WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Formerly Global Conquest
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

FightOwensFight is looking to come up from OCW...FightOwensFight is looking to come up from OCW...FightOwensFight is looking to come up from OCW...FightOwensFight is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Does AJ Styles need to debut at Rumble at this point?

First off, I know nothing has been confirmed by WWE, but what are your thoughts on AJ Styles needing to make his debut at the Rumble this weekend? Just seems to me too much is being said within WWE for it to not be a done deal. You have:

Balor with the picture wearing the Bullet Club t-shirt holding the door open to the WWE Performance Center with the caption "they should be here by now".

Samoa Joe posting pics of himself with Nakamura (not related to Styles, but same story)

WWE running an article about the rumor they were all coming to WWE.

Styles referencing the Rumble in an indie appearance over the weekend.

Styles last ROH appearance being the night before the Rumble.

I just think, with all the hype this seems to be generating, they are letting the fans run with the assumption he will be there, and while not confirming, they certainly aren't dismissing it. I would think the reaction would be fairly harsh (especially in Orlando where Styles made his name with TNA) if he is a no-show.

Thoughts?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'd send him straight to NXT until after WM season and I'm firm on that. Debuting him at the RR in an obvious losing effort(unless he's going to ruin someone else's chances) ruins his debut. Notice you said Balor was holding the door open to the Performance Center - which is exactly where he should be(no pun intended). I think he's a great signing and great worker but I can wait. But given the recent reports that WWE doesn't want Styles competing in his final ROH date I'm unsure what to make of it.

Last edited by J.J. : 01-19-2016 at 07:41 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 08:25 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6636...tyles#/slide/1

This report from the main page would seem to indicate that the plan is for Styles to be the only new signing to show up immediately on the main roster, but that debut will occur the night after the Rumble. The report speculates that the company doesn't trust it's fans to be familiar enough with Styles to make a surprise Rumble appearance garner the type of reaction that would be hoped. With a Raw debut, the report proposes that vignettes would air earlier in the night to familiarize the audience with Styles prior to his on-screen premier.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Yemrez Reqonıc
Mr. Money in the Bank

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I will be happy on AJ Styles debuting at Royal Rumble just to initiate his first Wrestlemania feud!

But please no need to send the guy to NxT. Balor, Crews, Corbin, Itami, Joe and Zayn are enough for NxT. Not to forget Shinsuke Nakamura. He should definitely go straight to the main roster!

sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 09:15 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pillman View Post
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6636...tyles#/slide/1

This report from the main page would seem to indicate that the plan is for Styles to be the only new signing to show up immediately on the main roster, but that debut will occur the night after the Rumble. The report speculates that the company doesn't trust it's fans to be familiar enough with Styles to make a surprise Rumble appearance garner the type of reaction that would be hoped. With a Raw debut, the report proposes that vignettes would air earlier in the night to familiarize the audience with Styles prior to his on-screen premier.
That's basically what I'm hearing as well from other dirtsheets. I also read last week that they wanted to put him in the Rumble but the news about the signing's leaked out and that sort of ruined their plans.

I think out of the four Styles will be the one to make a main roster debut right away, don't see much for him to do in NXT, unless he feuds with Balor but that probably won't happen. Aren't they on the same side. Anyway if he shows up on the RAW after the Rumble it will be interesting.

You never know though the WWE could be running a swerve on us, he could show up, win the damm thing, and well there you go.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 09:38 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

wwe fans will have no idea who he is because they don't know anything outside of wwe. Unless they are going to let him win the Rumble, which we know won't happen, no use in having him debut at the Rumble as the crowd will not react as wwe wants and this could hurt AJ in the wwe. If they were going to let him win, it would be a different story as the fans don't need to know who he is in that case - unknown wrestler comes in and wins the Rumble is a storyline in itself but we know wwe won't give him that kind of push.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't think anything "needs" to happen. When we start using the word need, we seem to get it into our heads that anything other than that scenario is dumb and illogical. Would it be cool if AJ Styles debuted at the Rumble? I say yes. But does it need to happen? No, and why would it? It's not like he's going to win it, his debut would be cool for 2 minutes and than everybody would forget about it, he'd be debuting in an event where he's already lost in the shuffle, and it's much less impactful than debuting him the proper way. Personally, I thought wasting an AJ Styles debut on the Rumble would have been a very, very stupid idea. Cool, but stupid nonetheless.

