WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-02-2016, 08:05 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

The nominees for the NXT Year-End Awards have been announced.

Overall Competitor of the Year:
Finn Balor
Bayley
Kevin Owens
Sasha Banks
Charlotte
Samoa Joe
Sami Zayn
Tyler Breeze
Becky Lynch
Asuka

Male Competitor of the Year:
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Samoa Joe
Kevin Owens
Tyler Breeze

Female Competitor of the Year:
Bayley
Sasha Banks
Charlotte
Becky Lynch
Asuka

Tag Team of the Year:
Blake & Murphy
The Vaudevillains
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady
Dash & Dawson
The Lucha Dragons

TakeOver of the Year:
Rival
Brooklyn
Respect
London

Match of the Year:
NXT Women's Championship - Sasha Banks vs. Bayley: Respect
NXT Championship - Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor: The Beast in the East special
NXT Women's Championship - Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch: Rival
NXT Championship - Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe: London
NXT Championship - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens: Rival
NXT Women's Championship - Sasha Banks vs. Bayley: Respect
NXT Women's Championship - Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch: Unstoppable
NXT Women's Championship - Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte: WWE NXT 7-15-15
No.1 Contender's Tournament Final - Finn Balor vs. Neville: Rival
NXT Championship - Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor: WWE NXT 3-25-15

For the Overall Competitor of the Year, I'd say it'll go to Finn Balor and the same for Male Competitor of the Year.

For Female Competitor of the Year, I think it goes to Bayley.

Tag Team of the Year is pretty wide open. If the awards are fan voted, there's a strong change that Enzo and Cassady pull out the win. Otherwise, I think it goes to either Blake & Murphy or Dash & Dawson.

TakeOver of the Year, for me, is probably Brooklyn.

Match of the Year is a tough call as there were tons of great matches. For me, I'm torn between Banks vs. Bayley at Brooklyn and Respect. Both were fantastic matches with tremendous build, storytelling and action; one could argue that the Iron Woman Match takes the edge due to the additional time to tell a story but, at the same time, all the various falls within the 30 minute stretch could be a slight negative. Had they stuck with a single fall for the match, as we saw with HBK vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania XXII, I think it would've had a more epic feel.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 01-02-2016, 10:12 AM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
NXT Women's Championship - Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch: Unstoppable
Glad to see this match nominated. It won't win but it sold me on Banks and started me following NXT regularly, along with an interest in Balor. The crowd's standing ovation and singing Becky's song to her at the end was a really nice moment.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

Male Competitor of the year is difficult. Owens was only around for half the year but it was a tremendous run. Both the promos and the matches were fantastic. I loved how simplistic his character was in the feud with Zayn and then how much of a prick he was in the feud with Balor. Most notably when he put Full Sail in their place before the Brooklyn.

Balor, however, was around for the full year. I loved the match with Neville and he had two superb matches with Owens. There were some good matches in the tag-team tournament and with Apollo/Joe. I remember absolutely loving the match with Neville and I want to say it was the second best of the year. Sure, his promos aren't anything special but his entrances and character make up for that.

I'd have to say Owens edges it.

Female/Overall is also difficult for similar reasons. Bayley was around for the full year but Sasha was simply better. The feud between the two of them was superb and the two matches are going to be era-defining. I personally think Sasha had a better year. I find her more entertaining (particularly in promos) and her matches with Charlotte and Becky were also of high quality.

The best tag-team is a weird one. There have been many good/entertaining teams but not one that absolutely stands out. Enzo and Big Cass will probably win, which is fine, but both Blake and Murphy and Dash and Dawson have had good years too. Even Jordan and Gable have ended the year strongly and, quite frankly, out of all the teams put on the best matches.

Female/Overall - Sasha
Male - Owens
Match - Sasha v Bayley Brooklyn
Tag-team - Enzo and Big Cass
TakeOver - Brooklyn
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

The results were announced on this week's edition of NXT.

Overall Competitor of the Year - Finn Balor

Male Competitor of the Year - Finn Balor

Female Competitor of the Year - Bayley

Tag Team of the Year - Enzo Amore and Big Cass

NXT Takeover Event of the Year - NXT Takeover Brooklyn

Match of the Year - Bayley VS Sasha Banks at NXT Takeover Brooklyn

I am in agreement on nearly every single award for this. An argument could be made for the Iron Man match between Bayley and Sasha for the match of the year, although their Brooklyn match was fantastic as well so both matches would have been fine choices for the award. Unlike the Slammy Awards which come off as a colossal waste of time, this came off so much more genuine. I'm not surprised by this either as NXT blows Raw and Smackdown out of the water in quality so often these days. Congratulations to the winners of these awards and I look forward to what 2016 brings for each of them.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif