WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post

With that said there are still plenty of fans out there that like a competitive match that has good psychology that tells a good story, I still feel these types of fans are the majority but in this day and age at least 15% (most likely another 5-10% higher) of them fall into that non stop action category that just want to see insanity. Unfortunately though a huge number of that 15% spends a ton of money on wrestling, they're often the ones that end up at live events, they're often the ones that spend money on merchandise and they're often the one's bitching and moaning every time they watch WWE television. Even if 75-80% of the fans are more traditional fans the 20-25% on the other side is a HUGE number and they go to much greater lengths to ensure their voices are heard.
Good point, the lengths these people go to have their insignificant voices heard insures that no one respects them or takes them seriously. People who continue to buy a product that they constantly complain about is in the same line of logic of going back to a restaurant where the food sucked and the waiter told you that you were an insignificant tool who didn't deserve good service.

They can complain all they want, if they still attend shows and subscribe to the Network, Vince has no incentive to cater to their bitching, that seems to be what these dunces don't grasp.

I forget who, it may have been talk is Jericho or another podcast one program that had one of those dirtsheet guests like Wade Keller or someone who was talking about the difference between house show and tv crowds and basically said the majority of the people who come to the Raw events are people that the WWE doesn't really want there anyway.

I thought KO's comment about the Indy/chanting hipster crowds was funny as hell, there was that incident where one of these crowds pretty much disrespected or legitimately didn't know who Paul Ellering was and Owens said something like "that's why I'm so happy I don't have to perform for those people anymore"

While reading your post I thought about the guys who you said who still tell a decent story and sell a bit, these are also guys/girls who deliver decent promos. Could this be because these are experienced performers who let their personalities shine through instead of trying to memorize stuff the scripted stuff the writers come up with? just something that crossed my mind while reading.

Last edited by nwocongo : 07-14-2016 at 06:38 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

"Fight Forever"

Enough said. The mentality of some fans is absurd. The fact some wrestlers feed into this, even more scary. I'm glad "this is awesome" was never a thing during the Bret Hart / Stone Cold era either. I prefer 90's wrestling fans. Cheers, boos - as it should be.

Don't get me started on "we are awesome" lol
Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think the selling issue is mostly an issue on the indy's like roh and pwg then in wwe and tna since it's not the same type of crowd. I look at a match like aj styles vs roman reigns at payback which was all about selling and telling a story and I was interested with that match because of the psychology in the match. On the other and, they're the much publicize match between richochet and will osprey that even through the match was good, had no psychology or selling and I lost interest after 5 minutes.

The fact is that most indy wrestlers think that the more spot the do the more over they will be and that if they do great moves they don't need to learn psychology is bad because telling a story is the bases of pro wrestling. As far as commentary is concern, I think that it's more a question of wwe having to plug a million thing on raw and smackdown because if you compare this version of micheal cole to 2004's version of micheal cole, the difference is night and day. Back in 2004, cole was a great play by play guy that was able to sell the story in the ring, just watch the kidman vs paul london match from no mercy 200 as an exemple of cole telling the story in the ring. Now the guy is handcuffed because he need to plug everything wwe as to sell and It take away from the matches.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote