WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar Summerslam 2013

Just watched this event and match for the first time. I was following at the time, but did not watch that event. Maybe Im remembering it wrong but I could've sworn that the IWC narrative on that match was negative.

I loved that match! I had forgotten who won, so the uncertainty was part of it. It's hard to believe that just a few years ago Lesnar actually took bumps and performed more moves than supplexes, F-5's, and shoulders to the midsection in the corner. He actually wrestled matches. I miss it.

Abyway, one of my favorite aspects of the Network is coming upon great matches that aren't the same matches that everyone hypes over and over and that I've already seen. This was a lot of fun to watch for the first time.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's indeed a very good match. And to my knowledge, it was well-received by most people. I guess that it was even Match Of The Year candidate.

Brock Lesnar was way more interesting when he wasn't doing just two moves and squashing his opponents. The highly competitive matches >> Squashes. The former never gets old while the latter gets boring and stale soon.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
It's indeed a very good match. And to my knowledge, it was well-received by most people. I guess that it was even Match Of The Year candidate.

Brock Lesnar was way more interesting when he wasn't doing just two moves and squashing his opponents. The highly competitive matches >> Squashes. The former never gets old while the latter gets boring and stale soon.
Hmm, I must be remembering wrong. Or were people mad that Punk lost maybe?

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised to come upon a great match that I had never seen and that I hadn't heard a ton of hype about.

I had problems with Brock losing to Cena and HHH(twice I think?) in his first few years back, but the matches were so much better. The first Cena suplex city squash was cool, but the format of his matches has really run its course now.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Yeah I recall most people being happy with the match other than Brock actually needing Heyman to win. Punk definitely laid the blueprint for having a smaller guy going up against Lesnar in his current form. Another reason the Ambrose/Lesnar match was such a colossal disappointment. We saw what can happen when it's done right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Easily the best match Lesnar has had since returning, with a great tag line.

Punk used the stipulations to perfection, including a rather epic dick punch, showing throughout the match (and feud) that he was smarter than Brock, only to lose his focus by allowing his anger at Heyman to distract him.

It was easily my Match of the Year.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I too suspect you're mis-remembering. I recall a positive reception to the match. If anything, perhaps the match might have been outshined by Bryan vs Cena, but that's pretty subjective.

Gotta say, too, because it shared a card with the two matches above, Christian vs del Rio is not remembered as fondly as it should be. Outstanding match, yet still the third from best on the card.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 04-08-2017, 01:43 PM
The Icon

rko57 is looking to come up from OCW...rko57 is looking to come up from OCW...rko57 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
I too suspect you're mis-remembering. I recall a positive reception to the match. If anything, perhaps the match might have been outshined by Bryan vs Cena, but that's pretty subjective.

Gotta say, too, because it shared a card with the two matches above, Christian vs del Rio is not remembered as fondly as it should be. Outstanding match, yet still the third from best on the card.
Yes, most people forget about Christian/Del Rio for the WHC that same night. For me, this was a great PPV as CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Christian were 3 of my favorites at the time. So to see all 3 in the top 3 matches of SummerSlam was pretty cool.

As for the Punk/Lesnar match itself, it was not only MOTN, but also MOTY for me. I remember a lot of praise for the match when it happened But hey, that was like 3.5 years ago already, so it's all good. Wow, can't believe Punk has already been gone for over 3 years now. Seems like it was just yesterday when all the reports came out that he left...

As somebody mentioned above, I really expected the Ambrose/Lesnar match to be very similar to this as it really could've made Ambrose a true main event star, even with a loss. Oh well.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:04 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

It was being overshadowed by Bryan/Cena and what was going on after but everybody thought it was good match. I liked the tagline "The Best vs The Beast" and whole match was very good and even though Punk lost he looked like million dollars there.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:29 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

I've never seen a CM Punk match since 2009, but i thought people had a positive reaction to the match..
Old 04-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

I actually remember the double main event of that SummerSlam being overwhelmingly well received by the online community at the time. I had both matches in the Match of the Year conversation.

Edit: in fact they shared the vote for that MOTY honor on this site that year: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=266323

Last edited by Papa Pillman : 04-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.