WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:15 PM
RIPbossman RIPbossman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 52
RIPbossman is looking to come up from OCW...RIPbossman is looking to come up from OCW...RIPbossman is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Hogan Matches With The Wrong Outcome

Another Hogan topic from me...

What are some Hogan matches that had the wrong outcome, win or lose?

My picks:

Vs. The Genius, SNME

Hogan lost by countout after Mr. Perfect hit him with the title. Hogan shouldn't lose to Lenny Poffo under any circumstances.

Vs. Ultimate Warrior, WM 6

Warrior had tons of momentum going in, but him beating Hogan was when that era jumped the shark. Business went down when Warrior won the title and stayed down with future champions.

Vs. Sting, Starrcade

Hogan did lose, but it should have been clean. He was arguably the best heel ever, but even the best bad guys lose clean when the time calls for it. This time called for it.

A match outcome I do agree with...

Vs. Shawn Michaels, SummerSlam 2005

Michaels was a full time performer and Hogan wrestled occasionally. However, HBK didn't want to be champion and limited himself to being one of the top guys, not THE top guy. He didn't need to beat Hogan to fulfill that role. Instead we got a great story of the legendary good guy beating the legendary bad guy who wad jealous of him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Kodo Sawaki Kodo Sawaki is online now
Registered User
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 911
Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Summerslam 2006- Orton vs Hogan

To date Hogan last match in WWE and Orton with his "Legend Killer" gimmick. Really no need for Hogan to win at all. Guessing if he maybe stayed after that he would do the job for Randy but Randy taking a leg drop and pinfall in 2006 isnt really good way to elevate your next main event player.

Wrestlemania 9- Hogan vs Yokozuna

Not only that you had Bret Hart losing to Yokozuna but Hogan who in matter of seconds took title off Yokozuna. Which did nothing to either Yokozuna or Hart.

Fingerpoke of Doom

OK this one is more on Nash but fact that Nash ended Goldbergs streak which was hottest storyline at WCW and just gave it to Hogan next night was just wrong and start of fall of WCW. And that booking was all Nash and Hogan.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:07 PM
ilapierre's Avatar
ilapierre ilapierre is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 463
ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

This is a good question:

Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall, to Jacques Rougeau in Canada.
Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall and on TV, to Arn Anderson.
Hogan should not have lost his match with Flair at Uncensored 99.
Hogan should have lost clean to Sting at Starcade.
Hogan should have lost, clean, to Randy Savage the Nitro after Spring Stampedie 98.
Hogan should NOT have lost to Roddy Piper at Starrcade 97.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 PM
ilapierre's Avatar
ilapierre ilapierre is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 463
ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Summerslam 2006- Orton vs Hogan

To date Hogan last match in WWE and Orton with his "Legend Killer" gimmick. Really no need for Hogan to win at all. Guessing if he maybe stayed after that he would do the job for Randy but Randy taking a leg drop and pinfall in 2006 isnt really good way to elevate your next main event player.

Wrestlemania 9- Hogan vs Yokozuna

Not only that you had Bret Hart losing to Yokozuna but Hogan who in matter of seconds took title off Yokozuna. Which did nothing to either Yokozuna or Hart.

Fingerpoke of Doom

OK this one is more on Nash but fact that Nash ended Goldbergs streak which was hottest storyline at WCW and just gave it to Hogan next night was just wrong and start of fall of WCW. And that booking was all Nash and Hogan.
1 Randy Orton hasn't lost a match since his match with Hogan.
2 Hogan vs Hart shouldhave been the money match. Not Hitmanvs Yokozuna.
3 Nash shoudn't have beaten Goldberg's streak. Nash was NOT booker in December 98. It was 8 days later that Nash laid down, not the next night.

Last edited by ilapierre : 04-22-2017 at 08:11 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2017, 09:56 PM
relentless1's Avatar
relentless1 relentless1 is offline
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 505
relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Hogan should've beaten Warrior

Hogan should've beaten Piper at Starrcade 96

Hogan should've lost clean and decisively to Sting at Starrcade 97
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 AM
BigDaddyKewl BigDaddyKewl is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 411
BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

In what ended up being Hulk's last match in the 90s I think Hulk should've put Yokozuna over clean at King of the Ring 93. The finish was poorly executed and really hurt the match with the Japanese photographer and the exploding camera came off awkward. Hogan had beaten Yokozuna in seconds at Wrestlemania 9 and was leaving the WWE. We've all heard the stories behind the scenes that Hulk refused to put over Bret at the time, well if he's not going lose to Bret he could've at least lost to Yokozuna clean. Regardless Yokozuna had a good title reign and carried the belt into the next Mania, but I think it could of had more of an impact if Hulk Put Yokozuna over clean.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2017, 05:48 AM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,457
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

What about Savage vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania V? My understanding is that House Show numbers went down after Hogan beat Savage, the reason being was that there was the heat for Savage being a heel and a champion was gone after Hogan won the title back.

