WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-15-2017, 12:48 PM

WWEWrestleFest is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
It would have been his wife unless he specifically identified someone else - as he did.

Makes sense too. Typically later in life marriages like Savage's last one are done as much for companionship as anything. Two people who don't want to be alone in their later years. There's obviously love of course, but the spouse in this case typically isn't the first choice to control the estate. Especially one like Savage's.

He was incredibly close with his brother, and they looked out for each other their entire lives. It only makes sense that he would have put his brother in charge of that. If he hadn't named anyone though... then yes, it would have been the spouse of 1 year.
From what I understand, he didn't just know her at the end of his life. It was someone he dated before he knew Miss Elizabeth, and he reconnected with her later in life. So while we think of him and Elizabeth together, he actually saw this woman as "the one that got away" and now he got a second chance with her.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEWrestleFest View Post
From what I understand, he didn't just know her at the end of his life. It was someone he dated before he knew Miss Elizabeth, and he reconnected with her later in life. So while we think of him and Elizabeth together, he actually saw this woman as "the one that got away" and now he got a second chance with her.
Except its doubtful that he had a small estate... Pretty sur he was worth some money when he died.

That sponsorship deal with slim Jim and wcw salary alone probably made him a millionaire multiple times.

He probably set his will in motion years before and named Lanny, because he could trust him.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:32 AM
WWE Women's Champion

MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEWrestleFest View Post
Yeah, that's how I understood it too.

Doesn't mean he's going to turn over a multi-million dollar estate from his family that he cared about more than anything, for her.

I'm sure he took care of her very well. If she hadn't 'gotten away' early in life, and had been by his side the entire time, then I'm sure she would have been the one in charge of everything.

But let's face it. Was there another person alive who could have articulated Randy's actual wishes better than Lanny? I don't think so.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If Bret stays in WWE, Montreal doesnt happen the way it did. Bret goes over in Canada, drops the belt at Rumble to HBK, Hart peters off into a feud with Shamrock, puts over Rocky Maivia. Retired form active wrestling in 2000 as he has stated in his book, Owen doesnt don the stupid Blue Blazer gimmick, instead gets an extended push as the final Hart, and his politicking backstage probably gets Owen a few more IC Title runs. Angle baits Hart into coming out of retirement for a classic match in 2002 at Wrestlemania 18 in Canada. Hart leads a stable the of Canadian guys like Edge, Christian, Jericho until DX come back across Harts path and feud into 2003-2004 where Hart hangs them up for good after going over Michaels at Mania 20 in the garden
Old 08-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It really was a bummer how it all worked out. WCW never quite used Bret right, and Bret wasn't happy there. However, I don't think Bret wouldve really shined in the WWF Attitude era of 98-00 where things were really over the top and the wrestling largely sucked.

However, I would've LOVED to see a healthy Bret back in the WWF/E in the early 2000s. Maybe one more match/feud with Michaels sometime after he returned. Bret and a prime, heel Jericho would've been phenomenal. Bret and Angle would've been a dream match and feud.

I would've loved to see Bret and Lesnar. I think they could've put on an all time classic. Bret was the ultimate storyteller.....imagine what he could've done as the older underdog vs. Brock?

Bret and Benoit put on a classic in WCW, we know they could've done great stuff together in WWE. Bret and Edge circa 2004/2005? Bret and legend killer Orton around 2004? Bret and prime HHH? He could've done so much great stuff in like 2001-2005. He would've been ages 44-48.....older, but still doable provided he was healthy. Jericho is 47 now and still doing it. Michaels was 44 and 45 when he put on those Wrestlemania classics with Taker. Bret was athletic as hell, but that wasn't why he was great. He likely would've been putting on amazing matches in those years if the concussions and stroke never happened.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

Definitely food for thought. The main thing is that Bret seems happy with his life today. His health is good, his memory is sharp and he can sit down on any given afternoon and reflect on a wonderful life. So good for him. Also, having so much money i nthe bank must be nice :-)
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Knockout Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
The main thing is that Bret seems happy with his life today.
Lol that's sarcasm, right? Because in nearly every interview of his I've read in recent years, he sounds like the most bitter person on the face of the planet. He rarely has a kind word to say about anybody or anything in the business. He just can't seem to let the screwjob go and it sounds like it has destroyed him for the past 20 years. He goes out of his way to say negative things about people where it's just not necessary, like Seth Rollins for example when he injured Sting a couple years ago (at Night of Champions, I believe). Bret didn't have to shit all over Seth about that. Accidents happen and I'm sure he felt bad enough already without Bret piling on. It's sad and I've lost a lot of respect for him due to his constant negativity.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 AM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with the following: See there's one aspect people aren't grasping with all this - some have touched close, but the reality is that Vince really was in last chance saloon financially when he asked Bret to go to WCW. He'd tried everything he knew in his comfort zone to turn the company around and it hadn't work, leaving the raunchy, Attitude direction as in reality, a last throw of the dice. Vince abandoned it and went back to his comfort zone first chance he got... marketing to kids.

As for Bret and the 20 year deal, I think even then Vince knew the writing was on the wall and the deal would never actually be honored in full. Either the company was gonna go under or Bret would eventually throw his toys from the pram and they'd negotiate a settlement.

What Vince did was offer Bret a win/win (in his mind) get pretty much the same money as the 20 year deal in a shorter space of time with WCW and it got the increasingly whiny (Wrestling With Shadows watched today shows Bret in a pretty negative light) and intransigent star who would have eventually caused a Montreal situation regardless.

Had he stayed, I don't think WWE would have been going "under as such" but I think Bret would have inadvertently damaged their success. WWE was able to create at least new main event star EVERY Year for the next decade except for 03 when Goldberg took that slot. Look at the list below... had Bret stayed for any period of that 20 year contract, one or more of those pushes couldn't have happened. He was already protecting his "spot" despite his claims that he'd drop to "anyone but Shawn" in 97... had the issue not been with him it might have been with the greener Rock, or not wanting to lose to Chris Jericho or Triple H who he didn't respect... or he'd have forced them to give Owen that title run at some point.

98 - Austin & Rock
99 - Foley & Trips
00 - Kurt Angle & Big Show
01 - Chris Jericho
02 - Brock Lesnar
04 - Eddie G, Orton, Benoit & JBL
05 - Cena & Batista
06 - Edge, RVD, Rey

There's also the possibility that signings would have been different and people jumping ship would not have done so. Someone like Jericho might have been excited by being able to face Bret in WWE... but they equally might have been wary that they'd be second string and not get the chances if he lived up to his increasing rep.

Remember word would filter through to WCW about how Bret was via the Kliq... they would only have "one side" of the story perhaps, but much of Bret's actions caught on camera on Wrestling With Shadows would have unnerved some talents on the way in. "Is he gonna power play us like The NWO do..." would have been a factor in some guys not going to WCW or leaving.

Would Owen be alive? Who knows - Personally, I think had Bret stayed then Owen would have been a one time WWF champion by May 99 and retired, living as the firefighter he planned to be... perhaps Final Destination style luck sees him killed fighting a fire instead?

SO realistically... it goes like this if Montreal doesn't happen and Bret is staying.

Bret doesn't drop to Shawn at Survivor Series... he chooses to drop to Taker. Shawn gets pissed and leaves for WCW... dying less than a year later in a drug related incident or car accident.

Bret gets the belt back at the Rumble to drop to Austin at 14 - but makes sure there is an "out" for himself via Taker interference, rather than letting Austin get the straight revenge and win for the prior year. That devalues Austin as there was no Mike Tyson/McMahon feud to kick off his run.

The Rock gets held down in the IC division at least another year, and Bret refuses to help elevate him as he feels he hasn't "paid his dues yet". This annoys Vince and the Ano'i/Samoan faction and starts to cause issues between them and the Harts. The Samoans feel Bret owes for Yoko doing him the favor back as Yoko could have legit refused to do so.

