WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Jim Johnston to WWE HOF 2016?
Yes 18 90.00%
No 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

No, he should not. This is the wrestling hall of fame. He's not a wrestler.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 07:03 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Heartbreak_Kid_707

He is as fundamental part of wwe as Vince IMO. The music is what I enjoy as much as the match itself. Defiantly in the HoF!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
It’s time WWE commits to expanding its Hall of Fame class to more than just on-air performers.I’m not the first to think of this. In fact, it was a question I fielded every year fromfans when the Hall of Fame ceremony announcements would come around. I rejected the thought of behind-the-scenes people being included simply on the principle that the majority of fans wouldn’t know who they were.
But I’ve changed my mind and feel it could be for the best for the WWE Hall of Fame, which has been growing and evolving.
The company already has a celebrity wing featuring those from Hollywood or sports who had involvement inside the wrestling ring, people such as Pete Rose, Mike Tyson and Donald Trump. WWE also broke new ground when inducting Pittsburgh’s Connor Michalek. The late Michalek was anenthusiastic WWE fan who lost his battle with brain cancer. The Connor’s Cure foundation was started by WWE, and Michalek got the inaugural “Warrior Award” and was inducted last year.
It seems like now is the time for further expansion of the Hall of Fame. Jim Johnston would be a great person to start with in honoring the behind-the-scenes efforts it takes for WWE to be the entertainment juggernaut it is.
Johnston has been WWE’s in-house musicalcomposer for nearly 30 years. It starts with music. It’s the first thing we hear andconnect to a wrestler as he comes out the curtain. So much of the music and entrance sculpts the rest of the wrestler’s performance. Johnston’s brilliance has been documented via behind-the-scenes segments in how he created some memorable themes. He also was a guest on an episode of Stone Cold Steve Austin’s podcast.
Without Johnston, things would be different in WWE, and I don’t think for the better over the past three decades. “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone” is a phrase that applies to Johnston’s talents. Luckily in my lifetime, I haven’t experienced a WWE without his musical soundtrack.

- Justin LaBar

To be honest, I have enjoyed the creations by Jim Johnston a lot. They have an awesome feel with them. And Justin was spot on this time about Jim going to WWE HOF 2016. It would be the right moment to induct him as well as Lemmy.
I have to tell you, this is not exactly an original idea from Justin. This is talked about all the time. Now that guys like Bruno, Warrior, and Savage have gone in, Johnston is probably the most talked about hopeful inductee behind Owen Hart. Sure he should go in. Why not? The only reason not to induct him is if people wouldn't be interested in hearing him speak. I'm sure casuals don't know his name but the crowd that the HOF and WrestleMania attract do. I think it would be interesting to hear him talk about which themes were his favorites, which ones were hard to come up with, which ones just didn't work, etc.

Quote:
I've mentioned it to you before, I really don't think you know what this means. You seem to use it in very inappropriate places a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
No, he should not. This is the wrestling hall of fame. He's not a wrestler.
Surely you see the flaw in your argument. I don't need to say it, do I?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
Surely you see the flaw in your argument. I don't need to say it, do I?
I realize other non-wrestlers are in. They have all had an on-screen role.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
I realize other non-wrestlers are in. They have all had an on-screen role.
As did Vince rather it been commentating or his authority role. I hope this is sarcasm on your part.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

No. To me the HOF should be about inducting wrestlers, managers and announcers but having said that the WWE HOF is already watered down with people like Trump, Tyson and Swartzenegger so Johnson fits that crowd. Vince is all about "entertainment" and that's what the WWE HOF is.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
As did Vince rather it been commentating or his authority role. I hope this is sarcasm on your part.
But Vince McMahon hasn't retired yet. Neither has Jim Johnston though he shouldn't get in anyways.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 07:11 PM

darkrain888 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Jim Johnston for WWE Hall of Fame? I just got one thing to say. OHHHH YEEAAHHH! DIG IT!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2016, 07:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes he deserves to be in the HOF. I have said that for at least the past 5 years. Unfortunately he will have to wait until 2017. Lemmy will be inducted this year. There is only room for one non-performer, unfortunately, it will be Lemmy this year. Sorry Jim
sendpm.gif
Old 01-21-2016, 06:36 PM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
WWE Diva's Champion

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

You know when someone comes up with an idea and you're thinking... why did I never think of this?

This is one of them.

He absolutely deserves a Hall Of Fame induction.

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
sendpm.gif