I would also like to add a recent one which was HBK vs. Hogan. IMO HBK should have gone over at Summerslam 2005. This would have done two things (1) HBK wouldn't have oversold this whole match turning it into a joke (I mean sure HBK was being kind of unprofessional here but Hogan probably had a hand in it too) and (2) Hogan would have agreed to a return match to get back the win (as he always does).

My guess is if HBK went over Hogan at Summerslam there would have been a Hogan vs. HBK rematch at WM22. Which would have made the card much stronger instead of wasting HBK with Vince McMahon.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:45 PM
FlairFan2003 FlairFan2003 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,582
FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPbossman View Post
Another Hogan topic from me...

What are some Hogan matches that had the wrong outcome, win or lose?

My picks:

Vs. The Genius, SNME

Hogan lost by countout after Mr. Perfect hit him with the title. Hogan shouldn't lose to Lenny Poffo under any circumstances.

Vs. Ultimate Warrior, WM 6

Warrior had tons of momentum going in, but him beating Hogan was when that era jumped the shark. Business went down when Warrior won the title and stayed down with future champions.

Vs. Sting, Starrcade

Hogan did lose, but it should have been clean. He was arguably the best heel ever, but even the best bad guys lose clean when the time calls for it. This time called for it.

A match outcome I do agree with...

Vs. Shawn Michaels, SummerSlam 2005

Michaels was a full time performer and Hogan wrestled occasionally. However, HBK didn't want to be champion and limited himself to being one of the top guys, not THE top guy. He didn't need to beat Hogan to fulfill that role. Instead we got a great story of the legendary good guy beating the legendary bad guy who wad jealous of him.
First, the Poffo match was a clear screw job, Hogan dominated from start to finish and the ending served the purpose of furthering the main storyline of the moment (Hogan vs Perfect). AND it was a surprise, generating buzz among fans. Finally, Hogan was so protected by the screw job he wasnt hurt at all by the loss (Poffo gained a bit). Absolutely right call the way this match ended.

HBK was not a full time wrestler at any point in his 2002 post come back. He was a part timer who would hot shot selected feuds, mostly for PPV events, took long absences off, and rarely did house shows. This was a match up of two PART TIME legends, Hogan was a bigger name, he got the win, but HBK was not even close to full time.

Hogan wanted time off after WM 6 & no superstar in WWE matched the fan support and excitement of Warrior. ABSOLUTELY the right call, Hogan was already transitioning into more of a part time role, UW was younger, and arguably the most over star on the roster. The only argument against this would have been to have Hogan screwjobbed by a heel like Rude or DiBiase, but who would fans want to see face the new champ in Hogan's absence (UW). And when Hogan came back after his histus who would fans want in the title picture ? Hogan of course. You could make an argument for 1) Hogan screwjobbed by heel at WM 6. 2) UW beats heel & wins belt. 3) WM 7 then becomes Hogan vs UW.

Either way, the biggest money match was Hogan-Warrior, after more than 5 years without a pinfall loss (clean) Hogan was due for a set back, Warrior was bigger than anyone else on the team at the time. UW failures as champ have nothing to do with it, and some (not all) of the decline in business was a nationwide trend affecting everyone in 1990-93, even when Hogan was active.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:54 PM
FlairFan2003 FlairFan2003 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,582
FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKewl View Post
In what ended up being Hulk's last match in the 90s I think Hulk should've put Yokozuna over clean at King of the Ring 93. The finish was poorly executed and really hurt the match with the Japanese photographer and the exploding camera came off awkward. Hogan had beaten Yokozuna in seconds at Wrestlemania 9 and was leaving the WWE. We've all heard the stories behind the scenes that Hulk refused to put over Bret at the time, well if he's not going lose to Bret he could've at least lost to Yokozuna clean. Regardless Yokozuna had a good title reign and carried the belt into the next Mania, but I think it could of had more of an impact if Hulk Put Yokozuna over clean.
Yokoxuna was a heel, bad guys dont cleanly beat heroes, that's bad for business. Plus WWE wanted to protect its biggest ever superstar on his way out while leaving open the option for a return bout. Good decission all the way around. Yoko still got major heat from trouncing Brett at Mania & pinning Hogan, forcing him out of WWE, exactly what WWE wanted. This match outcome was fine.