Davey Boy is made to put Rock over instead and buried in the match, souring relations further. We see a Hart Family v Samoan feud with Haku coming back to the WWE and legit making clear to Bret that no more of his games will be tolerated.

Bret finally refuses to job to Rocky one last time and it causes a severe altercation backstage with Haku, Afa and other members of the Anoi' family. Rocky stays out of it wisely but it's the final straw for Vince who makes plans for life without Bret.

Screwjob situation occurs at Wrestlemania 15 when Rocky is handed a shock and "screwjob" title win. Bret is without a WCW contract and has to accept reduced terms, but the bad blood with the Samoan/Tongans is even there in WCW with guys like The Barbarian there.

Owen retires rather than face repercussions (although the Samoans never have an issue with him or Davey, only Bret, Bruce and Neidhart who all stick close to Bret) and the Hart family "splinters" in real life. with Davey staying in the WWF and being pushed - with Rocky dropping the title to him as a receipt for putting him over strong at one of their UK Events... Davey gets to lift the title in the UK and top off his career... he never goes to WCW and gets the back injury... away from Neidhart's influence he cleans himself up and becomes a solid WWE main eventer for the later years of his life, helping the burgeoning UK PPV/RAW events and their TV deal with Channel 4 and later ITV although as with real life - a lot of the damage was done already.

The controversy helps make the WWF must see again and with Rock and Austin's "Battle Of THe Badasses" it goes over the top... it takes another year to win the war but it's still won... Foley doesn't get the title but Davey does.

Bret makes it to Mania 15 tops... made REAL enemies that severely limit his options in the business and Shawn is dead...with Davey perhaps still being here, although badly aging. Butterfly Effect perhaps... but VERY likely had he not gone when he did.

If his options were very limited Hart could've went to ECW for a year or two to refresh his image and then try to return to WWE.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic Enigma View Post
In October of 1996 Bret Hart signed a 20 year contract with the WWE, obviously we all know what happened...Vince pulled out of the deal, screwed Bret, he left for WCW for huge money, Owen died, he was concussed and forced to retire, suffered a stroke, and eventually reconciled with vince about 15 years later. BUT!

What if none of that had played out that way?

October 1996, Bret signs the contract, and everything works out just fine. His contract would've just expired a few months ago. Where do you think Bret would be in his career at this point, how long do you think he would've continued wrestling for? What do you think his role would've been with WWE in his later years? Trainer, agent, manager, producer, Vince's right hand man? Would he have wrestled past his prime like Flair and Hogan?

It's a fun thing to speculate on.

I'd like to think he would've had a good run through the Attitude Era, similar to Undertaker but still would've had a back seat to Austin and Rock. Probably would've retired from active competition around 2003-5, eventually becoming an agent. I think he would've struggled with no longer wrestling, but without the health problems would've been a contributor for sure. Eventually ending up in a role similar to Pat Paterson's now, where he helps to book big matches, acts as an ambassador for the company, etc. Maybe would've become a GM at some point.
A super interesting What If question. There's no question that Brett Hart had a Major ego and strong opinions on what direction wrestling was going in all the time. His contract continues and what happens next.....

The Attitude Era. Could Brett's brain even survive this era at all? You would think he'd be on the constant bitch fest about all the blood, sexual content and non stop hardcore matches going on.

I would think he wouldn't want his character tampered in anyway either but I'd think his act would go stale during his run and something would have changed right through the different eras. Possibly a more bastardly heel version of Bret Hart or a pompous, robe wearing Bret Hart who would want to destroy rookies and keep his spot at the top. Lol.

I think we really missed out on a good opportunity to see some good feuds too with this longer WWE Hart career.
Undertaker, John Cena, HHH, Edge, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Y2J all would have been great. Imagine Brett Hart going after Takers Streak at Wrestlemania or having a last match with Hulkamania Hulk Hogan at Mania? It's too bad really.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:39 AM

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

We could have seen an earlier version of the Straight Edge Society, had Bret been on board during the Attitude Era. Given his disgust with the content, his character could have been a hot heel who was trying to ruin the party. Lot of potential there.