WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-02-2017, 01:07 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
I just saw this. All this does is prove how clueless you are. I have been watching since the mid-80s, but thanks for letting me know how this all actually went down. That is also when I learned to read, which gives me a clear leg up here.
You are a complete moron.

Quote:
How can you read what I wrote and think I was comparing Piper's Bad News and Goldust matches to the Road Warriors?? Your responses are literally laughable, which is why I am enjoying this and not upset.
You typed that not me idiot. SO answer that yourself. You brought up Bad News and Goldust. Is your Alzheimer's kicking in or are you just brain dead? You said Piper did not always get a big push and you cited Bad News Brown and Goldust as examples. He was a part timer at that point and the feud with Goldust was not even his. He was a fill-in

Quote:
The point I made (which I'm sure is obvious to everyone else, so I'm sorry to waste time explaining it) is that despite Piper's lackluster angles with Bad News and Goldust and others NOT being main events--remember it was YOU (I'm using all caps for emphasis, right?) who said Piper was ALWAYS in the main event--he was still incredibly over. This is what the OP was speaking to.
He was not "incredibly" over. The fan reaction to his feud with Bad News was lukewarm at best and confusing. It did not get over with fans and he left the WWF right after his match with Goldust. I am talking about staying power here.

Quote:
Piper was huge in the mid-80s and remained red hot forever. The OP said "I can't think of another act who stayed so over for so long after they were last great." So, we, those not chairing the LOD defense team...defense for accusations that were never made, mind you...are coming up with other examples.
How exactly did he remain red hot? He was not red hot during his feud with Bad News. He was not red hot during his feud with Goldust. Oooooh are you talking about Hogan?!?

Quote:
You're really so off base, man. If you are actually slow, I apologize. I shouldn't make fun. You just came off so contrary out of nowhere, when you have no grasp on the topic at hand
I think you should go home to mommy and stay off the boards kid
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:09 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
angles, runs....what are you talking about??
Proves my point right there. Does not even know what feuds and angles are. WhyI waste time with idiots like these is beyond me.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:25 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
The OP asked for people who got pops far after they did anything big.
You missed the question genius he asked who else got massive pops DESPITE not getting a push idiot. This just proves you are dumb and illiterate
Old 06-02-2017, 01:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
You missed the question genius he asked who else got massive pops DESPITE not getting a push idiot. This just proves you are dumb and illiterate
Oh!!

Then, I would have to say... Rowdy Roddy Piper. He got huge pops even when he was not getting large pushes. His matches with Bad News Brown and Goldust come to mind. He wasn't pushed or put into main events but still got huge pops.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:42 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Push does not equal a match. He specifically asked for production. Onematch does not equal one run, and one match does not equal a feud. I am talking over a period of time. The Road Warriors production (or lack thereof) from 1990 until 1992 despite being massively over and coming with great hype. Piper was brought in as a fill-in for Razor at 12 that feud was hot already and a short run with Bad News at 6. Now you want to say his run from 90 until 1992 OK now we are talking BUT it goes back to my original point of Piper being given a run with the I-C title and a feud with the white hot Bret Hart to catapult him into that next tier. Bret helped Piper elevate. The Road Warriors never had that rival/opponent during their first run. It Power and Glory, Money Inc etc....
Old 06-02-2017, 02:53 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Push does not equal a match. He specifically asked for production. Onematch does not equal one run, and one match does not equal a feud. I am talking over a period of time. The Road Warriors production (or lack thereof) from 1990 until 1992 despite being massively over and coming with great hype. Piper was brought in as a fill-in for Razor at 12 that feud was hot already and a short run with Bad News at 6. Now you want to say his run from 90 until 1992 OK now we are talking BUT it goes back to my original point of Piper being given a run with the I-C title and a feud with the white hot Bret Hart to catapult him into that next tier. Bret helped Piper elevate. The Road Warriors never had that rival/opponent during their first run. It Power and Glory, Money Inc etc....
I hate myself for feeling the need to address you but I guess I'm hoping a light will finally go on in your head and I can feel responsible for helping a lost person find their way.

THE POINT OF THE POST is getting huge pops while producing little. Your argument against me is strengthening my original point!!! You keep saying things like "he wasn't pushed" or "he wasn't around much"...HENCE WHY HE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE!

I just can't fathom a brain that misses so many connections. I took the liberty of looking at some of your other posts. You are someone who states an opinion and then HAS TO get the final word in, contradicting yourself along the way. So, this is clearly more of the same. I guess I am just not used to people being so mindless of their words.

Why do you keep bringing up Razor Ramon? The pop Piper got for that match is FURTHER PROOF of the point you are arguing against. Back to my courtroom analogy, you're like a lawyer who has a mound of rebuttals and alibis saving your guilty client's life and right before you are about to win the judgment, you show your client's weapon with his prints all over it to the jury.

Every short run I used as an example, and that you continually harp on, are actually making the point that he PRODUCED LITTLE AND STILL GOT POPS.

Now, you've thrown in this Bret elevating Piper nonsense. Elevated him to a two-month keep the IC belt warm for me and then disappear after our match level? Is that what he elevated him to?

Holy Moses. For someone who likes to pick apart every sentence, you should take your own medicine. You don't have two sentences in a row without either proving yourself wrong or contradicting your own argument.

Now, as is your history, you need to get the final word in. Go ahead. I only ask that you show your age by calling me junior or show your maturity by calling me an idiot and not by adding some fresh new nonsense that I am admittedly unable to ignore. Your silly insults are useless. But your cluelessness on this and several other topics is mind-blowing.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
I'd disagree with the Hulk Hogan reference.... though his matches were the weakest part of his repertoire... the NWO added years to his career as a top liner.... I'd say by 1999 his star power was waning.... but look what happened in 2002-03 when he made his WWE return. He out-popped the Rock at WM18.
And after 2003 till his retirement.... he only wrestled sporadically.

The LOD is interesting though.... by the time they debited in the WWE, they were a bit of a slower and more ponderous team. Their pops.... particularly 1990-92 were still huge!!
Definitely by the time of their late WWE run 1997-98, Hawks physique wasn't the ripped specimen of yesteryear.... and their aura of invincibility was gone too.
I remember at survivor series 97... in the survivor tag match vs the Nation of Domination... the once indestructible Hawk was eliminated very early in the match!
And then think of the LOD from the 80s where they never did clean jobs, and were the only team allowed to no-sell opponnets finisher moves (ie Hawk standing right up after Jerry lawlers piledriver... a sure finisher in the 80s).

The storyline of Hawk being drunk during his matches was cringeworthy.... you couldn't imagine that happening in their prime!
Yeah, they were constantly embarrassed in that 97-98 run. Remember the NAO shaving Hawk's hair off? And NAO and DX put them through the announcer tables. And they seemingly always got the best of LOD. NAO might've won every single match in that feud.

But LOD stayed over and kept getting huge pops despite weak booking, lackluster feuds and matches.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
You keep saying things like "he wasn't pushed" or "he wasn't around much"...HENCE WHY HE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE!
You are a COMPLETE and UTTER MORON. Let me break this down once and for all for your TINY pea brain.

Quote:
huge pops while producing little
"Little" in terms of MATCHES, FEUDS, ANGLES. On others wrestling production. Not "little" in terms of disappearing for two years then reappearing for one match then going on hiatus again. I am talking a RUN. A period of over several YEARS. Not just one or two matches. That is NOT production. Little or big. Get a fucking a clue!! You're only talking about a SMALL part of Piper's career 1990-1992 and one match in 1996. I'm talking about a DECADE of the Road Warriors career 1990 all the way up to 1998. Apples and oranges. Again when he had his run in WCW he was main event with Hogan, he worked with Hall and Nash, he teamed with Flair, he wrestled Bret Hart....the Road Warriors were not given that kind of opportunity. So the comparison between the Warriors' production of the 1990's and Piper's in NULL and VOID. Get it, idiot?!??! That is not a contradiction that is FACT.

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing up Razor Ramon?
You brought up Razor you idiot!!! You said he was not "main event" when he feuded with Razor. You know why?!? Because he subbed for Razor, so why even bring him up?!? YOU brought him up idiot!! It seems YOU are the one contradicting yourself Did he feud with after? No. So he got a pretty good spot if you ask me.

Quote:
Every short run I used as an example, and that you continually harp on, are actually making the point that he PRODUCED LITTLE AND STILL GOT POPS.
Again I am specifically talking about OVER a period of time?!? Do you understand English???? Again YOU brought up Bad News Brown at WM 6 (one match), I argues that does even compare to what to what the Road Warriors were getting. YOU brought Goldust (why you even brought this up is beyond me) because 1) This was a one-off. Of course Piper will get a pop. Goldust was HOT, the angle with Razor was HOT. How as that "little" in terms of production?!?!? It was one of greatest WM matches of ALL TIME?!?!?

Quote:
Now, you've thrown in this Bret elevating Piper nonsense. Elevated him to a two-month keep the IC belt warm for me and then disappear after our match level? Is that what he elevated him to?
You don't think Bret/Piper was a great feud and a great match?!? You don't think feuding with Bret Hart helped elevate Piper's stock?!?!? OK I am done with you. Goodbye.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:25 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Yeah, they were constantly embarrassed in that 97-98 run. Remember the NAO shaving Hawk's hair off? And NAO and DX put them through the announcer tables. And they seemingly always got the best of LOD. NAO might've won every single match in that feud.

But LOD stayed over and kept getting huge pops despite weak booking, lackluster feuds and matches.
Exactly. Who else got buried like that with no rebuttal? No one got buried like that and STILL got the massive pops.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:38 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
You are a COMPLETE and UTTER MORON. Let me break this down once and for all for your TINY pea brain.

"Little" in terms of MATCHES, FEUDS, ANGLES. On others wrestling production. Not "little" in terms of disappearing for two years then reappearing for one match then going on hiatus again. I am talking a RUN. A period of over several YEARS. Not just one or two matches. That is NOT production. Little or big. Get a fucking a clue!! You're only talking about a SMALL part of Piper's career 1990-1992 and one match in 1996. I'm talking about a DECADE of the Road Warriors career 1990 all the way up to 1998. Apples and oranges. Again when he had his run in WCW he was main event with Hogan, he worked with Hall and Nash, he teamed with Flair, he wrestled Bret Hart....the Road Warriors were not given that kind of opportunity. So the comparison between the Warriors' production of the 1990's and Piper's in NULL and VOID. Get it, idiot?!??! That is not a contradiction that is FACT.

You brought up Razor you idiot!!! You said he was not "main event" when he feuded with Razor. You know why?!? Because he subbed for Razor, so why even bring him up?!? YOU brought him up idiot!! It seems YOU are the one contradicting yourself Did he feud with after? No. So he got a pretty good spot if you ask me.

Again I am specifically talking about OVER a period of time?!? Do you understand English???? Again YOU brought up Bad News Brown at WM 6 (one match), I argues that does even compare to what to what the Road Warriors were getting. YOU brought Goldust (why you even brought this up is beyond me) because 1) This was a one-off. Of course Piper will get a pop. Goldust was HOT, the angle with Razor was HOT. How as that "little" in terms of production?!?!? It was one of greatest WM matches of ALL TIME?!?!?

You don't think Bret/Piper was a great feud and a great match?!? You don't think feuding with Bret Hart helped elevate Piper's stock?!?!? OK I am done with you. Goodbye.
Newly single Bret Hart helped elevate Rowdy Roddy Piper's stock?? This is where I am done with you. But real quick...

Please point out where I, not you, brought up Razor Ramon and I will declare you the winner, take back my suggestions that you are a buffoon and stop thinking you are clinically insane. Waiting...