WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...RomanfreakinReigns is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Brock Lesnar is ruining wrestling, and we're watching self-indulgently.

1)Like I stated in another thread, I'm watching Battleground 2015 just now, so as to catch up with stuff I've missed from the last 2 years.

2)So it's the mainevent and suplex city chants break out already, Rollins resists the first two attempts of the G-suplex, only to be G-suplexed later, like 5-6 times. Brock Lesnar's smiling smugly, complacently, looking like an utter moron.

3)I can't help but be fervently displeased and outraged. Even a part of the audience was booing, but a part chant "suplex city". So I wonder. Is this the same damn guy who wrestled a classic match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania? Or was it on account of Angle?

4)The suplex city chants must be a trend originated maybe only a year ago, but I utterly despise the chants and twitter BS that has thus been lavished on the glorious artform that is pro wrestling since 2010. From the ridiculous ape-like YES chants to superfluous "this is awesome" chants. And "suplex city" seems no different. If anything, all I saw in the Battleground match and otherwise from Brock is lame attempts at trying to either please the crowd or please himself by executing the G-suplex. Yes Brock, we know you're a substantial beast incorporate. But please try to fucking give something back to us, for the ridiculous amount of money you get. It's really like how back in 2004-2005 I used to keep German-suplexing my opponents (as Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit) in the WWE video game. But even I did it with finesse, as did Angle and Benoit in actuality. So why does Brock get all this money to just play a video game and annoyingly German-suplex an opponent in the mainevent match for the WWE WHC ?

5)I have profoundly admired/liked/loved/respected Kurt Angle, for years now. The suplex city chants would suit him more, for being a genuine suplex machine besides being an amazing athlete. I liked Chris Benoit as well. I remember Royal Rumble 2005 and Jim Ross screaming "Angle is suplexing the world"..and later Shawn Michaels reverses the Angle Slam and sweet chin musics him out of the Rumble. That's how to be a suplex machine and please the crowd, Lesnar.

6)Until recently, I believed Lesnar was awesome, a fucking attraction. But I have already known this- Paul Heyman's "I'm Paul Heyman and my client the beast..blah blah blah" is one of the most tedious, unoriginal and unimpressive schtick in Wrestling right now. I didn't particularly care about the Lesnar-Taker match from WM, or their recent feud. The only matches of Brock I enjoyed(after his 2012 return that is) were against Cena and Punk. I see no utility whatsoever, as a fan, in watching Brock, if he's only going to be a retard who does like ONE move throughout a mainevent match. I must seem to you to be a bit angry, even incoherent. But passion doesn't know coherence!

To end summarily, Brock Lesnar has very little to offer as long as the WWE pay him lavishly, he shows up with his stupid self-contained attitude, German suplexes a few wrestlers and leaves. IMO anyway. While Kurt Angle still gives his heart, blood, sweat and soul to a tiny company, Brock makes millions and ruins wrestling, and we keep watching.

Your thoughts?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...OYDK is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissanceman4life View Post
Brock Lesnar's smiling smugly, complacently, looking like an utter moron.

Well, I assume he's smiling because he's kicking the crap out of Rollins? He's smug and complacent because he knows Rollins has no chance against him. It's the gimmick, and part of the story being told in the ring. What's stupid is smiling while getting your ass kicked...

Quote:
3)I can't help but be fervently displeased and outraged. Even a part of the audience was booing, but a part chant "suplex city". So I wonder. Is this the same damn guy who wrestled a classic match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania? Or was it on account of Angle?

Have you watched Mania 19? Angle in no way carried Brock, it was a fantastic showing from two of the purest wrestlers to ever step into a wrestling ring. Things are different now. Brock did actually used to have back-and-forth matches until he ended The Streak, it was only after beating Taker that he began to destroy his opponents with multiple suplexes. Don't be fooled though. Brock wrestles this style because WWE wants him to. I have no doubt he can pull out 4 star matches whenever he damn well pleases. Hell, 2 of his matches in 2015 were nominated for MOTY.

Quote:
4)If anything, all I saw in the Battleground match and otherwise from Brock is lame attempts at trying to either please the crowd or please himself by executing the G-suplex.

Point of wrestling is pleasing your fans. The fans obviously love Suplex City.

Quote:
So why does Brock get all this money to just play a video game and annoyingly German-suplex an opponent in the mainevent match for the WWE WHC ?

Because he draws. He makes the company more money than anybody else when he shows up. His wrestling style hasn't affected that.

Quote:
The only matches of Brock I enjoyed(after his 2012 return that is) were against Cena and Punk. I see no utility whatsoever, as a fan, in watching Brock, if he's only going to be a retard who does like ONE move throughout a mainevent match. I must seem to you to be a bit angry, even incoherent. But passion doesn't know coherence!

Yes there are a few fans that feel this way. As I'm seeing more and more of these threads pop up, I think eventually the crowd will begin to turn on Lesnar. Only seems like a matter of time now.

Quote:
To end summarily, Brock Lesnar has very little to offer as long as the WWE pay him lavishly, he shows up with his stupid self-contained attitude, German suplexes a few wrestlers and leaves. IMO anyway. While Kurt Angle still gives his heart, blood, sweat and soul to a tiny company, Brock makes millions and ruins wrestling, and we keep watching.

Your thoughts?
My thoughts are that Angle is a wrestling mark, Lesnar is a money mark. Angle has extreme passion for the wrestling business and probably only still wrestles because of his love for it. Lesnar on the other hand is in it to make as much money as possible while doing the least amount of work possible. We're talking about two completely different wrestling mindsets here. It's almost like comparing Bret Hart to Goldberg.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:08 PM

pipebomber is looking to come up from OCW...pipebomber is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
It's really like how back in 2004-2005 I used to keep German-suplexing my opponents (as Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit) in the WWE video game. But even I did it with finesse, as did Angle and Benoit in actuality. So why does Brock get all this money to just play a video game and annoyingly German-suplex an opponent in the mainevent match for the WWE WHC ?
so... explain to me how you german suplexed someone in a video game with finesse?

as has been stated he is getting paid to do those things because that's what wwe wants him to do, not because he is incapable of putting on 5 star matches. the crowd chants for suplex city and wants to see him suplex the crap out of people. that is why he does it. some people don't like it but you cant please everybody ever so that's how it goes.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
WWF Hardcore Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...

That - Main Event- match should be erased from WWEs history books. It wasn't a Main Event level match, the concept was nothing more than SQUASH and made The Champion look ultra weak, even weaker than he was being booked at the time. The only thing that match did was start the Taker - Lesnar feud that they could have done a hundred other ways than wasting a main event match for.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
That - Main Event- match should be erased from WWEs history books. It wasn't a Main Event level match, the concept was nothing more than SQUASH and made The Champion look ultra weak, even weaker than he was being booked at the time. The only thing that match did was start the Taker - Lesnar feud that they could have done a hundred other ways than wasting a main event match for.
But, Brock did the same to the 2 WWE Supermen in Cena(SummerSlam 2014) and Reigns(Mania 31)... why should Rollins have fared any better?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
WWF Hardcore Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L@RISANO View Post
But, Brock did the same to the 2 WWE Supermen in Cena(SummerSlam 2014) and Reigns(Mania 31)... why should Rollins have fared any better?
You have a point. Yet, we're you left saying...Wow , what a great Main Event that was! Or....That sucked Monkey Dick. I'd guess Monkey Dick on Main Event squash ideas.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
WWF Hardcore Champion

Brock vs Very Old Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match was a different story all together. Undertaker put on the best match he could with his Godlike counterpart Lesnar.
Brock ripping open the ring was a cool idea and it added to the match.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:41 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
You have a point. Yet, we're you left saying...Wow , what a great Main Event that was! Or....That sucked Monkey Dick. I'd guess Monkey Dick on Main Event squash ideas.
Well, given the main idea going into that match was to see Brock smash the Scumbag, Traitorface... I think it was going perfectly, until Taker returned and allowed Traitorface to escape once again...
Old 01-18-2016, 08:11 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Anyone with a brain would agree with all your points, but marks are too busy jacking off to Brock Lesnar to admit that everything you said is true. Brock Lesnar is a scumbag who DESPISES wrestling and cares about nothing but money and his own ego. His matches are garbage, his "mystique" is undeserved and completely unfounded, and the entire company has been handed to him on a silver platter because Vince has been in love with him for 14 years. It's also worth pointing out that there are fans out there who ONLY watch for Brock Lesnar, and tune out of the product whenever he's not around (which is 95% of the year), which is also devastating to WWE in the long run.

In short, yes, Brock Lesnar ruins wrestling. I've been saying that for years, and it's good that a few others are starting to see the truth as well. The difference is that I DON'T keep watching. I have the Network to watch classic wrestling and I watch the PPVs since I get them free, but I refuse to watch WWE's weekly programming, and Brock Lesnar is a huge reason why.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:14 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...Sexcellence of Sexecution worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Anyone with a brain would agree with all your points, but marks are too busy jacking off to Brock Lesnar to admit that everything you said is true. Brock Lesnar is a scumbag who DESPISES wrestling and cares about nothing but money and his own ego. His matches are garbage, his "mystique" is undeserved and completely unfounded, and the entire company has been handed to him on a silver platter because Vince has been in love with him for 14 years. It's also worth pointing out that there are fans out there who ONLY watch for Brock Lesnar, and tune out of the product whenever he's not around (which is 95% of the year), which is also devastating to WWE in the long run.

In short, yes, Brock Lesnar ruins wrestling. I've been saying that for years, and it's good that a few others are starting to see the truth as well. The difference is that I DON'T keep watching. I have the Network to watch classic wrestling and I watch the PPVs since I get them free, but I refuse to watch WWE's weekly programming, and Brock Lesnar is a huge reason why.
Except Lesnar never competes on TV and only competes on WWE Network events. So that's probably the most ineffective boycott strategy of all time.

Let's look at Lesnar's matches in 2016, he had the triple threat with Rollins and Cena which was a match of the year contender and the best triple threat match ever. Then he had a perfect main event with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 31. Nobody expected that match to be that great and it was absolutely phenomenal and helped everybody invovled. He also had a great Hell In A Cell match with the Undertaker. It was a war that felt like an old school Hell In A Cell match. Pretty imrpessive to pull that off with a geriatric fuck that won't hang up the boots. I mean he only had like 6 or 7 matches in 2016, and basically half of them were amazing.

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 01-18-2016 at 10:21 PM.
sendpm.gif