It's actually better for him to debut the Raw after the Rumble. That way his appearance can actually be used to set something up, and he comes in as a much more legitimate factor to the casuals.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:41 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

I also don't want to see him just as one of the thirty in the Rumble. I think they shold build him up first with vignettes and let the anticipation build. For fans that aren't familiar with AJ Styles it introduces him and showcases why he's awesome, and for fans who are already in the know it will just get them more excited. Overall, it just makes the moment when he debuts on Raw that much bigger. Make no mistake about it, AJ Styles isn't just some indy guy, he is probably one of if not the best wrestler in the world. The same goes for Nakamura. These aren't spot monkey guys who will just give you a nice match you'll ultimately forget about. AJ Styles and Nakamura were at different points the top heel and top face in Japan, delivering some of the greatest wrestling matches to ever take place on any continent. They are master storytellers in the ring and they can truly bring something special to the WWE.

It is so important that these guys stand out in the midcard era. They can't just be lost in th shuffle with everyone else, they have too much to offer.

If Anderosn and Gallows debut on NXT that's fine. They can show up in the main event at Takeover: Dallas and align with Finn Balor. Have the Bullet Club stand tall to end the show. Then put the Bullet Club over everybody. Balor continues his run as NXT Champion, Anderson and Gallows beocme NXT Tag Team Champions. Sending Styles to the main roster immediately makes sense. Balor, Anderson and Gallows can eventuallly follow later on, where they will join forces with Styles to turn him heel and fucking take everything over. The Bullet Club got over big time without any kind of WWE marketing machine behind them. In a WWE ring they could become something truly mainstream, but they need to be booked like the original NWO which means that for months the babyfaces can't get ahead. The heat needs to be overwhelming. Eventually if the Shield were to reunite out of desperation to battle the Bullet Club it could be a major draw.

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 01-19-2016 at 11:50 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...Cena Is A Punk Rocker is looking to come up from OCW...

If I'm going to debut AJ at the Rumble, I debut Joe with him. Have them come out around 25-26. Eliminate a couple jobbers and have the ring to themselves for about two minutes.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 01:03 AM

evildicey is looking to come up from OCW...

I would say it depends on how the wwe want to use him. Do they want yet another person to come in and pad out the mid card or do they go all in and have him be 'phenomenal'.

I'm a big Styles mark so this is how I would have it go down...

Roman enters at number 1, to really piss the crowd off I'd even have him eliminate 26 other men. Have Lesnar eliminated by the Wyatt Family. They look to do the same to Roman but he summons the strength of super cena and eliminates them, same with the league of nation. Finally, with the crowd shitting on the rumble worse than the previous 2, out comes no. 29...HHH.

Roman makes short work of him and stands there lapping up the boo's if there are any and everyone waits for no. 30. Then out comes Styles, he and Roman battle it out with Styles eventually winning (with or without help).

I think that would make the most headlines in mainstream media, on the net etc has anyone ever won the WWE championship on their debut??

From there...Roman and HHH continues to Mania, I'd set up Wyatt v Lesnar there too. With Sting & Cens looking out I'd have Taker come out on Raw after rumble and challenge AJ to a retirement match at mania because he's faced everyone else.

Taker retires at mania by putting Styles over and there's you go. AJ Styles, WWE champion and a Saturn V rocket up his ass.

But hey ho...that's just me fantasy booking ✌ out.
sendpm.gif