WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom
Default What's Happening in Hollywood?

Idk if people even keep up with the news anymore, but if you watch any kind of media, then you've heard about the recent string of firings, suspensions, and other situations happening as a result of a slew of sexual harassment accusations and what not. Now I'm not here to argue whether or not they're true or if this actually happens in Hollywood or not. What I want to talk about is what people are actually calling sexual harassment.

When I think of sexual harassment; I think of inappropriate touching, grabbing one's butt, maybe worse. Maybe inappropriate gestures, maybe grinding up against someone. I think of offering advancement in return for sexual favors. I think of inappropriate comments; saying someone has a nice ass, big breasts, a big dick, stuff like that. If these people being accused are doing things of that sort, IMO they deserve worse then just being fired. That kind of stuff is revolting and has no place in the workplace, however, I've read two different cases, just this morning, where a person was fired with none of that stuff. They were fired for saying stuff like someone looks great in that outfit, for giving hugs, maybe a kiss on the cheek, a pat on the back, stuff like that. Now, I for one don't consider that stuff sexual harassment. I was raised in the south and people do that kind of stuff all the time. I don't see how that stuff is sexual harassment. If it is, then maybe I've harassed people sexually. I give back pats and compliment a person when they're looking good too. I'm not a big hugger, but I have no problem with hugs.

My point is, do people want to play the victim so bad that they literally will get offended at stuff like compliments, hugs, back pats, etc. or are those things really sexual harassment? Have we, as a society, gone a little too far with needing there to be a bad guy and a victim? A little too far with finger pointing? A little too far with excuses for stuff like why we didn't get that job or why they might not have gotten that part? Am I completely off base here?

What are your opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Nothing you describe above:
- comments about appearance
- a pat on a back
- a kiss on a cheek
- a hug

is part of anyone's job description as something they need to do or accept to do as part of their job. While they may be accepted by some it does not have to be accepted by all. You didn't post a link to the stories and I doubt the stories go in to much detail but I would hope that anyone fired for the allegations above were presented with the issues and given a chance to alter their behavior. All of the Hollywood, and news media harassment/assault stories that have lead to immediate suspensions or terminations that I have heard about have been pretty severe. What you described above isn't nearly as bad but I understand why someone may not feel comfortable. If the accused can't curb their behavior, they need to go. Employees should be comfortable at work. It is reasonable that someone may not feel comfortable with any type of touching or comments on appearance.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:35 PM
WOKEN Warrior
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Nah. We learned when we were ten to keep our hands to ourselves, and if a professional can't remember that then maybe their job doesn't mean that much to them. They're big boys who should know what consent is.

It's not playing the victim. It's speaking up on bullshit that isn't and shouldn't be part of the workforce. Being from one part of the country doesn't exempt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 12-01-2017, 03:51 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Depends. In most cases I heard from Hollywood(Weinstein, Spacey, Louis CK even Ratner) they deserved what happened. I mean, sure, you could argue how most of those women werent above doing what was expected from them to do to get parts in a movie, but its still wrong and punishable by law and from most of those stories I heard all those men deserve far worst then just canceling movie project even if that movie could be really good, Godamnit Louis CK you public masturbator.

As for where is the limit, I have a theory that we as a society have become far too selfish and fragile. Today people get triggered very easily with so trivial stuff. So no wonder we have come to position where you have to measure every word and move you do.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Nothing you describe above:
- comments about appearance
- a pat on a back
- a kiss on a cheek
- a hug

is part of anyone's job description as something they need to do or accept to do as part of their job. While they may be accepted by some it does not have to be accepted by all. You didn't post a link to the stories and I doubt the stories go in to much detail but I would hope that anyone fired for the allegations above were presented with the issues and given a chance to alter their behavior. All of the Hollywood, and news media harassment/assault stories that have lead to immediate suspensions or terminations that I have heard about have been pretty severe. What you described above isn't nearly as bad but I understand why someone may not feel comfortable. If the accused can't curb their behavior, they need to go. Employees should be comfortable at work. It is reasonable that someone may not feel comfortable with any type of touching or comments on appearance.
The specific person that I was referring to when I said that I read a news story that he was fired for sexual harassment accusations that didn't seem to severe was Andrew Kreisberg. He was an executive producer for the CW's Arrowverse. He was recently fired from his position and while, you're right, the reports don't go into too many details, a few individuals, including Kreisberg himself, said that all he'd do is give the usual back pat, a hug, maybe a kiss on the cheek. I can't find the initial report that I read, but he had a few people corroborate that.

Now, if he did in fact do worse than that, then yes, he deserved his treatment and possibly worse, however, if that's all he did he should've been given a chance to change his behavior. I do agree that nobody signs up to go to work and be touched or commented on so I can see why there'd be a zero tolerance for anything of that sort, however, I just don't think those things are that bad. People do have the right to a safe and comfortable working environment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:07 AM

Navdeep is looking to come up from OCW...

You can't praise a asset , butt or figure, you are working with them, so you should be praising their work, not body.
Ofcouse it is my personal opinion. Agree with GSB post completely
Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

When it comes to any sort of physical contact in the workplace, outside of maybe a handshake or a pat on the shoulder, it's just best to keep your hands to yourself at all times. In this day and age, even if something inappropriate didn't happen, really all that anyone has to do is make the allegation and you're screwed so it's best to just be as hands off as possible with co-workers. It's cynical as hell not to be able to trust someone, but I'm of the opinion that's how you have to be because the world's a cutthroat place full of people who want to make sure that everyone else walks on eggshells.

I learned in kindergarten that you should keep your hands to yourself at school, so I see no reason at all why the same shouldn't be true for the workplace. If you wanna compliment someone on how they look, resist it because you're just asking for trouble because people are no damn good. DTA buddy, don't trust anybody.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

In today's climate it's better just to keep your hands to yourself. And it's not even your hands that can get you into trouble. The definition of sexual harassment is as follows.

Harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.

So even making some sort of dirty joke can get you into trouble depending on the person you are saying it too. It really depends on how well you know your co-worker and what kind of person they are. Women can be just as bad as men when it comes to crap like that.

What really bothers me is that fact that some of these accusations against the people involved go back decades. Why did these women not come forward before? Why didn't their families do something about it when it happened? Now it's become if you don't believe them and fire the person that's being accused, then you are some kind of pervert yourself.

In the case of Judge Roy Moore, one of his accusers says she has evidence that he knew her. Something to do with the fact that he signed her yearbook, yet her lawyer Gloria Aldridge won't let the lab test the yearbook to date the ink and to verify that it is his signature. He's saying it isn't. That speaks volumes to me. If you have evidence then bring it forward.

I guess all I know is that it isn't over yet. Almost everyday we are hearing of someone else who has been fired or is resigning from their position in politics. This is just the beginning, they are dropping like flies.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Shawn Michaels ♥
Undisputed WWE Champion

HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post

What really bothers me is that fact that some of these accusations against the people involved go back decades. Why did these women not come forward before? Why didn't their families do something about it when it happened?
Oh for the love of God can we stop with this bullshit? Women can never fucking win here. We tell someone what happened straight away? "What were you wearing? Did you lead him on? Had you drank any alcohol? How many sexual partners have you had?" So we wait. "Why didn't you come forward sooner? Your timing is convenient. You're being paid to say this. What do you want? Clearly have something to hide." This world is fucking shit if you are a woman who has been sexually assaulted or harassed, and you wonder why we don't come forward immediately.

And this is before getting into the psychological effects of abuse. This post is disguting.

Last edited by HBK-aholic : 12-07-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
What really bothers me is that fact that some of these accusations against the people involved go back decades.
I'm more bothered by things like rape, assault, harassment, intimidation, and abuse of power but to each their own.

Quote:
Why did these women not come forward before?
Fear and/or ignorance.

Quote:
Why didn't their families do something about it when it happened?
Fear and/or ignorance.

Quote:
Now it's become if you don't believe them and fire the person that's being accused, then you are some kind of pervert yourself.
I've never heard this before. Can you provide an example?

Quote:
In the case of Judge Roy Moore, one of his accusers says she has evidence that he knew her.
She saying a lot more than they knew each other.

Quote:
Something to do with the fact that he signed her yearbook, yet her lawyer Gloria Aldridge won't let the lab test the yearbook to date the ink and to verify that it is his signature. He's saying it isn't. That speaks volumes to me. If you have evidence then bring it forward.

If an expert says the evidence is inconclusive or fake it kills every woman's story. It is not worth the risk.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?