injury become even worst. If it wasn't for that, he would have been put in the Cena spot at summerslam, would have had a small feud with Lesnar that he would have lost like Cena did and then would have been move the the midcard to try the elevate one of the mid card titles. The guy would have stayed somewhat over and it would have given time for reigns to slowly getting build up as this main event guy instead of being rush into that position.

Now they don't need him as much because they actually have somebody that's as good has him and is actually healthy in AJ Styles plus they have the benefit of AJ not hiding stuff from them if he's injured like Bryan did.