WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Christopher Daniels is an excellant
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Joss Whedon Annouces Avengers: Age Of Ultron Film

Quote:
Last night in San Diego, writer and director Joss Whedon announced the official title and villain for the sequel to his landmark Avengers film. Avengers: Age of Ultron debuts on May 15, 2015.

Just how much it will borrow from Brian Michael Bendis and Bryan Hitch’s recent comic book series remains unclear. This one caught us all a bit off guard. The working assumption put Thanos at the center of this next Avengers film, but perhaps he’ll be waiting in the wings for Avengers 3. We know he’ll play some role in Guardians of the Galaxy, but that won’t be his endgame. Until then, we’ll be seeing enemies from other corners. Probably smart to diversify the range of threats and villains. There’s plenty from which to choose.
For those who don't know who or what Ultron is a sentiant robot built by Hank Pym (Ant-Man) that turns rouge & becomes dedicated with the extermination & conquest of humanity. Ultron was featured as the villain in several episodes of the first season of the Avenger: Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

This kinda surprised me as I was one of the many people who thought Thanos was in line as teh next major threat to the Avengers, it certainly seemed that way after the way Avengers ended. That said I can't say I'm disappointed in this news as I think Ultron should be a great choice to keep our heroes busy in the next film.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
RIP Cooper's Title Reign
WWE Diva's Champion

Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsayne View Post
For those who don't know who or what Ultron is a sentiant robot built by Hank Pym (Ant-Man) that turns rouge & becomes dedicated with the extermination & conquest of humanity. Ultron was featured as the villain in several episodes of the first season of the Avenger: Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

This kinda surprised me as I was one of the many people who thought Thanos was in line as teh next major threat to the Avengers, it certainly seemed that way after the way Avengers ended. That said I can't say I'm disappointed in this news as I think Ultron should be a great choice to keep our heroes busy in the next film.
According the head executive in Marvel Thanos is set to appear in GOTG, Avengers 2, and plenty of other phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers 3. He's basically the end game villain pulling all the strings to everything.

But back to this news, I'm excited, Whedon will do awesome. With the inclusion of Ultron and Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver this will be interesting.

Fear No One, Clothesline Everyone - Flex Mussel

Credit to Skull
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm neat.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm actually very excited to head more about Ultron. At first glance it may appear to any non comic book fan that this villain is a lot less powerful than Loki and the army however Ultron is extremely powerful and will give a good battle to the Avengers. I'm intrigued that we're most likely getting some version of the Ant-Man in the upcoming movie and I'm also intrigued to see what kind of role Tony Stark plays as after Iron man 3 it left me sort of confused as to how that'll all play out. Anyways Ultron is pretty awesome, and it'll be interesting on how it's portrayed and how it gives the avengers a large fight. My guess is that it is not the only villain for the movie...
sendpm.gif
Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Christopher Daniels is an excellant
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macios View Post
I'm intrigued that we're most likely getting some version of the Ant-Man in the upcoming movie
Some version of Ant-man?, we're getting Ant-man, Marvel has already announced the Ant-man movie, directed by Edgar Wright, for 2015. That movie will most likely set the ground work for Avengers 2, since Pym created Ultron. Also Whedon has already confirmed Ant-man for Avengers 2.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 AM
RIP Cooper's Title Reign
WWE Diva's Champion

Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...Easily Excitable Dynamite is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsayne View Post
Some version of Ant-man?, we're getting Ant-man, Marvel has already announced the Ant-man movie, directed by Edgar Wright, for 2015. That movie will most likely set the ground work for Avengers 2, since Pym created Ultron. Also Whedon has already confirmed Ant-man for Avengers 2.
Ant Man the movie is actually set after Avengers 2, but as you said he'll definitely be in Avengers 2 so I guess Ultron will be their way of introducing him.

Credit to Skull

Last edited by Easily Excitable Dynamite : 07-22-2013 at 01:57 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Smaaaart Maaaaarks.

BrianFNPillman is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to BrianFNPillman

I'm really not happy about an Ant-Man movie, I mean if they're leading up to Civil War or something I suppose you need Hank Pym. But I just don't like him, I don't know why, it might be just because he turned into a whiney douche post-Secret Invasion. Regardless, I just feel they could do more with the options they have...Like Black Bolt. Or maybe Luke Cage.

That being said, I loved the Ultron crossovers, and the semi angsty teenager in me wants a Sentry spin-off just to see him tear Ultrons head off. But Ultron on it's own is a badass villain if only because it can defend itself. I loved Loki, but the fact he couldn't win a fist fight made me question how far they could take him.

"Gentlemen, we are the Commando Elite. Everything else is just a toy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
I like the bit where Jim Cornette talks about attitude and professionalism.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
RIP Cooper's Title Reign
WWE Diva's Champion

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...-ultron-origin

According to this Ant Man will not be in Avengers 2 after all and Ultron will have a completely new origin. Many think this is the case due to Robert Downey Jr. wanting a role that fits Stark more and while that can be the case considering he's the only one with creative control I'm not torn up about it. The movie will already be crowded enough with the inclusion of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Credit to Skull
sendpm.gif
Old 07-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Smaaaart Maaaaarks.

Hawkeye is viewed as the most expendable? Bullshit. If they kill him off it needs to come from Scarlet Witch going winsane and leading to disassembled. Mind you, that's just me being a shitty loyalist and wanting a House of M adaptation.

I really hope they don't kill off Hawkeye, I think Renner does a fantastic job as him, plus I've always been a bit of a mark for him, archery is just so boss.

Quote:
sendpm.gif
Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 AM
Knockout Champion

Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...Alastor worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think a way to introduce Ultron without Antman in the movieverse would be to make JARVIS the seed for Ultron. My story pitch would be Starks experimenting on combing the Extermis virus with one of his suits after Iron Man 3 but it result in JARVIS becoming unstable and almost killed him. So Starks gave up on it but SHIELD stole notes from Starks and created a sister AI similar to JARVIS to continue with the experiment. This new AI then goes rogue and become Ultron.

And Hawkeye is easily the most expendable. Hulk is the avengers ultimate weapon, without him avengers have nothing against the big bad foes. Thor/Capt/Iron Man all have their own franchises. Black Widow is there for the sex appeal for the teenage boys. Hawkeye is just there as the non-rich batman gadget type hero. I don't think Renner appeals to the teenage girl demographic but I might be wrong.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Smaaaart Maaaaarks.

Quote:
I don't think Renner appeals to the teenage girl demographic but I might be wrong.
If this is the case it really is a sad point in time that the teenage girl demographic has brought the mainstream media to it's knees. I'm not saying purely appeal to the 18-35 male demographic, but seriously.

Like I said though, I'm a massive fan of Hawkeye so I'm probably not going to be able to provide an unbiased opinion. And I've always like Renner as an actor anyway.

Quote:
sendpm.gif