WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Build multiple guys. Don't put all eggs in one basket. Rock had Stone Cold. Cena has had Orton, Punk and Bryan. Who does Roman have? No one near him. Why? Because no one is getting the big rubs.

You have plenty of talent like Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe to build on. Even Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. But you have to give them big victories like Roman got. If Lesnar leaves after Wrestlemania, Roman has no one equal as of now.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:36 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I have to agree with most other here on this thread already, putting all your eggs into one basket is a mistake. We should have multiple roster members who can be believable as champion, as just compared to one.

Not every fan out there wants Roman Reigns as the top guy, we've heard the reaction's of the crowds already. I think more fans would receive him better if there were others who are receiving the same push as he has gotten. There is no reason that Rollins, Ambrose, Styles, Strowman and others can't be seen as his equal, when someone like Styles is clearly beyond his level already.

I mean what happens if Reigns get's injured, or has another wellness violation, or just says screw it I'm done. You'd think a smart man like Vince would have already realized this, considering he's been in this boat before. John Cena carried this company on his back for the better part of a decade. I just don't think Reigns is capable of doing so. He needs too much help from his friends. When you are the top guy, you should be able to handle it on your own. He can be a top guy, not THE top guy.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:34 AM
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Build multiple guys. Don't put all eggs in one basket. Rock had Stone Cold. Cena has had Orton, Punk and Bryan. Who does Roman have? No one near him. Why? Because no one is getting the big rubs.

You have plenty of talent like Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe to build on. Even Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. But you have to give them big victories like Roman got. If Lesnar leaves after Wrestlemania, Roman has no one equal as of now.
Even hogan didn't carry it alone in his era, he always had, macho and/or warrior around.

The roman empire will never start until Vince realizes that.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Roman Reigns is the current heir to the kingdom. Nobody can change that. It has been their project for years the entire company (production, wrestlers, writers) have been working to make Reigns the #1. Everybody. The entire roster.

What's interesting however, is the roster Roman Reigns will lead. Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Strowman, Styles, Orton, Nakamura, Roode, Owens, Zayn. They all have a say as to who will rise up to Roman's level.
Yeah, Roman is the #1, but there's a pit beneath him, involving all these wrestlers. That's where my interest lies.

It's like a pyramid.

Roman Reigns
Lesnar - Cena - Triple H - Undertaker
AJ Styles - Kevin Owens - Seth Rollins - Finn Balor - Samoa Joe - Randy Orton - Braun Strowman - Dean Ambrose - etc.

I believe that after WM 34, when WWE will have put the final piece in the Roman Reigns plan, which is for him to beat Lesnar, we are in for a treat. Because after Wrestlemania 34, there are no more dream matches for Reigns and no more legends to put Reigns over. Reigns will be the #1 man. Beneath him there will be this pool of talents. This means two things:

a) they will either feed everybody to him or
b) they will try to place new names alongside Reigns in order to create a strong elite

I hope for b. Right now my interesting in WWE is very low. What I'm most looking forward is the day after Wrestlemania 34.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:43 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Even hogan didn't carry it alone in his era, he always had, macho and/or warrior around.

Don't forget Piper. Watching The War to Settle the Score I honestly believe Piper had as much to do with the initial 85 Wrestling boom as Hogan.

Same goes for Austin I guess. Granted part of that was Austin being hurt but remember Austin wasn't on TV all the time. Obviously there's the period from 99 to 2000 where Austin was hurt so The Rock took over. But there also periods like in December 1998 when Austin was no on RAW so the show was focused heavily on DX, Mick Foley, The Rock, and Vince McMahon. WCW Nitro could have won that month if it wasn't for the other talent.

Cena despite being a face also had a pretty deep roster pool when he was "the guy" with people like Batista, Orton, Edge, Jericho, HHH, HBK, Angle, Undertaker, CM Punk, and Jeff Hardy. Cena started out as kind of a disappointment since he was pushed pretty fast. But his weakness was masked by the talent in roster when he was the guy.

Right now WWE is putting all their basket on Reigns. Which would be fine if he was a draw but ratings and live attendance does not indicate that and that period between 2010 and 2015 where WWE has failed to create new stars has started to show it's consequences. The only "draws" WWE could rely on now are part time guys like HHH, Angle, Lesnar, and, last year, Goldberg. Bigger problem now is that WWE has relied on this model that they can't get past focusing on these guys as opposed to building up the current talent they have. I mean Survivor Series 2017 kind of shows that with how that main event turned out.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:28 AM
the root of all evil

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Don't forget Piper. Watching The War to Settle the Score I honestly believe Piper had as much to do with the initial 85 Wrestling boom as Hogan.

Same goes for Austin I guess. Granted part of that was Austin being hurt but remember Austin wasn't on TV all the time. Obviously there's the period from 99 to 2000 where Austin was hurt so The Rock took over. But there also periods like in December 1998 when Austin was no on RAW so the show was focused heavily on DX, Mick Foley, The Rock, and Vince McMahon. WCW Nitro could have won that month if it wasn't for the other talent.

Cena despite being a face also had a pretty deep roster pool when he was "the guy" with people like Batista, Orton, Edge, Jericho, HHH, HBK, Angle, Undertaker, CM Punk, and Jeff Hardy. Cena started out as kind of a disappointment since he was pushed pretty fast. But his weakness was masked by the talent in roster when he was the guy.

Right now WWE is putting all their basket on Reigns. Which would be fine if he was a draw but ratings and live attendance does not indicate that and that period between 2010 and 2015 where WWE has failed to create new stars has started to show it's consequences. The only "draws" WWE could rely on now are part time guys like HHH, Angle, Lesnar, and, last year, Goldberg. Bigger problem now is that WWE has relied on this model that they can't get past focusing on these guys as opposed to building up the current talent they have. I mean Survivor Series 2017 kind of shows that with how that main event turned out.
Piper, steamboat and Andre had a lot to do with those early years too..
But if you're looking for a solid number 2 and/or the guy that drew the adults in compared to hogans action action figure it was always randy.

Warrior was the hair apparent for a while too.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 AM

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Roman Reigns is the current heir to the kingdom. Nobody can change that. It has been their project for years the entire company (production, wrestlers, writers) have been working to make Reigns the #1. Everybody. The entire roster.

What's interesting however, is the roster Roman Reigns will lead. Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Strowman, Styles, Orton, Nakamura, Roode, Owens, Zayn. They all have a say as to who will rise up to Roman's level.
Yeah, Roman is the #1, but there's a pit beneath him, involving all these wrestlers. That's where my interest lies.

It's like a pyramid.

Roman Reigns
Lesnar - Cena - Triple H - Undertaker
AJ Styles - Kevin Owens - Seth Rollins - Finn Balor - Samoa Joe - Randy Orton - Braun Strowman - Dean Ambrose - etc.

I believe that after WM 34, when WWE will have put the final piece in the Roman Reigns plan, which is for him to beat Lesnar, we are in for a treat. Because after Wrestlemania 34, there are no more dream matches for Reigns and no more legends to put Reigns over. Reigns will be the #1 man. Beneath him there will be this pool of talents. This means two things:

a) they will either feed everybody to him or
b) they will try to place new names alongside Reigns in order to create a strong elite

I hope for b. Right now my interesting in WWE is very low. What I'm most looking forward is the day after Wrestlemania 34.
Reigns will headline Mania 35 against Rock, guaranteed! Rock is the last one left for Reigns to beat.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:31 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post

Hogan absolutely carried it on his own for much of his era. Savage's title reign during that time was simply a year-long build up to a match with Hogan. They tried Warrior towards the end and it wasn't great, but from 83-88 at least, it was all Hogan. He and his merchandise were EVERYWHERE while everyone else had varying levels of success as supporting players. Hogan was THE guy for much of his era though and to suggest Savage and/or Warrior were even close to as comparable as Rock was to Austin is horribly incorrect.