WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2017, 02:36 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As others have said, I recall the reaction to the match being extremely positive and was the last great match CM Punk had before walking out of WWE on the post Royal Rumble Raw the next January. This was also before they started using the formula that so many detest now and before Lesnar got so lazy; you know, Lesnar doing little more than a German Suplex while the wrestlers sell each one of them as if they've just been doing 90+ in a head on collision into a brick wall.

During this time period, I thought Lesnar was worth the attention and money he was getting as he was actually involved in competitive wrestling matches rather than glorified squashes that made damn near everyone on the roster look like scrubs.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Some people shit all over the outcome but they were generally high on the quality of the match. The word 'bury' was used unnecessarily.

People is dum
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 04-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I remember going into work the next day, and my co-workers who are WWE fans happened to skip that event for whatever reason but they were anxious to hear about what happened.

The only match I remembered well enough to give them a decent description of was Punk vs Lesnar.

I can still remember one spot, where I'm not sure if it was planned or an accident. Brock powerbombed Punk, but Punk didn't get his arms out to brace for the impact so he ended up getting slammed onto the ribs of his back.

I remember it as a great match during a great event.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:13 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I loved this match and think that it stands among both CM Punk's and Lesnar's best. It was well-structured and somewhat believable, with Punk doing the "stick and move" and he kept taking a beating and coming back for more. I also liked that Punk lost because he got distracted by Heyman and Lesnar took advantage. I really thought the whole angle was well done, and that match capped it off well.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I was completely opposed to it before it happened, thinking Punk was not credibie enough to realistically take on Lesnar. However they proved me wrong and the match was good.

Another highlight is that great segment where Brock talks to the camera about CM Punk thinking he's tough because he does beginner MMA classes haha
Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 AM

DIReviews is looking to come up from OCW...

Punk/Lesnar from Summerslam 2013 was amazing. I absolutely LOVED that feud and the match was the perfect ending for it. I thought it was a textbook way to do big man/little man matches and wrestlers should be studying tapes of it in years to come. It's the best match Lesnar has had since his return in 2012 and possibly in his career, while Punk's list of great matches will have this one near the top too.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

this match confirmed in Punks mind that he deserved to headline Wrestlemania 30. When news filtered Batista was returning and getting that spot, Punk finally had enough. History shows him leaving actually opened the door for Daniel Bryan's story to be redirected and told correctly for the greatest Mania moment of all time
Old 06-30-2017, 04:31 AM
Million Dollar Champion

shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...shooter_mcgavin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If WWE wanted Lesnar to end Undertaker's streak at WM30 Punk should have gone over at Summer Slam. The reason being is that it wasn't even a convincing win for Lesnar anyways since he needed Heyman's interference to win.

Also Lesnar from his 2012 debut until before Wrestlemania XXX his return was sort of a flop. He lost to Cena, lost to Triple H, and had to beat Triple H with a low blow.

I actually thought his win over taker at WMXXX was a reboot for him, and a successful one at that but before that Lesnar's return was kind of a wash and a win for Punk would have benefited CM Punk greatly while Lesnar gets his WM30 reboot.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:51 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
If WWE wanted Lesnar to end Undertaker's streak at WM30 Punk should have gone over at Summer Slam. The reason being is that it wasn't even a convincing win for Lesnar anyways since he needed Heyman's interference to win.

Also Lesnar from his 2012 debut until before Wrestlemania XXX his return was sort of a flop. He lost to Cena, lost to Triple H, and had to beat Triple H with a low blow.

I actually thought his win over taker at WMXXX was a reboot for him, and a successful one at that but before that Lesnar's return was kind of a wash and a win for Punk would have benefited CM Punk greatly while Lesnar gets his WM30 reboot.
I agree. Though Brock's matches before the "reboot" were far better. He actually still had matches and not just suplex squashes.

But there was zero good reason for HHH to beat Brock at that point, and having Cena beat him in his first match back was terrible too, even though the match was awesome.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think this was one of his last matches before the suplex city garbage? Yeah it was an amazing match. When Brock actually has matches he is great, but lately he seems to like to do the bare minimum much to the chagrin of fans. Joe vs Lesnar could even be better than this match if they let it.