WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Jonah Hex

Release Date: June 18, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone...and anything. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Lilah (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. Jonah’s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can’t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah’s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary character from the graphic novels, “Jonah Hex” is an epic adventure thriller about one man’s personal quest for redemption against the vast canvas of the battle between good and evil. To Jonah, serving the good and the evil haven't proven to be profitable ventures, so why not make a little money while two sides settle their scores?
Why the fuck are John Malkovich and Josh Brolin in this? Both of these men are fine actors, and they are usually in good/great films. The last flashy Hollywood blockbuster film I remember Malkovich being in was Con Air, and I guess you could also count Eragon.

Anyway, I don't expect much from this movie. This is film will be yet another flashy summer blockbuster, filled with action, explosions, and cheesy one-liners. And from looking at the trailer, you just know this movie is going to have a ton of sexual innuendos involving Megan Fox. This one will probably do well at the box office, because this is the type of movie people love to see in the summer time.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 PM
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Knight And Day

Release Date: June 23, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: Knight and Day is an action comedy film. Secret agent Roy Miller (Cruise) meets June Havens (Diaz) on a blind date. Miller brings Havens on a mission in order to save the key to a source of immense power. Together they try to evade being caught by a federal agent.
Wow. This movie looks absolutely horrible. I consider Tom Cruise to be a very good actor, but there's no way this movie has the potential to be any good. Knight and Day will probably do good at the box office because I'm sure a lot of people will want to see Diaz and Cruise on screen together. By looking at the trailer, you can tell there will be a ton of over the top action scenes, and a lot of corny humor. How in the hell do Cruise and Diaz go from making movies such as Valkyrie and My Sister's Keeper to this?

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 06-19-2010 at 05:15 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-19-2010, 04:25 PM
WWE Champion

Grown Ups

Release Date: June 25, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: Five best friends (Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider) from junior high reunite over 30 years later in the wake of the death of their old basketball coach and decide to spend the Independence Day weekend together with their families at the lake house where they celebrated their championship.
I guess you could say that this movie is for everyone. Grown Ups looks like it could be funny, and this film has an all-star cast of comedy actors. But at the same time, an all-star cast of comedy actors isn't always a good thing. If you don't believe me, then you should watch Wild Hogs(2007). Still, I think this one should be decent, and it's good to see David Spade in something major again.

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 06-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
WWE Champion

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Release Date: June 30, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis: As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death.
I've tried to get into the Twilight movies, but I just can't. I think both movies are highly overrated in every way possible, and Twilight has done something that I never thought could be done.....this film/book series has made vampires and werewolves look like wimps. But Twilight has become a phenomenon at the movies, and it's definitely going to be one of the major attractions this summer. This movie will make a ton of money, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eclipse spent a good amount of time at the #1 spot. There won't be any blood and gore in this movie, so I won't be watching this one.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
The Huntington Beach Bad Girl

Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cookie worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Cookie

Inception

Release Date: July 16, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.

I'm surprised this hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet. Good GOD I am excited for this fucking film. I'm a fan of Chris Nolan's work and watching the teaser trailer in theatres pretty much killed me. I purposely have been avoiding reading any detailed plot synopses or spoilers about this film because I want to go into it knowing as little as possible, so I can't comment on whether it looks like a good premise or not. However, it looks visually AMAZING and the cast is stellar (with the likes of Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard, Ken Watanabe, and Cillian Murphy) so hopefully it isn't disappointing from either of those aspects. Oh and it's going to be in IMAX which I highly suggest paying the extra money for since Nolan's films are exceptionally beautiful in IMAX. I'll be there with bells on.

