WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-27-2017, 06:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestling skills wise Cesaro is one of the if not thee best in the WWE and if the world title was awarded solely on wrestling skill then he would be a multi time world champion by now, Unfortunately with talking and promos he's incredibly boring, He doesn't look anything special and has zero presence, Looking too much like a regular guy, I'm trying not to knock him as I'm a fan of his I'm just being honest. Kind of reminds me of how someone like Shelton Benjamen was back in the day, Incredible wrestler to watch but so dull in any kind of promo or storyline outside the ring.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Cesaro is too bland. He's like creating a wrestler in video games, if you don't bother changing anything with how the wrestler looks and just leave him on default but give him some real interesting wrestling moves instead. That's Cesaro. That won't get you the big matches at Mania or any important titles outside tag titles. Inject a personality and some mic skills into the guy, turn him heel and change his gimmick to Antonio The Butcher Cesaro and you have a guy who could have U.S or I.C title runs.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:14 AM

radec is looking to come up from OCW...radec is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Cesaro is too bland. He's like creating a wrestler in video games, if you don't bother changing anything with how the wrestler looks and just leave him on default but give him some real interesting wrestling moves instead. That's Cesaro. That won't get you the big matches at Mania or any important titles outside tag titles. Inject a personality and some mic skills into the guy, turn him heel and change his gimmick to Antonio The Butcher Cesaro and you have a guy who could have U.S or I.C title runs.
Are you writer of that awful period of WCW Face Hogan? Only an idiot would come up with that. Never become a wrestling booker.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:05 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't think anything necessarily went wrong so much as there probably wasn't anything major planned for him in the first place.

Even when Cesaro won the first Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, I can honestly say that I didn't expect anything to come of it because I knew from the beginning what the battle royal was really all about: a means of getting most of the male wrestlers on the roster onto the WrestleMania card so they could have a share of the biggest payday of the year. I didn't picture Cesaro rising through the ranks on his way to being a main eventer because it's obvious that when you look back on things, Vince just isn't interested or doesn't know what to do with him. During Vince's infamous podcast interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin, he all but through the WWE roster under the bus by not taking any responsibility for any problems plaguing WWE's creative process and pushing wrestlers, even though the buck ultimately stops with him because of his micromanaging style of having to be in direct control, and he especially mentioned Cesaro during his "brass ring" comment.

Vince can be a really weird cat when you actually stop to think about it. Cesaro is a unique talent, genuinely one of the most consistently high quality in-ring talents in WWE over the last decade, is freakishly strong, deceptively athletic, can wrestle just about any style comfortably and can pull good matches out of limited wrestlers; you'd think he'd be someone that a promoter would look at and say "I think this guy brings a lot to the table and I want to try doing something with him" but that hasn't really happened when it comes to Vince and Cesaro. When you add everything up, it only makes it all the more odd that Vince put the WWE Championship on Jinder Mahal when someone like Cesaro, who hasn't gotten the time of day from Vince, is simply a much better pro wrestler. I'm not saying that to necessarily bash Jinder, I'm willing to give him some time before I condemn or accept his push, but I'm of the opinion that Cesaro is just vastly more talented.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
Mr. Money in the Bank

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I don't think anything necessarily went wrong so much as there probably wasn't anything major planned for him in the first place.

Even when Cesaro won the first Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, I can honestly say that I didn't expect anything to come of it because I knew from the beginning what the battle royal was really all about: a means of getting most of the male wrestlers on the roster onto the WrestleMania card so they could have a share of the biggest payday of the year. I didn't picture Cesaro rising through the ranks on his way to being a main eventer because it's obvious that when you look back on things, Vince just isn't interested or doesn't know what to do with him. During Vince's infamous podcast interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin, he all but through the WWE roster under the bus by not taking any responsibility for any problems plaguing WWE's creative process and pushing wrestlers, even though the buck ultimately stops with him because of his micromanaging style of having to be in direct control, and he especially mentioned Cesaro during his "brass ring" comment.

Vince can be a really weird cat when you actually stop to think about it. Cesaro is a unique talent, genuinely one of the most consistently high quality in-ring talents in WWE over the last decade, is freakishly strong, deceptively athletic, can wrestle just about any style comfortably and can pull good matches out of limited wrestlers; you'd think he'd be someone that a promoter would look at and say "I think this guy brings a lot to the table and I want to try doing something with him" but that hasn't really happened when it comes to Vince and Cesaro. When you add everything up, it only makes it all the more odd that Vince put the WWE Championship on Jinder Mahal when someone like Cesaro, who hasn't gotten the time of day from Vince, is simply a much better pro wrestler. I'm not saying that to necessarily bash Jinder, I'm willing to give him some time before I condemn or accept his push, but I'm of the opinion that Cesaro is just vastly more talented.
I totally agree with you about the contrast between Cesaro & Jinder Mahal.

Some fans who liked Jinder's push, said that he paid his dues in WWE. What? While doing jobbing? Then I would like to see Tye Dillinger as the World Champion.

Paying dues is what Cesaro has done. Not Jinder who hasn't had a single memorable moment in his WWE career until this mega push. Memorable moments as well as matches while lurking in the midcard since forever. That's paying dues. But unfortunately he won't be pushed because Vince finds him boring. Plus, he is from Switzerland and so that country doesn't matter. USA, India etc matter more.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:16 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think 2 things went wrong, first one was the fact that they clearly did that for the shock value of the thing without truly any plans pass the battle royal. You could have put anybody in that spot and it would have been as good as Cesaro.

The second thing was they put him with heyman after his big win. The fact was sonce they really didn't have anything for him af mania and Heyman did have anything to do until summerslam because lesnar was taking one of his long break, they thought maybe if we put Cesaro with Heyman and build up some sort of rivalry by the end of the summer between Cesaro and Heyman, this would lead into a summerslam match between Cesaro and Lesnar. The problem they encountered was that they fogot that the fans wanted the face turn now and not in four months like they had planned so with the fans not caring about Cesaro because of some booking decisions, they just drop the whole thing and became the workhorse that he his right now.

Cesaro is kinda a rare bread of wrestler, were you put him in a single situation and he's can have a good match but looks just like any other wrestlers, then you put him in a tag team and suddenly he look like a superstars. I always loved cesaro in tag team situation more so then any single run he had. In my opinion, that's kinda were he need to stay for the time beeing because he shine way more in a tag team then anytime he's been on his own.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

they put Cesaro with Heyman, and used Heymans tv time to promote Lesnar instead of being a mouthpiece for Cesaro.