Now I personally think WWE should have had Hogan vs Brett with Hart winning, Hogan leaving in a dignified manner, and Brett feuding with an outraged Yoko afterwards. WWE wasnt sold on Hart that much and after 12 years of almost non stop long term fan fav champs it a good argument exists for WWE going with a long term villain on top. Strictly speaking Yoko vs Hogan, Im fine with the outcome.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 PM
FlairFan2003 FlairFan2003 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,582
FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
This is a good question:

Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall, to Jacques Rougeau in Canada.
Hulk Hogan had NO business losing, by pinfall and on TV, to Arn Anderson.
Hogan should not have lost his match with Flair at Uncensored 99.
Hogan should have lost clean to Sting at Starcade.
Hogan should have lost, clean, to Randy Savage the Nitro after Spring Stampedie 98.
Hogan should NOT have lost to Roddy Piper at Starrcade 97.
Hogan put over a friend in his hometown in a meaningless non title match that wasnt televised (Rougeau in Canada). Nothing wrong with this, it hurt no one

Hogan was over due for a major loss and Piper was just the guy to deliver it and make fans happy (Starrcade 96). WCW fans & likely fans overall would have preferred Flair here as Mr WCW, anti NWO, etc but remember he was on injured reserve rehabbing rotator cuff surgery. Piper was a long established legend with a well documented history against Hogan (similar to Flair) and was clearly established as anti NWO, etc. Plus, the title wasnt on the line, this was a feel good/give back match for the fans & Hogan's loss made fans happy, this was a good call. Plus, while it added some much vulnerability to Hogan & NWO, Hogan still kept the belt so balance of power didnt really shift.

WCW needed a jolt in the early days of live Nitro, and Hogan suffering a pinfall loss on TV was big (Hogan had lost only 3 pinfall decissions since 1984, 12 years earlier). Arn Anderson was a well respected vetetan star with over a decade near the top of the card, and lets not forget the match was hardly clean, Hogan was clearly cheated. This match furthered the evolution of the reformed Four Horsemen as a legit threat to Hogan/Savage/Sting fan fave power trio. The top feud on the card was Flair-Savage, which this match (and Flair's much more competitive but still unclean win a week later over Hogan) clearly burnished, plus it added an air of vulnerability to Hogan to aide interest in his storyline vs Big Show, which considering what a newbie Show was then needed all the help it could get, and since WCW was making a huge investment in Show, his run vs Hogan was hugely important to establishing his credibility with the audience, so any burnishment is good.

Hogan shouldnt have lost at Uncensored 99 only because that match shouldnt have taken place. Flair was red hot when he returned and should have gone over clean vs Hogan at SuperBrawl 99. That would have created storyline chaos for the newly reformed NWO if Hogan dropped the belt to his arch nemesis (much to fans delight) after the FingerPoke of Doom, a great catalyst for stress between Hogan-Nash-Biachoff. Plus, at that point in Feb 99 Goldberg was super over and there was big money potential in re matches with him vs either Hogan and/or Nash. Meanwhile, Sting, Savage, & Hart are all soon returning from injured reserve with the NWO on its heels for the first time since early in their 96 inception with a potential wild card as Pres & Champion (Flair), afterall, he was Mr Fan Favorite Lives Wrestling Loves Fans Pro Tradition when his company was under attack & his arch rival had all the power, but there a ton of storyline directions WCW could have gone here with a guy known as "The Dirtiest Player In The Game". Especially if WCW would have a had a long range plan to put their only true YOUNG superstar (Goldberg) back on top by year's end. So much money just flushed down the shoot here, add Hogan winning at SuperBrawl 99 as an outcome that should not have happened.


Hogan-Savage with Macho getting a clean win shouldnt have been wasted on a Nitro, Savage deserved that on a premium PPV setting (SuperBrawl, Bash At The Beach, Haliween Havoc, Starrcade).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices