WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-14-2016, 08:16 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Royal Rumble 2016: Intercontinental Championship LMS - Ambrose (c) VS Owens

It's been announced on SmackDown that Ambrose will face off against Kevin Owens at the Royal Rumble ppv in a Last Man Standing match for the Intercontinental Championship.

Considering their various brawls, I think this is a hard hitting, physical match with the Last Man Standing stipulation is a good way to end the feud before, hopefully, Owens moves on up the card a bit. There's little chance of Owens regaining the title, which I think is a good idea as hot potato runs don't do titles or champs much good, this is still one of those matches that, like this feud as a whole, can do well to elevate both men involved. I could see Owens being built up over the WrestleMania season and into the post season as a potential challenge for the WWE Championship, being especially viable sometime during the summer.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

So does that mean both Ambrose and Owens aren't in the Rumble match? If it wasn't a last man standing match then I could believe they could double up but I don't see the point to throw in both Ambrose and Owens into the Rumble match just for name power now. Nobody will believe they could win. Although it would be a good opportunity for to create possibly Lesnar v2 by have Owens (or Ambrose) winning the LMS and then the Rumble match.

Going to be a good match regardless. We get two awesome wrestlers that have no boundaries for an IC title match. What more could you ask for. I expect Ambrose to come out on top here for a couple of reasons. 1) I don't see WWE doing a switch dance with the IC title between these guys. Both guys can be in the main event and that is a big point considering to me the feud is not about the IC title anymore so why just give them statistics. 2) Owens has come out a few times and said he would like to face Brock. In kayfabe maybe his sights aren't on the IC title or Ambrose but more to make a statement to Brock. In reality WWE could just be getting ready for a Owens vs Lesnar match.

Again bit sad that it now makes these guys have an almost impossible chance at winning the Rumble (not that it matters to me because I didn't see any winning but just to give that wow this could happen) but I know it'll be an awesome match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Rumble always had two main event matches with one being the World Ttitle match and the other being the Rumble match. Now that World Title + Rumble = One, this match will do a great job to serve as the second main event of the night. That's why I also believe the Last Man Standing stipulation was added.

On to the match, I expect Dean Ambrose to go over and move on to his Wrestlemania feud. Owens will put an impressive showing, but he will have to lose in order to wrap this feud. Then he can move up the card a bit and be in the upper mid card position at Wrestlemania. With Cena out, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up facing The Deadman himself, or the Beast Incarnate, so, for that to happen he needs to be away from the Intercontinental Championship picture.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

This could be the show stealer for sure. Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose are going to get proper time to have a long, hard hitting match. There should be a decent hardcore spot or two.

RMK
sendpm.gif
Old 01-14-2016, 10:30 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm a huge fan of both guys and it should be a good one.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

I see this match stipulation as a perfect one for the Royal Rumble PPV considering the Royal Rumble match which will follow later. Dean Ambrose being the one amongst the 29 others to challenge Roman Reigns inside the Royal Rumble match might can alter the match stage setup and cheers that Roman will have. I reckon this is the good decision to keep Ambrose away from the Rumble match itself.

Talking about Kevin Owens push to the main event level, in my verdict, he should either win the title or it should be a double countout. If Kevin Owens is going to feud with someone as monstrous as Brock Lesnar in the near future, it'll be an asinine decision for him to lay back on the match for the count of 10! Let him win and perhaps make some change for plans for Dean Ambrose and no chances for the match to be less entertaining to any point.

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2016, 12:53 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This should be a great match. I got Owens with the win. WWE seems to have big plans for him, he can't afford a loss. Meanwhile, Ambrose can.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Yeah, neither man can enter The Rumble after such an arduous match. Then again, this is a no sell era, so I don't think it'll make much difference.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Magical Girl
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I like that it's Last Man Standing over the IC belt. Makes it feel like a big deal, & the storyline vitriol between Owens & Ambrose has reached the point where this kind of match feels justified.

Liking this feud a lot, expecting this to be the blowoff. Hopefully as others have said neither enters the Rumble simply because if they do it'll undersell the entire concept of Last Man Standing.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I have been loving this feud over Intercontinental Title between Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens. I love these both guys. And their pairing has been awesome. Its like an extreme feud which i am liking alot. They both fight each other in a very natural way as if this is something real & personal.
So i hope Ambrose wins this feud by defeating Owens so that Owens can move up to main event. By the way, this feud has seriously elevated the Intercontinental Title to #2 behind the WWE WHC but ahead of US Title which is incredible.

Last edited by ShinChan : 01-15-2016 at 09:03 AM.
sendpm.gif