It's a lie so big. I feel like I've been in some dream since I found out.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
WWE Champion

I'm really looking forward to this one. Anyone who reads this forum regularly should know that I'm a big fan of pretty much anything Leonardo DiCaprio is in, and I've been waiting for Inception for a long time. Christopher Nolan is directing this one, so it should be amazing. This film has a good cast, and the story seems to be something very unique, and I can only imagine how this is going to look and feel in IMAX. Inception should be one of the very few gems this summer.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
WWE Champion

Predators

Release Date: July 9, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:The film follows a mercenary named Royce (Adrien Brody), who is abducted by alien creatures known as the Predators. He is released onto an alien planet—which acts as a game preserve—along with seven other humans who, with the exception of a disgraced physician, are all cold-blooded killers, with the group consisting of soldiers, mercenaries and convicts. Royce reluctantly leads the group of elite warriors as they come to realize they have been brought together on this planet as prey for a new breed of Predators. While battling to survive against these creatures, they come across an American soldier known as Noland, who was brought to the planet years ago as game, but has managed to survive by hiding from the Predators in a cave. Noland reveals that the Predators have been hunting humans by dropping them on this planet for many years.
For a Predators film, this one actually has a solid cast. When I learned that this movie was going to be made, I immediately thought this film would be filled with a bunch of no name shit actors/actresses, but it's not. Adrian Brody, Laurence Fishburne, and Alice Braga usually appear in good/great films. Although, I wasn't too happy when I learned Topher Grace was in this film. I can't stand him as Venom in Spider-Man 3.

I loved the first Predator film with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Predators 2010 looks awesome. There should be plenty of action, gore, and suspense here, and these are all things that make a Predator film worth watching.

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 06-27-2010 at 04:54 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Henessey View Post
Predators

Release Date: July 9, 2010

Trailer

For a Predators film, this one actually has a solid cast. When I learned that this movie was going to be made, I immediately thought this film would be filled with a bunch of no name shit actors/actresses, but it's not. Adrian Brody, Laurence Fishburne, and Alice Braga usually appear in good/great films. Although, I wasn't too happy when I learned Topher Grace was in this film. I can't stand him as Venom in Spider-Man 3.

I loved the first Predator film with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Predators 2010 looks awesome. There should be plenty of action, gore, and suspense here, and these are all things that make a Predator film worth watching.
I have been anticipating this film for a long time now. The cast looks awesome minus Topher Grace and that can easily be forgiven as long as I get to see his head be blown off. I have read some rumors about the film and if it goes the way that some think it may then it could be a great edition to the Predator saga.

From the trailer, the world that they are using looks amazing, even more so then Avatar, then again I am very against Avatar. We finally get to take a look at where the Predators live at and what they do. In addition, the Predators look badass. They really do look like a blast from the past from what I have seen. I am so excited for this film, July 9th cannot come fast enough.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
WWE Champion

The Last Airbender

Release Date: July 1, 2010

Trailer

Quote:
Synopsis:Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz) a waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world.
There's only one thing that bothers about this movie, and that one thing is..... M.Night Shyamalan. Shyamalan's last couple of films have either been mediocre or terrible. His films are usually always well directed, but on the writing side of things, he tends to be very streaky. It's like a hit or miss type of situation, but when Shyamalan misses, the film can turn out to be terrible.

Anyway, Airbender looks good. I've never seen the show, but this movie looks to be fun, and the action scenes look awesome. Airbender will probably get lost in the shuffle as far as making money at the box office goes, because this film is being released in the same week with Twilight Eclipse, which is sure to blow everything else away. Still, Airbender seems as if it's worth watching, and this movie will look amazing in 3D.

Last edited by Mitch Henessey : 06-28-2010 at 10:13 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

I am extremely excited for both Inception and Predators in the coming weeks. Inception because Christopher Nolan is a brilliant director and DiCaprio is one of if not my favorite current actor in Hollywood, and Predators because of my childhood and continued obsession with the franchise. I have so many great memories of watching that film with my father and my best friend when I was a child, I've probably seen the original Predator hundreds of times and have followed the franchise closely. Throw in the great cast and the fact that Robert Rodriguez is involved, and this film looks like the first good Predator since the original.

Inception and Predators will both be films I plan on going out to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif